more questions

Bev12452

Unlike the previous groups I did not receive anything from the Dr concerning diet or supplements in fact I still don't know what was in my cocktail my bff Ana was supposed to send me the paperwork but as of now I have nothing she said something about keeping a journal but did did not say anymore about it in fact I didn't even have a consult with Dr R before hand has anyone else from the group received anything from the company I am still waiting on the camera maybe I am just having a down day I wish that we would have had the pleasure of dealing with Dr f at least he seems to follow up and you are able to contact him I did try calling him and emailing him but received no response anyway John and Howard where are you I need to laugh Bev

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Cheer up Bev

Bev - You are not alone. Jeannine never received anything either. I believe I sent you a supplement list not too long ago and Dr. Feinerman has reviewed it recently and said it was fine. The diet is in our book you purchased. I believe Dr. F is at a stem cell conference. Bev - please just ask and we will help you. The office at SCB seems to be in a bog quite often and we have been there and have the information you need. I didn't receive anything either until many weeks after my treatment when Dr. F sent me something. This many be upsetting I realize as it was to us, but we are here now to help you so don't get down. You should already be taking your supplements. If you did not order them and want some help, just let me know. The Puritan's Pride icon on our forum takes you right to their site and the list I supplied you is based on the sizes they sell. I have never been so mathematically inclined as to make sure all the sizes come out correctly to last you for a certain amount of time. I just usually go with whatever is the best buy and the most affordable for me at the time.

Bev12452

pay

SCB should be paying you for all the info you provide to keep us all calm I really thought Ana would come through but thats what I get for thinking I will Call Ed on Monday and have him call and talk to the dr yes I did get your list and I have started taking them there is quite a few to take every day but if it makes me well it is worth it I hope you enjoyed the beer Now I am craving choclate I will be good I can't thank you enough for always being there I thought I would be better aftert treatment but now I just want to know what I got I don't know if the rest of the group asked or not I know Rose asked how did ross get in touch with Dr f all these questions hopefully I will stop soon when do I get my banner Bev

rosech44

Bev--my Protocol Is Here

Hi Bev---i Got My Protocol In The Mail Today, Yours Should Be There Anyday Now----

How Are You Doing?????

Rose

Bev12452

protocol

yes Rose I got the letter from the company but it doesn't tell me what kind of cells I got I will email Barbara and ask her if she will contact Dr f and maybe he will explain it to me does yours say what they treated you for maybe I am just having one of those down days yesterday I stayed off the o2 for around 3 hours than checked my numbers they were in the 80s so I put the nose hose back on today I am freezing so I don't know if i am catching something or it is just the change in weather hopefully it will pass soon I hope you and Norm are doing well it was so nice to finally meet you hope you are doing well and I am going to try that cake recipe sounds to good to be true Bev in Fl

rosech44

Protocol

Morning Bev----

Mine Says What I Got, But I Can't Understand It----however, Dr. R Told Me They Were Giving Me Mostly For Copd, Plus Some For Cardiac, Osteoarthritis, And The Bladder.

As Far As My Lungs, No Real Change Yet, But My Hands Do Not Hurt From Arthritis Anymore!!!!!! That I Am Excited About!!!!
I'm No Dr. But, I Would Caution You Trying To Go Without 02 So Soon---when Your 02 Stats Drop Too Low, It Can Cause Damage To Other Organs. Be Careful--- Be Patient---it Will Come--

Hugs--Rose

Bev12452

thanks Rose

my letter is written in Dr language too I see they gave me so many cells but what they are for is not listed I never had a consult with any Dr so I thought at least the letter would explain if they were treating anything else oh well I have always gone around without my o2 just never realized how low my stats were never had the oximeter before I may try calling Ed tomorrow and see if he knows Dr language or maybe Barbara can help I am glad you have some improvement for awhile I though maybe they had given me your bladder cells I held it for 12 hours but as soon as I got home don't get in my way lol well enjoy the rest of your day you are up early or I am hanging around alot later than normal talk again soon Bev

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Impatient Syndrome

Bev - Don't let your sats go below 90. If you have been using O2 24/7 before your transplant, you must continue to use it now. It is way too early for you to be able to go without it and Rose is right about prolonged periods without proper saturation causing damage to other organs. I got an enlarged heart because of it prior to being put on O2. You need to just be patient. Maybe, you could find some recipes that include the items on the stem cell diet that SCB recommends. Jeannine is putting together a recipe book and is looking for recipes that contain at least 3-4 items from the diet and none of the AVOID category.Please e-mail them to her any of you that have some that you want to share. Keep yourself busy. Do your lung exercises and don't miss a day of them! Also, do whatever other exercises you can do without desaturating below the 90 mark. I always crank up the O2 to exercise. You were undoubtedly given the "cocktail" for COPD patients. Rose may have had a slightly different mix because of her other problems. I could not tell you exactly what you had, but this is not really something to worry about. What you need to be doing now is concentrating on getting better, eating right, taking the supplements, and having a positive attitude (yes this contributes to getting well). Listen to CD's that help you relieve yourself of stress and worry. I had so many emotions, including being very blue, and I just had to try to focus on my end goal of getting well. It is a roller coaster ride. Review our book because you just got on the ride and need to know what to expect. That's one reason we wrote it. We were very miserable for quite a while and had no one to be our mentors except for Ed who said he also had experienced the roller coaster ride. When you try to go without O2 and desaturate like you did, your heart is having to work harder and your body is going to feel the results of this stress. It is not a good way to treat your new army of cells, so please make it up to them and relax today. Practice relearning to breathe (most people with COPD breathe very poorly and make shallow breaths), meditate, exercise, etc. to get your mind off of being so impatient. Now you know why we had to come up with the term Impatient Syndrome. It is the very worse side effect of stem cell treatment.

Bev12452

again to my rescue

Barbara again you rise to my rescue I have been eating everything I am supposed to in fact Jimmy has me eating so much fruit and fresh veggies I am afraid I am going to overload the septic tank I guess I am having one of those blue days you talked about but it isn't normally my nature so it is taking awhile to get use to the group will tell you I am usually up and loud but this too shall pass I am going to try Rose cake not today thank you so much for everything again I hope that I will be able to help someone as much as you have helped me Bev

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Bev - If you would care to share the letter you received that is written in doctor language, I know we have several members that can explain it to you. The oximeter will now drive you nuts. Sometimes ignorance is bliss, but in the case of a lack of O2, it's just not a good thing. I get obsessed with it at times, but it is certainly a help when exercising or keeping a daily journal of your progress. I do a reading when I wake up and then I always like to test if I climb the stairs, etc. It gives me a thrill now to not desaturate while doing these things and lets me know I am making progress. I also can detect if I am having a bad day for some reason because on those days I can't get my sats up to the high 90's no matter what I do. Sometimes, I almost feel like a cold is coming on and that's when my sat readings are lower. I am reducing my mucous by drinking Bragg's unfiltered apple cider vinegar 2-3 times a day. I do this first thing in the morning and then try to squeeze in one before lunch and dinner. At the minimum, I always get two of these great clock cleaning drinks in per day. The recipe is simple - 1 glass of pure water, 2 tsps. Bragg's apple cider vinegar (this is on the diet), 2 tsps raw honey. The Bragg book says to drink it 1 hour prior to meals, but sometimes I can only do it 30 minutes prior and it is still helping me out. I reduced my NAC to one per day and am using the apple cider vinegar and showing great results with less phlegm. Several other Pioneers also drink this and have had good results. It will be in the new recipe book Jeannine is working on. You can also add fruit juice to it if you like.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Stem Cell Cocktail

I'm sorry Pat I should have filled you and others in about that. This is the actual stem cell infusion that people get and some call it a cocktail. I guess everything develops its own lingo and this is one of those cases.

Bev12452

not normal

I don't have the normal symptoms of the disease except the sob I have always slept on my back and have no cough or phlegm and I was only using the o2 when I felt sob but if I took a xanex I was fine so I never knew how low my numbers were my sob is triggered by stress otherwise I feel good now for the letter they gave me mononuclear 100 million dendritic 1 million endothelial 1 million cd34+ progenitor 1 million cd133+ progenitor 1 million does anyone know what they mean just wondering if they included anything for the thyroid well if someone can help I appreciate otherwise I wish you all a great Sunday evening Bev

hlichten

Super Moderator
Google (or Yahoo) are your friends!
Just do simple searches like "dendritic stem cell" and you will get stuff like:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dendritic_cell
which give you all you need to know.
also:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endothelial_stem_cells
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CD34

I didn't put in links to all of the types, but you get the idea.

Wikipedia alone has tons of stuff on stem cell types.
Just start by looking at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stem_cell
which is a great primer on stem cell types.

That page has tons of links to various stem cell definitions like "progenitor", "endothelial", etc. Really a wealth of information.

I find that I learn more doing simple searches like this than if people tell me the answers. Also, there is nothing really simple and basic about any stem cell science.

Of course, the more you learn the more dangerous you become! :D

Hope this helps!

Harv

I don't have the normal symptoms of the disease except the sob I have always slept on my back and have no cough or phlegm and I was only using the o2 when I felt sob but if I took a xanex I was fine so I never knew how low my numbers were my sob is triggered by stress otherwise I feel good now for the letter they gave me mononuclear 100 million dendritic 1 million endothelial 1 million cd34+ progenitor 1 million cd133+ progenitor 1 million does anyone know what they mean just wondering if they included anything for the thyroid well if someone can help I appreciate otherwise I wish you all a great Sunday evening Bev

Last edited:

rosech44

Protocol

Bev,

What they gave you is the exact same thing they gave me, in the same numbers-- So, you got 100 million for copd---1 million each of the rest, they told me I was getting some for cardiac, osteoarthritis, and bladder--not sure what the last 1 million went to----

Also, my blood pressure was 140/90

as for the Stem Cell Cocktail--in the book it shows 4 vials for Barbara, I was given 1 vial and the saline solution--I think things have changed a bit since the beginning. Makes sense, learn and change as they go from patient to patient.

night all---Rose

Connie Golden

Number Five Reporting In

Dear Bev, Rose, et al,

When I got my cells, I asked Dr. R what kind of a cocktail of cells I was getting. He assured me it wasn't like that. I was getting cells to address my COPD only. This surprised me because of what others have said but I didn't question him further.

I did not receive any post cell instructions either so Juliet called their office on Friday (19/5) and she was told I had received this in a previous mailing. Juliet also noticed that some of our group got small leather notebooks. We didn't
so when we got home and I again went through all my literature from them, we called again re post cell instructions as well as the little brown book. Two days later I received both the instructions and notebook by Fed Ex.

I also have other health issues which were covered in the medical records I submitted to Dr. F.

I feel good. I'm itching a lot. No other changes noted so far other than how fortunate I am to have these stem cells.

All best, Connie

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Harv's great idea

Harv - I love your 2 for 1 idea. This may just be what the doctor ordered! Also, the company where I went has changed stem cell providers and this may be why our "cocktail" was in separate vials vs. what you that went recently had. I really have no idea and at this point, I don't even worry about it.

rosech44

leather books?????

I didn't get a little leather book--I assume this is for the journal they asked me to keep---

Look out Ana, Here I come!!! lol

Rose