Florida appointment

Everett

Well it has been set up and I will have my stem cell transplant done by Dr F the 19th and 20th of August. I am excited. I saw my pulmonary doctor today and I believe he is too. Your prayers and good wishes are coveted.
Everett

Last edited:

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
GOOD LUCK EVERETT!!

Keep us posted. I ran into my entire family over the weekend and they told me I look better than I have in a long time. Must have something to do with my treatment.

Patricia B3749

Wishing you well!!!!

Hi Everett,
wishing you well, with your appointment in Florida. My hope and prayers are with you, the best of luck on your trip. Don't forget Everett, if you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours!!!

PatriciaB3749

Everett

Florida bound Friday

Dear All,
It is comforting to hear from you and have your prayers and good wishes coming my way. It means so much. I haven't gotten nervous yet but I'm sure i will to some extent. I just have to keep reminding myself Who is in control and all will be well as He intends.God bless each of you.
Everett

Bev12452

going to Sarasota

I finally made the jump and have an appointment with Dr F on the 26 of August I was supposed to go on the 18 but he changed the date I am looking forward to finally meeting the famous Dr he was the Dr on record for my first stem cell treatment but never even spoke with him so I am excited I have to admit I have been feeling alot better what I thougth were panic attacks are now under control with a small dose of beta blockers I have even returned to the shower Barbara and Jeannine both know how important to me this was I am doing 20 minutes on the treadmill trying to prepare I may even be able to walk the beach hoping everyone is having a good day

Everett

FL appointment

I am a little disappointed in that I thought that you were going to be at Dr. F.'s office the same time that I was and I would get to meet you but I am glad that you are scheduled to go the next week. I will try to behave myself so Dr. F. will be at his best for you. You are in my prayers.
Everett

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Bev - What kind of treatment are you getting? Is he doing anything pre or post treatment as well?

Bev12452

Treatment

I don't know what his plans are all I know is I got a box with alot of vials for blood Everett I wish we were going to be there together it is nice to put a face with someone you have been writing to Don't make him mad cause he is going to stick me the following week I will post to all when I get home thanks for everything Everett my prayers are with you for a safe trip are you driving in beep as you go by Ocala I am about 2 hours from Sarasota I will be waiting for your post to see what he does Good Luck

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Bev - You should ask what the procedures are don't you think? Can I ask you what you are paying for your treatment? Do you have to be there more than one day? I don't mean to be a naysayer, but it worries me that you don't know what type of treatment you are getting.

Bev12452

treatment

Dr F has been so busy I barely get to ask a question I will be meeting him 2 times I sent him all of my test results from my pre transplant tests and he probably got a little worried and that is why he changed my date I just asumed he had chaged everyone date Barbara he did explain but I didn't undersand all the medical terms the part I heard was it would take about 1 1/2 hrs for the treatments I will be using the nebulizer I wish he would have emailed me about the treatment that way I could have taken the time to read and understand but maybe he assumes I already know what I am going to do because of talking with you guys I know hw is out of country now but I will contact him next week thanks for caring

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I don't think he would assume that you knew this because you are a member of this forum. As you know, we don't endorse any doctor or clinic. Make sure he takes the time to thoroughly explain everything to you in terms you can understand. Some doctors like to talk doctor talk and you have to remind them you are a patient. Have a safe trip and a good treatment.

Patricia B3749

trip

bev, I would like to wish you good luck and a lot of prayers on your upcoming procedure, I went to see Dr F in May and had a positive experience. If you are having stem cell infusion as I did, I am sure everything will be fine, Dr F is a wonderful man. again good luck and keep us posted.

PatriciaB3749

Bev12452

Florida

Thanks Pat that is what I am having also I just get confused when he starts talking about the different types of things he is going to use thanks for the terms I knew what he was going to do just not how to say it I did send him all my tests results from my pre transplant testing so he knows everything about my physical being I am glad it is working for you I had stem cells back in the day so hopefully this will jump start them into making my lungs work better I would really love to get off the o2 Barbara gets off of it when she is at sea level well I live here so maybe I can hope The best thing is we learn from each other and give each other hope without hope we might as well just give up and lay in bed and wait I wish you lasting good results and bright and sunny days

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Bev - Ask him what kind of stem cells he is giving you so you can tell us when you return. I would have him write it down for you as it is tough to remember things in the middle of a treatment. If he is having you do a blood draw, you will be getting a peripheral blood treatment from which stem cells will be isolated. Since he does this in the U.S., I don't know just what he can do with them, but at least find out what stem cells you are receiving and the approximate number if you can. Not all stem cells are alike and it would be nice to know what type he feels are working for lung patients.

Bev12452

treatment

I will print out the questions and ask him while I sit there I have had a brain fart for awhile I have had my dad in ICU and worrying about him with the trip coming up and no other family down here my mind just wasn't centered on the treatment I promise to get all the info I can get and write it down so I can make a full report when I get home I am getting excited Barbara didn't you send blood before you went when I spoke with him it was just as the law suit was happening so he had other things on his mind also