Welcome new MS members

gator871

thanks Barbara
I am so excited, it is only 9 days away! I am hopeful but also realize I will still be a MS patient after the stem cells. Perhaps just a faster moving one!
I will post an update, perhaps start a new thread and use it to document my progress?
Rich

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I wish you all the best. I agree with you about starting a new thread. This one needs to be put to rest. How long will you be gone? I look forward to hearing all about your treatment. Keep all your thoughts positive.

gator871

New thread?

Barbara
Here is a thought. Perhaps you can start a area (rather than a new thread)on your site exclusively for blog entries of folks who have had stem cell treatment so they can chronicle their progress there. (or do you have that?) As it is now, people all do their own blogs about their treatment results and experience. The problem with that is for those of us who want to follow these folks, we have to search all over the net and see who had stem cells done and how they doing. Sometimes this means going to 20-30 blogs. I am going to blog only on your site because it is set up already and then I know others will see my posts. If all the people who had stem cells done would use one blog it would be great and easy to follow. And having you to moderate is a benefit also, with your knowledge!
What do you think?
Rich
7 more days till Mexico and my new stem cells! Stayin positive!

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Barbara
Here is a thought. Perhaps you can start a area (rather than a new thread)on your site exclusively for blog entries of folks who have had stem cell treatment so they can chronicle their progress there. (or do you have that?) As it is now, people all do their own blogs about their treatment results and experience. The problem with that is for those of us who want to follow these folks, we have to search all over the net and see who had stem cells done and how they doing. Sometimes this means going to 20-30 blogs. I am going to blog only on your site because it is set up already and then I know others will see my posts. If all the people who had stem cells done would use one blog it would be great and easy to follow. And having you to moderate is a benefit also, with your knowledge!
What do you think?
Rich
7 more days till Mexico and my new stem cells! Stayin positive!

I think it's a great idea, however, many people do not understand that it is difficult to find all of these blogs online. They get home from treatment and are bursting to tell the world and so they start a blog. Many of us will never even know about it just as you mention or will tire of visiting so many sites.

Now for the bad news. I am not allowed to even go near the technical side of this forum. I don't know that that is wholly deserved, but that's the way it is. I will make sure Jeannine sees this and will also ask Darin (my son who gave us the forum) if there is something along these lines that could be done.

I wish you a wonderful trip and look forward to hearing from you when you get back.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Your wish is our command

Good news Gator871 and everyone else that likes to blog. We were able to purchase a software package that allows individuals to set up their own blogs using this forum. It has been installed and once Jeannine has had time to digest how it all works, it is good to go for you and anyone else that would like to use it. Details to follow very soon I hope.

Yours was a great idea and I hope that many will take advantage of it because it is difficult to find all the individuals blogging out there that have had treatment.