Stem cell treatment for copd

Patricia B3749

Hello Everyone.
Just wanted to post an update about my autologous stem cell treatment for COPD. I traveled to Florida on May 5th, then on May 7th met with Dr F, he explained every detail of what he would be doing. Next step was for me to receive an infusion of my own stem cells by intravenous, it took about one and one half hour. The next day I went back to Dr F and received a nebulizer treatment of glutathione and retinoic acid, and that was all there was to it. The first couple of days my breathing was a bit more labored than normal but I have to say that since I came back home I have noticed an increase in my energy level. I have not stopped using oxygen, but I find myself taking the cannula out of my nose and holding it in my hand, I am able to complete small tasks without taking a break, which is something I was unable to do before. I must tell you that I have end stage COPD in both lungs, top and bottom, very severe so these small changes mean a lot to me however long they last. It will be a few months before we know the full benifits of treatment , I am planning another treatmment in six to nine months from now. I have a small income and I know that many of you do also, so for me Dr F is a wonderful caring doctor, whose treatments are affordable. I will keep posting progress and for all of you out there stay positive.

Patricia B3749
stem cell treatment
May,5th 2010,

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Patricia - Thank you for posting. Dr. Feinerman is a very caring doctor. Does he want you to continue to use glutathione? I do not see how one treatment is going to be that beneficial for you. I nebulized it twice a day for several months. I now nebulize it once a day as it has really helped with my mucus and inflammation. He will gladly fax a prescription for you to Apothecure if you ask him. If you have questions on preparing it for nebulization, let me know and I will go over it with you. If you do not own a nebulizer, you can ask your oxygen company to supply one if they will or you can purchase one quite reasonably on the internet. I paid a little over $50 for mine.
You have a positive attitude which can also play a big part in your treatment. Negativity does no one any good and can cause stress which is deadly for COPD patients. Keep updating us please.

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
Patricia

Thanks for the update. I went to Dr F on March 19th and my treatment was identical to yours. I have noticed improvements but for the first month I was getting over a nasty cold that started the day BEFORE treatment so I was unable to notice many changes for the first 6 weeks. Two weeks ago, I went out with my husband for brunch and shopping and was able to walk around for two hours without being short of breath (yes I was still using my oxygen). That was the start of seeing improvements. This past week, I had two days where I was able to walk up and down the aisles in Walgreens, get back in the car and go over to the pet store and walk around there for another 30 minutes without any shortness of breath. It was like a miracle for me. I hadn't felt that good for well over a year if not longer. Unfortunately, the rest of the week I've been back to not feeling as great, but I did go to brunch today and then shopping without any trouble. I am having more and more days of feeling stronger, breathing better and my O2 Saturation is a few points higher than it has been. Showering isn't a big ordeal anymore.

I also have ulcerative colitis and have not needed to take my pills for over a month now. This is the first time since last February that I am pain free and not needing meds.

I will keep everyone updated of any changes/improvements. I have not had a PFT since treatment (plan to in Sept) but my peak flow meter reading has gone from from 150 to 190 in the past two weeks.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
You might want to add vinpocetine to your daily regimen as well Patricia. I take 20 mg total per day, 10mg in the morning with food and 10mg in the evening with food. This is a very inexpensive supplement. Studies have shown that it can help COPD patients. Here is the site for Puritan's Pride. Type in Vinpocetine in the search box and it brings it right up.

http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/stat?id=OFFYRlpzi5U&offerid=116038.10001009&type=3

Patricia B3749

Re stem cell

Barbara,
I did talk to Dr Feinerman about the glutathione, I am waiting for the Apothecure people to contact me. I do have a nebulizer but I probably will need a couple of lessons, I will be in touch. I will also check into the other things that you recommended and thank you for your response.

Patricia B3749

Patricia B3749

re stem cell

Jeannine
Thank you for your imput, I think we all need to encourage each other. I was so happy to hear that you are doing better, I know that you have not been feeling well for a long time, once those infections start it is very difficult to get rid of them. I am also happy to know that your stem cell treatment is showing some positive results for you. you are ahead of me in doing things as far as shopping, it used to be one of my favorite things to do, it has been so long since I did that, but after reading your post I got excited and I am looking forward to doing the same in the coming weeks. One other thing I would like to mention is I too no longer dread the shower. I only wish that more of our members were able to have the stem cell treatment. I prayed for a miracle and my Son paid for me to have it done that might not seem like a miracle to some but for me it is, for the last three years my Son has been back and forth to Iraq and Afghanistan. He knew nothing about stem cells. It was only mentioned once it was not on the top of the list whenever we got the chance to talk. I know I am very fortunate. I pray for good things to happen to all the members on the forum. We must encourage other members and give them hope.

Patricia B3749

Last edited:

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Patricia - One of the main reasons Jeannine and I started this forum was to give people hope. I am very happy that you have posted because member participation is vital. One thing I wanted to mention is that when Jeannine and I decided to try glutathione, I got mine a good two weeks ahead of her. It turned out they had somehow lost the fax that Dr. Feinerman had sent them for her prescription and so he had to resend. I would do a follow up call to them and see what the status is.

1-800-969-6601.

I should add that it sounds like you have a wonderful son!

Everett

Good evening ladies. That is good news you have posted Jeannine. I had been wondering how you were faring after your treatment. It is good news. I have had a revelation----That COPD sufferers have one thing in common. When we feel better we tend to try to do too much because it feels great. Now understand that I don't do that. I just came in from outside building on a deer blind that has been sitting for months. Saturday I got my tractor started and shredded weeds at the farm all afternoon,etc---but that's different. I just feel good for now--
Patricia, you and your cohorts are an encouragement to me. My plans are to go to Florida this June or July to Dr. Feinerman's for treatment. I hope that a business operation will go through by mid June I am working on and if it does then I'm out of here. It is exciting to me for the possibilities. I will say one other thing--For you to have a loving and giving son as you do speaks volumes about you. To have someone like him is a blessing. You can tell him I said so. God bless him and you and my other two friends here

Patricia B3749

re stem cell

EVERETT,
Thank you so much for your kind words, I want you to know that I will pray that your business operation goes through for you, so you too can have a treatment. I can't say enough about Dr Feinerman, I know if you meet him you will get along fine with him. As you say a small improvement with us COPD people is big. I don't think I could spend all afternoon shredding weeds yet, but if you can do that now you may be able to build a new barn after treatment and that would be wonderful. My hope for you Everett is that in the future you will feel positive changes like Barbara, Jeannine and myself. you sound like you are a very grounded person and that my friend is half the battle. May God give you many Blessings. I do have a wonderful Son but then again I am partial. I thank GOD everyday for him.

PATRICIA B 3749

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
Everett

You are right about overdoing it. The first day I felt so great I keep walking and walking and I was sore for three days. LOL I can tell you never overdo it because building a deer blind and weeding on the same day is a cakewalk for people with COPD LOL

You are quite the character and I am so glad you found our forum. Your postings always put a smile on my face.

I wish I had a million dollars so I could help others receive stem cell treatment. I hope your business plan comes through for you.

Everett

Overdoin

Thank you ladies. I'm glad I found the forum too. It and you have been blessings to me.l know that improvement is there. I just have to get there to it and I shall with time. I just have to be patient (which is not one of my strong suits).