stem cell transplants

Nancy Appleton

Bev and Dr. F

Nancy I also went to Dr F I went out to San Diego the first time back in 2007 and had Umbilical stem cell treatment I didn't get worse but I didn't get better I went to Dr F in Aug and I still haven't gotten off the o2 maybe I am hoping for to much I can't get off the line unlike Everett my numbers drop like a lead sinker they bounce back but not the results I had hoped for but I am eligible for a transplant so my lungs are really bad I guess I should be thankful that I am stable each person reacts differently and you may get great results I wish you the best and if there was something else you need to know please feel free to write I will answer to the best of my ability Good Luck
Bev
Dear Bev,
You told me what I wanted to know or did not want to know. I am sorry stem cell therapy did not work for you but I am glad you have a lung transplant coming up. Please keep us posted. I certainly want to hear good news.
Thanks for your help.
Warmly, Nancy Appleton

Bev12452

Jeanine

I am not eligible for that procedure my emphysema is too wide spread to qualify I was hoping for the stent but that too will not work on me the only option is the transplant and I am not ready I have decided to put it in Gods Hands and let what ever happen I did decide to go back and see Dr F one more time and see if I become a miracle that is what I want for Christmas lol if only it were that easy
Bev

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Bev - As I mentioned before, I don't believe that one treatment is going to benefit someone with a severe condition. You need to hit it again and again if at all possible. Also, do everything you can to stay well and put on some weight. I truly hope that you can stay positive and become that miracle too.

Bev12452

Thanks for the good wishes I made the mistake of going to my Dr and in his infinite wisdom decided I was depressed so he put me on 10 mg paxil now Mg may seem very light but it knocked me on my butt I couldn't stay awake I would get up have coffee back to bed and if I tried to sit up I would hold my head for fear it would drop on th counter trying to wean off now but the shakes are bad I can not have anything with caffeine no candy soda I should have just stayed away from the medical field and continue on my own path I was doing fine before now I am afraid to drive hopefully this will all pass soon and life will return to the way it was I don't know why they try to push all the drugs I should have ignored him and not have it filled but I thought he had my best interest at heart wrong well thats my story for the day

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
A great natural remedy for depression among other things is SAMe. You might give it a try. I take it morning and night. The best price I have found for it is at Puritan's Pride.

Everett

Multiteatments

Bev--
I didn't know you were going through all of this and I am sorry that I had not kept up with you. I just got back for Sarasota and my second treatment. I am improving. I am leary of any Dr. giving me anything that may conflict with the stem cell treatments that I am getting from Dr F. My internist doesn't understand this but I am adament about it. If your doctors don't have a working knowledge of emphysema, CODP and the multitude of other pulmonary diseases and stem cell transplants/treatment and research then find another doctor that does. I am having to lead some of my doctors on the stem cell treatment path. Lack of knowledge is a very dangerous thing where we are involved. I am learning this the hard way from being hard headed (as Linda says).
I agree with Barbara. Sometimes it takes more treatments. Unless Dr. F. abvised that it would not do any good then I would follow his advice and go back to him if it is something that you yourself can do. I nearly went to South America for treatment and that would hve been a disaster. The Lord has guided me well.
Please keep us posted on how you are doing. God bless you.
Everett

Bev12452

thanks friends

Barbara thanks again for more info I just read an article in a magazine about same and I am going to order some after I get back from seeing Dr F I want to check with him first I have started taking one teaspoon of the colostrum during th day and I have gained one pound so I am happy my appetite has improved so I guess I am over that hump and have been weaning off the paxil so I even feel more alive the strange part of the drugs is the Dr does heart stem cells over seas so I thought he would understand boy was I wrong Everett like you I believe God will bring me where he wants me I know I have a purpose for going through this just don't know what it is yet hope all have a great day

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
I think SAMe contains glutathione as well.

Bev - glad to hear you're doing well with the colostrum. You can take a teaspoon of colostrum twice a day if you want. It won't hurt you but will definitely make you gain some weight.

jgp

not sure

bev; i lost 50 lbs when diagnosed, also depressed my gp put me on a drug remeron for depression also weight gain. well it helped a little with depression but i wanted to eat the kitchen sink if you put ketcup on it. long , and short, i gained 12 lbs in 2 weeks. i hope this might help. God bless.

gillybabe10

Bev--
I didn't know you were going through all of this and I am sorry that I had not kept up with you. I just got back for Sarasota and my second treatment. I am improving. I am leary of any Dr. giving me anything that may conflict with the stem cell treatments that I am getting from Dr F. My internist doesn't understand this but I am adament about it. If your doctors don't have a working knowledge of emphysema, CODP and the multitude of other pulmonary diseases and stem cell transplants/treatment and research then find another doctor that does. I am having to lead some of my doctors on the stem cell treatment path. Lack of knowledge is a very dangerous thing where we are involved. I am learning this the hard way from being hard headed (as Linda says).
I agree with Barbara. Sometimes it takes more treatments. Unless Dr. F. abvised that it would not do any good then I would follow his advice and go back to him if it is something that you yourself can do. I nearly went to South America for treatment and that would hve been a disaster. The Lord has guided me well.
Please keep us posted on how you are doing. God bless you.
Everett
Hi Everett - my husband has pulmonary fibrosis and had one stem cell repalcement 2 years ago which gave great results. Unfortunately he is now going downhill again at an alarming rate and we are considering another stem cell repalcement with Dr F in Miami where he now is. Would you recommend him
, is he worth it?
I would appreciate a replay
Thanks Gill

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Hi Gillybabe10 - I am not Everett, but in case he does not reply, Dr. Feinerman has changed his regimen dramatically since Everett got treatment for COPD. I do not know if he has changed it for IPF. The changes he has made may not be something that would be included in IPF treatment. I'm not a doctor, so I really couldn't say. Hopefully, someone that has had treatment recently with Dr. Feinerman will post. He does not use stem cells exclusively in his therapy for COPD. I believe that to be a good thing as stem cell treatment alone for COPD, in general, has not shown any great, lasting response for many.

I wish you and your husband the best and hope you will let us know what path you choose. Thank you for your participation in the forum.

gillybabe10

Hi Gillybabe10 - I am not Everett, but in case he does not reply, Dr. Feinerman has changed his regimen dramatically since Everett got treatment for COPD. I do not know if he has changed it for IPF. The changes he has made may not be something that would be included in IPF treatment. I'm not a doctor, so I really couldn't say. Hopefully, someone that has had treatment recently with Dr. Feinerman will post. He does not use stem cells exclusively in his therapy for COPD. I believe that to be a good thing as stem cell treatment alone for COPD, in general, has not shown any great, lasting response for many.

I wish you and your husband the best and hope you will let us know what path you choose. Thank you for your participation in the forum.
Hi Barbara
Thaks for your reply - I did not realise you had, so hence the long delay in replying - wehave decided to go down the RMI route in Tijuana which is adipose stem cell. We are due to go 18th Jan 2012, if my husband can last that long - he is still deteriorating at a fast rate and as we live in UK it is a hard slog for us to get to the US and then on to San Diego.
Does anyone here have any expereince of stem cell for IPF at RMI - I would lvoe to hear from anyone who has please.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
It will be a difficult trip, but RMI is a reputable company. I wish you both the very best and hope that the treatment helps improve his quality of life. Please keep in touch.

gillybabe10

Well we did it! He had the Stem cell repalcement on 20th Jan. To date i would say my husband is worse if anything - certainly much worse than before we went to Tijuana. However, it is early days as yet and I guess the new stem cells need time to adhere to the lungs - certainly Dr Perez at RMI thinks so. So fingers crossed and prayers please for his swift recovery, or at least some improvement.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I am sure your husband is exhausted. It is a difficult task to travel any more even for people who are well. I do hope he feels better soon and that he sees some improvement in his health. Please make sure he gets plenty of rest and relaxation.

Thank you for letting us know and do keep us posted. When you have time, if you could elaborate a little on the treatment itself, it would be helpful to others I am sure.

eldave

Dr. Feinerman and COPD

Did you experience an improvement after treatments with Feinerman? How many treatments, and what was the total cost? My husband, 78 yr.old, is still working at his desk job as an officer in a securities firm, but he is getting worse, and I want to know if it is worth it to pay for a stem cell treatment. I love him very much and am willing to pay whatever is within my means for an improvement in his quality of life, which is quite poor at the moment. Regards, ELDAVE

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Eldave - I just had treatment earlier this month, but right now I will state that the treatment I had is the best one I have ever had and the simplest. It included more than just stem cells which is truly what I feel has made the difference. I haven't made a full report wanting to err on the side of caution since it hasn't been that long since I was treated. I had a series of treatments over a 3 day period. Dr. Feinerman's prices are very reasonable, but my suggestion is to contact him directly to find out if he feels your husband might benefit from therapy. Patients react differently. I am younger than your husband and you don't state how advanced his condition is, but for me, I am pleased with the overall experience and results so far.

Unlike, some doctors/companies, there is no charge to have a consultation with Dr. Feinerman, so you have nothing to lose by calling him. I am not aware of other companies utilizing the additional therapies as he does. Stem cell therapy alone, for me, has reduced inflammation, but it hasn't done anything else. (unless you want to count the times I became seriously ill after treatment). I was looking for more and that is why I had treatment with Dr. Feinerman.

Please continue to visit the forum. I will be posting more as time goes on. I simply do not want to jump the gun, but right now, I am giving his treatment for COPD two thumbs up and a high five.

Connie

Barb,
How exciting! Boy that was quite a road trip! How much fun was that? I love a good road trip! I can't wait to hear all the details. Did you have your PFT's done before you went this time? and when will you be having them again? I am looking looking forward to hearing the good news about how much improvement you and Jeanine have from this latest treatment. Stay positive!

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
We received a basic PFT prior to treatment as well as an EKG, and they also took our blood pressure and temperature.

It was the most complete treatment I've received in all of my pioneering with stem cell treatments.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
We also had an allergy test. As Jeannine said, the treatment was very complete. Lots of individual attention and a complete consultation as well with Dr. Feinerman. He suggested I have an echocardiogram which I had late last week. I don't have the results of that yet. He said a lot of COPD patients he sees do have pulmonary hypertension or cardiac problems. My EKG was a little concerning, so I took his advice.

Connie - It was quite a road trip. We took the southern route to avoid the snow. We left the morning after we got 18 inches of snow at our house. The most trouble we had was getting out of our driveway. We got stuck and it delayed us for an hour. Thank heavens for kitty litter. Half a bucket of that under the tires and we were finally on our way.