Test to see if I'm posting properly!

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Well - Mary Jo, what are you waiting for? I hear you are pretty pumped up and so you may be out jogging instead of trying to post. I know Nelson is always playing at least 5 hours of tennis daily to keep from being too hyperactive and driving Anastasia nuts. This started soon after his treatment too. Anastasia says he hasn't seen a tennis court for years (was Nelson pulling our legs?hmmmmmmm), but they really did just buy a two story house which anyone suffering from COPD knows would be the last thing a person would want to do unless they were actually regaining, not losing their health. Congrats to all of you!

Also Mary Jo - did you notice at the bottom of your name on your posts, your treatment date has been added by Darin? You have earned your first stripes! Anyone else that wants us to update their member profile with this info should contact Darin. Thank you.

Last edited:

Bev12452

stripes

I am so pumped about treatment I can't wait till I have the banner under my name I have a short question what happens if there is an unforeseen family emergency which may mess up the trip for treatment does anyone know the only reason I ask is my dad lives with us and is 82 hopefully he will be here to see my vast improvement but just wondering thanks Bev in FL

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Emergencies

Bev - The company where you are committed to having the treatment will work with you if anything should arise where you cannot get there. This question has been asked before and it is not anything you should be concerned about except for notifying them as soon as possible and rescheduling. As the time gets closer, you will want to decide if you want to take an antibiotic which is recommended by the doctor at that company. He can get the prescription for you, if your own doctors cannot or will not. It is to protect lung patients from any "bugs" they may encounter on the trip or even at the hospital. Since, you have read our book, you know that this is a good idea. The doctor can call your pharmacy directly if you contact him with the information and your vitals (birthdate, address, phone number). He usually wants patients to begin the antibiotic two days prior to treatment and take it for 8 days after. Also, the supplements he will advise you to take for your post stem cell protocol are available at the best prices on Puritan's Pride. Our forum will have a direct link to this company so that all you have to do is click on the sponsor banner and you are directly linked up and can order right there. This will benefit our forum and hopefully benefit our members because of the convenience. I couldn't believe the savings that I got when I ordered from them vs. my local vitamin store. It was amazing. Keep staying excited Bev. Attitude plays a big role in making your treatment work even better. Make sure you have a PowerLung also. The doctor advises it and we all do too. Great device. You can check out the PowerLung thread if you don't have one and read about it there. I am as excited as you to see your treatment date put on your forum postings. We shall all celebrate!

Bev12452

another question

OK Barbara now I have another question I clicked on the puritan pride web site and was prepared to order the vitamins you suggested in the book is there a way you could kind of give a hint of the names of the products you ordered or are they all separate products I really want to start the vitamins now to try and build up my immune system and get my tired ole body ready did you have to send your medical records I know that is two questions and I guess my allotment for the day hoping you are still improving Bev in FL

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Supplements

Bev - The supplement list is in the book we wrote. Jeannine also recommends the Amino 1500 product from Puritan's Pride. I use it and like it. I think since you are pre stem cell therapy, you should just concentrate on adding a good multi-vitamin, 500 mg NAC, curcumin, calcium, vitamin C (unless there is enough in the multi vitamin), the combo Alpha-lipoic/acetyl-l-carnitine (2 capsules a day) and the COQ10. The other supplements and the increased mgs of alpha lipoic should wait in my opinion as they are used to enhance the engraftment process of the new stem cells you will receive. I think it would be fine to do the green tea also at this point. Lots of the amino acids will be included in the Amino 1500 product so you get many of them that are on the list all in one supplement. Anyone else care to comment? The PowerLung is something you should be getting used to now also. If you do not have one or are confused what model to get, I would suggest private messaging Mike Jarvis (the inventor) who is now a forum member and asking him what he recommends for you. I bought the one for athletes who want to condition themselves and didn't realize it. I was never able to blow in or out with it and it sat in my closet until after my stem cell therapy. Now I am using it, just like a pro! They have a model for people with impaired lung function and that is what I should have bought years ago but didn't know any better. Don't be overwhelmed by the vitamins and supplements. You get into a routine and it becomes easy. If you are not a fish eater, add a Fish oil capsule in the evening. Per Jan, take all of these with a meal. A meal, not a piece of toast or an apple, but a meal. They made me nauseous until I followed her advice.

Bev12452

again thnaks

Barbara again I want to thank you I was reading the book and it was overwhelming but I will spend more time on the web and get what I need and I will email about the power lung thanks Bev

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Supplements

Bev - If you get stumped by the supplement list, I will be glad to tell you exactly what I am taking and in what dosages. It can be confusing. I got one list from the company and another from the doctor. Which list should I use? I finally decided to go with what Larry wrote that is in our book which is a culmination of his figuring out the doctor's instructions. When you get the Amino 1500 you will be able to cross off a lot of the individual supplements that are on the list because they are all contained in the Amino 1500 capsule. Please feel free anyone who is reading this to shop prices. I have never found any prices that can beat Puritan's Pride and that is why we asked them for a link from our forum. I just wanted to make it a little easier for you right now Bev to start out slowly because you just don't need the high dosages we take until you get that new army of cells working inside you. I hope your cat's are pleased with your decision. If they are like my cats, they rule the house. I have never figured out how that works, but somehow it happened at my house for sure. You are such a sweet lady. I enjoy your posts. Barb