What color are your eyes?

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
I'm conducting a survey to find out the eye color and ancestry of people diagnosed with Emphysema, Alpha1, Asthma, or Chronic Bronchitis:

I suspect that many of us have fallen victim to our genes.

I spoke with a researcher at University of South Carolina last year because they were giving free Alpha1 testing as part of a research project. The researcher told me that the largest group of people with Alpha1 in the US are in Minnesota and Wisconsin which we all know is heavily Scandinavian. I have located DNA testing on my family names and most originated in Scotland, Ireland, Norway and Denmark.

If anyone is interested in sharing these statistics, it would be appreciated.
If you aren't sure where your ancestors orignated, you might want to check out http://www.ysearch.org and type in your family names and see where they might have orignated hundreds of years ago.

stemcellpioneers

Administrator
Staff member
you can post a poll. This way you won't have to keep track of a count.
Blue
Green
Red
Purple
Brown
Pink
Is that what you are looking for?
Or are you looking for
Blue/alpha1
Blue/Emphysema
Blue/Chronic Bronchitis
Blue/Asthma
Red/Alpha1
etc
Let me know and I can teach you how to set up your poll.

linda/mi

Pioneer Member
Eye color

My eyes are brown. I'm an Alpha. I think my grandmothers was blue. Also may have been an alpha. I'd also like to know more about this family tree DNA. My daughters many great grandfather was Alexander Hamilton. Her grandmother has pictures of him. I think there is also pictures of his Mother. We are going to have copies made.

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
Hi Dave

I'm glad you're on our forum. Dave is a forum Efforts member who left Efforts in frustration last year. I'v known Dave for quite some time now. We met on Efforts and realized we live less than 5 miles from each other.

Welcome!!

lraynak

Pioneer Founding member
Glad you joined the forum. Maybe we'll be a bit more open to getting to a better outcome with this disease. Yea for stem cells with little "efforts"

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Welcome Dave

Welcome Dave, I am glad you decided to join this great forum that is not intended to frustrate you or censor your opinions. I hope you will let others know about it, so we can get some good information out to everyone about stem cell therapy. I continue to improve daily after having therapy on April 5. I see you posted late last night. I'm a night owl too, although if you live near Jeannine, maybe the time reflects Denver time on the post. I don't know and I am not going to use any of the little gray cells up worrying about it.

John

Pioneer Founding member
John, German, Swiss, Hazel eyes.....did you want to know about my rippling biceps?
John

Jancy

Jeannine

My eyes are blue and almost all of extended familys eyes were blue. Grandparents on mothers side migrated from Hungary and Czech Republic. On fathers side from Wales and Ireland. They say variety is the spice of life. They say I was spicy alright. Hummm, wonder how they meant that. LOL.

Pat S

Pioneer Founding member
Hate to detract the emphasis from biceps -- especially yours, John! -- but, my eyes are brown. I have E, my dad also had E -- I'm non-Alpha and suspect Dad was also as he was in his late 60's when diagnosed with mild E. Dad hales from Scotland, Ireland, England. Mom doesn't have COPD although in the past she used to catch colds that turned nasty on her. Seems to have improved, though. Finally built up her resistance!!

I got carried away with geneology, etc., and totally forgot about eye color. My dad's eyes were hazel/green and Mom's are brown.

Last edited:

kathy

Pioneer Member
LOL John always brings on a smile;) or two...

My eyes are Blue, Sisters was Green, Brothers is Green and Grandfather (mothers dad) with emphysema not sure of his eye color. Mother had terrible bouts of Broncitus (she didn't smoke) quit often and she she had Green eyes. Perhaps we got our weak lungs on mama's side???? Anyways our origin was of Grerman on both mother and father side, Irish on Daddy's side and Native American on mama's.

nelo100

Pioneer Member
I have green eyes, and am second generation American, beyond that all Scots on both mother and father family. Nelson

Nancy

What's your eye color?

I've been diagnosed with severe emphysema. My eye color is either grey-green or green -grey depending on the light.My mother was born and raised in Edinburgh, Scotland and my dads' family were of English desent with some Scots and Anglo-Irish sprinkled in.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Welcome Nancy and other new members

I think Jeannine is recruiting up in New Hampshire. I believe you are the third member from there. Wait until the Texas members notice. They always want to outdo the rest of us. I guess this is a challenge I am proposing to them. Seriously, it doesn't matter where you're from, we are glad to have everyone share their information, questions and answers.