"what if" question to stem cell provider

Regine

Yesterday Ward asked the provider in San Diego what would happen to his money if for some reason he was hospitalized and wasn't able to make the appt. Would they reschedule or what? They didn't seem to know the answer to that. You would think that this would have happened to someone since different people are dealing with diseases that are so unpredictable. Does anyone have a clue about this? We haven't signed the contract yet since this was a concern. Thanx

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
Someone asked that question a few months ago and were told they would reschedule their appointment.

However, I would call SCB and tell them about your concern. TO my knoweldge no one has had to cancel yet.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Ed should know

Why don't you contact Ed on this forum or phone him at (908)454-1422? He is like a goodwill ambassador for the company where you are going. Some good advice, if you don't receive answers from office staff, ask for the owner or at least that person's boss. This company is no different from any others that we all get frustrated with. You have to be persistent and when you do get an answer from someone write down their name and the date you spoke to them and if you get poor service write that down and pass it on to the owner. On the other hand, great service should be passed on to people you know so that if they ever need the services or products of a company they will have been given a good referral.

Regine

I got a t/c from stem cell company today responding to the question. Was told that it's not possible to reschedule. You have to be there because "the stem cells belong to the person who is scheduled." That person can give away or sell the stem cells to someone else for that date who needs the same kind of cells but it's reasonable to conclude that if someone is not able to make their appt. they lose their money. This makes me think that holding off payment until the very last possible day makes some sense. Any other thoughts on this

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
No money back guarantees

I thought the stem cells could remain frozen, but don't hold me to that. Yes, the stem cells are programmed for the individual I was told, but it seems to me that they could be held in storage. However, it is not my company and if their policy is one that says no refunds, then that's it. I never recommend that anyone send money to any clinic anywhere until the final date that it is due. Perhaps the question that should have been asked would have been, "What if something occurs that makes us need to postpone our trip. Is it possible to store the stem cells until a later date?" They may have been saying no to a refund, but could possibly be agreeable to a postponement if someone were too ill to travel and didn't find out until a few days prior to the treatment date.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Editing

I think you can hit the edit button at the bottom of the post and change the spelling or add info or whatever you want to do. I have to do it frequently. I get going and am typing on the wrong row even!

Bev12452

No refund

I called Ana about this subject I told her my father was 82 and if something happened could I reschedule and she said NO the cells were already paid for and if I don't get there they will not be used and I would have to start over now she may say something else to someone else but that was what she told me so I will be there I can't afford to loose that money Bev in Fl