stem cell transplants

Everett

I am replying to an inquiry from Nancy Appleton.
Nancy, you asked if I would give you some information on what is involved.
I went to Sarasota Florida and was treated by Dr. F. In my case they drew seven vials of blood from which they collected the stem cells. The next day they transfused the stem cells back to me in an I V. They also gave me another substance I V that day. The next day they treated me again with another substance. Then I met with Dr. F. again and discussed what I could hopefully expect from the treatment. He gave me some medicines that he wanted me on and a prescription for some Glutathione and another med. He also wanted me to come back in three or four months for a follow up treatment. The first treatment was on August 19-21. As it turned out, he is enthusiastic that I am improving and wanted me back in October but there was no way that I could get another trip in. We have my next trip set for November 22-24.
So you all will know, I can now sit like this without O2 suppliment and maintain around 95-97%. I still have to have extra when I try to do anything that is physical. I am very encouraged and hope the next treatment will improve me even more. I really don't expect to be able to do heavy physical work again but if it is to be then I will have been even more blessed. I have had people from all over praying for me and am a prayer warrior and I give thanks to the Lord for what is happening to me. He must have something more for me to do. I was supposed to be dead a few years ago but here I am. If I die now I sure am going to have some mighty mad patients.(joking)
The treatment went well and was really relatively pain free. There are variations from what I have experienced but this is pretty close to what you can expect. If you have any other questions please let me know. I hope that this has helped.
Everett

Last edited:

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
Everett

You must have had a buzz in your ear because I as wondering how you were doing these days. I'm glad to hear you are doing better than you were before treatment. I bet the next treatment will help a bit more as well. It beats going the other way doesn't it? I should have been dead a few years ago too but I carry on. I was a guest speaker at a meeting last month and was invited to speak at a meeting tomorrow evening. Neither of them are stem cell or COPD related. The fact that I can do these things tells me something is working.

I can also sit without oxygen but I still can't dance for more than a minute or so. When I can dance through the entire "Super Freak" song I will consider myself cured. LOL

Connie

Everett,

I see where you said: "I can now sit like this without O2 suppliment and maintain around 95-97%."

Can you tell me what were your stats before the procedure. How many liters O2 were you on before and after etc.? Oh and how are you doing without your nightly bowl of Blue Bell? teehee!

Jeannine,

I want to dance with you to "Super Freak" Oh heck! I would be excited if I could just sway back and forth to "Goodnight Irene".

Everett

Dancing--------------

Here it is hunting season and all you girls want to do is dance!!!!!!!!!!
Connie, I had to keep my O2 at 4 to 5 and now I can get by with 2 to 3 unless I am out at the farm. Then I have to kick it up to 5 again. I couldn't even do anything at the farm before now.

On dancing---

The last time I took Linda dancing I strapped my hunting back pack on with an oxygen bottle with the hose over my shoulder and stuck in my mouth and we danced the waltz until Linda gave out. I never realized that that was the last time we would be out dancing. I do miss it and I know she does too but she never says a thing.

Take care all---

Everett

Pat

Good news

What good news for you! I also was wondering how your treatment went; it sounds like a success. I guess if we all keep at this we may out live our projected death years. Of course, we could all be killed in a car accident tomorrow. I too believe in the power of prayer and if it is stem cells that work or prayer it doesn't matter as long as we improve! God Bless. Pat

Everett

South Texas Air!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The pollen count on various things have been tough for the past couple of weeks and it has played havock with me and breathing. It's almost like a setback to six months ago. I know it is the mess in the air that is causing it but psychologically it plays on me. Every year they burn the cane fields in Mexico and there seems to always be a south wind that brings the smoke to Poteet just for me Thanks a bunch.We have had unusually high pollen on everything but if that is what it takes for us to have a green year I will take it. Keeps the animals fat without having to feed them everything they eat.
I keep forgetting my mask and even my oxygen. I went off to WalMart tonight without it and was glad to get home to that plastic hose. Needless to say I get my tail chewed on but I deserve it. I am happy to be able to go anywhere without the suppliment. There are good days and bad but the bad ones are getting fewer. I hope that you are right jeannine and the next treatment will give me even more improvement. What a blessing. Prayers are being answered. I'm sure everyone else has to endure the seasonal problems of pollution of one kind or another.
Pat, I think that it is both. HE is allowing the stem cells to activate and rebuild our lungs again. Maybe not like new but at least improved from where they were. I go to my pulmonologist tomorrow for a fev1 testing and I am excited that they will find improvement. Any at all will be a blessing. I think that I have convinced Dr. Syed that stem cell transplants is worthy of investigation. I know that if I show improvement in my volume then he will be getting on the boat with us. I will post the results when I get back tomorrow night.
God bless you all.
Everett

Everett

Campbell88--re prednisone

Hi. I have been taking prednisone for several years. My regular pulmonologist Dr. Nassir Syed from San Antonio, Texas has had me on it for three or four years. This past spring he upped my doseage to 10 mg once daily from 5mg. It is okay with Dr. F. They have me on so much meds it blows my mind. I don't care as long as I keep on plugging along. We got a little rain this morning so that should help clear out some of the pollutants from the air. God's blessings to all,
Everett

Connie

I am sooooo excited about your improvements and I can't wait to hear about the outcome of your FEV1 test.

Connie

I have been holding my breath :eek:(and I don't have much breath to hold) waiting to hear about your FEV1 scores. I hope you're doing well!

Everett

FEV-1 retest

Connie--
I am sorry that I haven't gotten back to you all. I got the results back on my retest and I have only improved 1%. I have been a bit down as a results but after thinking about it the key is IMPROVED and not worsened. I go back to see my pulmo Dr. Syed Thursday pm and I may have better news than what I got the day they tested me. I have a class that I go to this Friday and then Linda and I take to the road for Florida and follow up treatment Monday thru Wednesday. I am excited about it and just know that things will continue to get better. Keep me in your prayers. The Power is there.
God bless you all,
Everett

Connie

Fev-1-retest

Everett
Improved is one of my favorite words. I like "improved" even better than "no change" which is always good with this nasty disease. I look forward to even better news from your Dr. Syed Thursday. I'll keep you in my prayers for continued success in Florida next week. Drive safe, and take care of yourself and Linda.

Last edited:

Nancy Appleton

Dr Feinerman and your treatment

I am replying to an inquiry from Nancy Appleton.
Nancy, you asked if I would give you some information on what is involved.
I went to Sarasota Florida and was treated by Dr. F. In my case they drew seven vials of blood from which they collected the stem cells. The next day they transfused the stem cells back to me in an I V. They also gave me another substance I V that day. The next day they treated me again with another substance. Then I met with Dr. F. again and discussed what I could hopefully expect from the treatment. He gave me some medicines that he wanted me on and a prescription for some Glutathione and another med. He also wanted me to come back in three or four months for a follow up treatment. The first treatment was on August 19-21. As it turned out, he is enthusiastic that I am improving and wanted me back in October but there was no way that I could get another trip in. We have my next trip set for November 22-24.
So you all will know, I can now sit like this without O2 suppliment and maintain around 95-97%. I still have to have extra when I try to do anything that is physical. I am very encouraged and hope the next treatment will improve me even more. I really don't expect to be able to do heavy physical work again but if it is to be then I will have been even more blessed. I have had people from all over praying for me and am a prayer warrior and I give thanks to the Lord for what is happening to me. He must have something more for me to do. I was supposed to be dead a few years ago but here I am. If I die now I sure am going to have some mighty mad patients.(joking)
The treatment went well and was really relatively pain free. There are variations from what I have experienced but this is pretty close to what you can expect. If you have any other questions please let me know. I hope that this has helped.
Everett
Dear Everett,
Thanks so much for your info. I am very excited for you. How are you doing and have you gone back? Please keep me posted.
Thanks Nancy Appleton
I just figured out how to use this system, well maybe, so I just saw your
post. Could you email me the reply also so I will be sure I get it at
nancyappleton@mac.com
Thanks again

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Nancy - You should get an automatic notice when anyone posts on a thread you have also posted on.

Bev12452

Good Luck

Good Luck Everett have a safe trip I hope you have continued success with your treatment I have a date of Dec 7 but I have lost so much weight again I need to call Dr F and talk to him about it anyway I will wave as you go by Ocala

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Bev - I hope you can find a way to add some pounds. What about protein shakes?

Everett - Have a safe and fruitful trip.

Bev12452

weight

I have been using the colostrum 1/4 twice daily should I increase it if I drink a shake I get full and then I won't eat a meal I was up to 110 before my last treatment I don't know if it has anything to do with it has anyone else lost weight after treatment and now I have the shakes oh well tommorow is another day hope all are well

Nancy Appleton

Stem cell treatment

Dear Bev,
I am not sure what I am doing with this tread idea but I am hoping you
will tell me if you went to Feinerman for your stem cell treatment and how you did.
Thanks
Nancy Appleton

Bev12452

treatment

Nancy I also went to Dr F I went out to San Diego the first time back in 2007 and had Umbilical stem cell treatment I didn't get worse but I didn't get better I went to Dr F in Aug and I still haven't gotten off the o2 maybe I am hoping for to much I can't get off the line unlike Everett my numbers drop like a lead sinker they bounce back but not the results I had hoped for but I am eligible for a transplant so my lungs are really bad I guess I should be thankful that I am stable each person reacts differently and you may get great results I wish you the best and if there was something else you need to know please feel free to write I will answer to the best of my ability Good Luck
Bev

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
Bev

I haven't lost any weight. I am about the same if not a few pounds heavier. I used to take 1 teaspoon of colostrum every day but stopped because I felt it was causing a weight gain. Sounds like your lungs are hyperinflated which is why you get full so quick. Have you looked into LVRS?