Florida appointment

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Are you saying you are now taking both Advair and Pulmicort? Advair is a corticosteroid. I think you misunderstood the pharmacist. I can't tell from your post what you are doing, but I agree with Jeannine that you need to keep your O2 on. Getting up and walking around and dropping to the 70's or sitting around seeing how long it takes you to drop has to be stressful. Not everyone is short of breath, so you aren't a freak of nature. I don't think you have learned much from me as I advocate people use supplemental O2 when they need it and you sound like you do. I also have mentioned several times that dairy products should be eliminated in your diet if you have COPD. I think most experts would agree with this. It's not something I made up. From what you wrote, drinking milk does affect you. Didn't Dr. F give you any dietary guidelines? It doesn't sound like you are an alpha to me. Dr F, like any doctor, probably just wants to be able to confirm that and rule it out.

Advair
Advair is one of the most popular medicine for asthma treatment. Advair goes by the generic name Fluticasone and it is a corticosteroid and bronchodilator combination used to treat and prevent or decrease the symptoms of asthma (ie: wheezing, trouble breathing), and also chronic lung disease (ie: emphysema, bronchitis, - COPD).
Pulmicort
Pulmicort is a glucocorticoid steroid for the treatment of asthma, non-infectious rhinitis (including hay fever and other allergies), and for treatment and prevention of nasal polyposis. Additionally, it is used for inflammatory bowel disease.
Preventing asthma symptoms. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Pulmicort is an inhaled corticosteroid. It works by decreasing irritation and swelling in the airways, which helps to control or prevent asthma symptoms.

Bev12452

but aren't they both forms of a steroid I know I am confused I will call Dr F tomorrow and ask him about it maybe I will just email him I get more fom reading stuff than listening mind doesn't keep up thanks for listening and yes I do keep my o2 on and I don't drink milk I have learned my lessons it must be the german blood hard headed I have had one alpha test done and I am a carrier with a genotype of mz thats why he wants it tested further when I think of steroids I think of the oral type so when you inhale you don't get the same side effects or do you does anyone else use pulmocort

Bev12452

another question why to advise to stay away from starchy foods I know you probalbly have gone over it but I can't remember I got the call yesterday from th apotacare my stuff, for lack of spelling it out, will be here tomorrow than I probaly will have moe questions hope all ar having a sunny day
Bev

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Heavily starchy foods can be harder to digest and cause more mucus. Did you get your Pulmicort/Advair problem sorted out?

Bev12452

I emailed DR F about the two products if I don't get a response I will call the office in th Morning and talk to Toni she will relay the question to DR F I haven't used the advair since I started the pulmocort thanks for caring
Bev

Kaye

Bev

Bev,
I got this info from a doctor about starches - foods high in carbohydrates produce carbon dioxide when the food is metabolized. It can raise you carbon dioxide level in the blood, and the lungs have to work harder to get rid of it. Glad you and Everett made it. I'm still keeping up with both of you. Keep us all posted. Best wishes.

Bev12452

I did get an email from the good Dr he took me off the advair and now I just use the spriva and the pulmocort my stuff lack of learning how to spell it got detained in texas will be shipped today waiting to see if there is much of a difference one symptom that has returned from previous treatment night sweats wake up soaking wet head to foot please don't make me go through menopause for the third time twice was more than enough lol next time I email the Dr I will ask him about it otherwise things are good feeling good and moving alot hope all are having a bright and sunny day

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Are you talking about glutathione? If so, make sure that they ship it overnight or 2 day air at the latest in ice. You need to be home when it is delivered and put it in the refrigerator right away.

Bev12452

Yes Barbara I am talking about that I am just too lazy to try and remember the name if I can't pronounce it I surly can't spell it I will be home waiting for it to arrive thanks for the info and the help when are you moving to Florida lol you said you needed to be at sea level it is a lot cheaper on this coast than west coast hope everyone is feeling good and enjoying life every morning I wake up It is a good day

Everett

Move to Florida!!!!!!?????????

Now BEV
If we are going to move anyone anywhere from the high country it will have to be to Texas---
We also need to work on getting Dr. F. and family to Texas and Jeannine and Tony from N.H. south to Texas.
If you just have to live in a big city then San Antonio is just north of Poteet and Houston is on the coast but I would not suggest there due to the polution of all those folks there and Tony is from "down south" so it would almost be like coming home. Of course you would certainly be welcome too Bev
I hope that you are doing better now. I am today but yesterday was He double ll. We were under a strong low pressure right over us and heavy rain so it was not exactly a fun day. Today was better. Take care all of you and behave
IF
you get the chance

Connie

Everett,
Don't you be pickin' on Houston. We love it here. And there are some stem cell trials from time to time in our world class Medical Center. But you are right about the pollution especially on the east side of town where I grew up across the ship channel from all the refineries. We live on the northwest side now and love it. Of course if my husbands job was not here we would love to live in the rolling hills of Brenham. But then there is Austin, Corpus Christi, New Braunfels, Kerrville, and the list goes on. There is something for everyone here in Texas. Y'all come on down, we'd love to have you, there is plenty of room for everyone. If you can't find somewhere you love in Texas.....well... xoxoxo

Patricia B3749

Florida

Everett & Bev, Happy to hear you are both doing well after your trip and treatment. I hope now that you are back at home with your new meds, you will start to see small changes for the better sneak up on you. That is how it happend with me after my treatment. I am still doing well, and would do it again in a heartbeat, you are both in my heart and prayer's.

Everett

Oooops

If the refineries are going full blast and the wind is out of the wrong direction then you might want to think more strongly about Brenham. There are some fine medcal centers there in Houston. Also a fine med school and dental school. My dad went to the dental branch-class of '28. Houston has never been the same since-----us Byroms are known for that it seems. Good care all

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I like Texas and would seriously consider it, however, I am not sure if I am ready to just up and relocate without trying a place out for awhile. Since the cost of housing has dropped to a ridiculously low price in Las Vegas, my husband and I might just do our low altitude test there for a few months. It is 2000 ft which is about 4000 less than where I live. I did fine there last year after I had a great stem cell treatment in Mexico and we stopped there on the way home. It is only a day from where I live, whereas Texas is two days. Las Vegas is also just a day from California which is somewhere else that is real good for lung patients.
Florida is too far away for me Bev. Sorry. I have lived in Denver all my life, so any decision I make will not be done hastily.

Everett

relocaation

Barbara,
I am not being the "typical" Texan right now but from where I live it takes a day to get out of Texas if you are going to the high country. I have some very dear friends that were in Denver but have retiredand have moved to LaVita and when they were up there it was near impossible to make it in less than two days. The trip down to Sarassota was near three so if we can get all you guys towards the center in a southerly direction then a days travel wont be bad for anyone.

Bev12452

I love Teas too I was stationed at Fort Sam Housto and lived in Converse for 8 years spent alot of time at canyon lake would love to move back but right now with my dad I think it would be too much for him so we will stay here but wee still have friends in Converse and family in Louisiana lets make a commune I guess land at canyon lake is not affordable anymore oh well good to dream

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I can get to places like El Paso and Amarillo in a day easily, but not to the parts of Texas like the hill country that really interest me. I think I will have to stick with my Las Vegas plans for now, but you can come and visit me.

Bev12452

DON'T PUT OUT AN OFFER LIKE THAT YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT WILL SHOW UP ON YOUR DOORSTOP LOL got my glutathione today I will start it tomarrow Pat thanks for your well wishes I Hope we all get great results from this treatment today was a bad breathing day raining most of the day and I was moving around alot it took alot to keep my stats at 90 now ai am done for the day waiting for football hope all have a good night and a great tomorrow