Report from Regine re Ward

Regine

Thought I'd do a short update. We're still house sitting so Ward hasn't had to do much but sleep and hang out. Going home tomorrow so then back to having to do stuff and then we will have a better idea of how he is feeling. He'll start back to exercise and will have to do his regular chores. One thing though - my son's house has about 20 steep stairs and Ward went up without stopping like he usually has to do but it could be all that resting. Also, he's been reading a lot which he stopped doing about two months ago I think because he was having trouble concentrating. He had also stopped doing the word puzzles he normally does. And instead of his usual mysteries, he's been reading short stories by Joyce Carol Oates which I think would have been a challenge for him previously. Talk about grasping at straws. Basically we're just glad that there hasn't been any negative side effects. Ward says hi to Bev and Rose and other stem cell pals. We're wondering how Ross is doing?

Bev12452

Hello from Florida

Regineand Ward so good to hear from you we made it home in record time and Regine you will be happy to hear I have gotten out of my jockies everyday this week maybe you made me feel guilty or I am feeling better don't know but I am doing OK Jimmy is killing me with all the fresh fruit and vegetables between all the good food vitamins and gallons of water everyday I don't leave the house but there is enough to keep me busy around here I hope Ward continues to improve and anytime he wants to hang out in sweats he is welcome to hang out here Bev

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Regine and Bev

The little things you are reporting are not just because Ward is resting. It is the first sign that he may actually be feeling better. Some of the changes are so subtle that it takes a caretaker or a friend to notice them. This is how it works. The Big Bang action is not going to take place. You will not wake up one morning and find you can suddenly run around the block. It is slow, usually progressive improvements that take place over a period of up to a year approximately. You may even slide backwards a few times and get totally aggravated and down because there is no explanation that you can think of for it. This is our experience and the experience of others we have spoken to. Climbing up the stairs like that is a very good sign. Read the meaning of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and you will see why we had to have this description for our book. There is nothing else that describes it.

rosech44

Ward and Beverly

Glad to hear Ward is feeling better, you to Beverly---I talked to Ross today, he is feeling a bit better, had a rough time with SOB at first, Dr. F called him and suggested a few things--- sounded pretty chipper---

Good Breathing to Everyone

Rose
treatment oct 4, 07

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Better days lie ahead and that's no lie

One thing for COPD patients is to try mucous expelling exercises if you have too much mucous. I would like to know what else Dr. F may have advised for Ross as it could be helpful to others. I am glad he is feeling a bit better.