Recipe's

rosech44

DO WE HAVE A THREAD JUST FOR RECIPE'S?????? THIS ONE IS FOR TACO SOUP / CHILLI--IT CALLS FOR CHEESE AND SOUR CREAM, BUT TASTES GREAT WITHOUT IT, I USED TURKEY BURGER.
SORRY BARB---:DNO TOFU---LOL

Taco Soup/Chili Recipe ...

1 large can V-8 juice
2 pkg Taco seasoning
1-2 lb. ground beef, chicken, or Turkey
4 different cans of rinsed and drained beans (kidney, pinto, black beans and garbonzo)
1 can corn (I use whole kernel, but you can use creamed)
1 onion (optional)
1-2 Green Peppers (optional)
Diced Green Chilies (optional)
Diced tomatoes (Mexican style - optional)
Salsa (optional)
Monterey Jack Cheese (optional)
Tortilla chips, grated cheddar cheese, sour cream.

Brown the beef or chicken in a skillet, drain fat. Saute onion (and green pepper) with the ground meat. Mix the V-8, taco seasoning, beans, green chilies, corn, tomatoes and browned meat in a large pot. Heat and simmer till hot thorough. In a serving bowl put some chips in the bottom, add some cheese and then the hot soup. Top with sour cream.

It's even better the second day! Great for a crowd, skiing ... or camping!
I MADE THIS USING TURKEY BURGER, AND I KEPT IT MILD. SPICEY HOT HURTS MY MOUTH?I OMMITTED THE CHEESE AND SOUR CREAM, STILL VERY GOOD

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Modifications are easy with Rose's recipe

Rose - thank you for your recipe. For vegetarians, recipes can easily be modified by using soy crumbles in place of ground beef. Also, I use IMO which is a non dairy sour cream as I like dips and other dishes that have sour cream. You can also use vegan cheese if you can't live without cheese and are avoiding dairy products religiously.

rosech44

Tofu Turkey Loaf

JUST FOR BARB!!!!!!!:D

INGREDIENTS
1 (14 ounce) package firm tofu, drained and mashed
2 pounds ground turkey
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
1/4 cup minced green bell pepper
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9 inch square baking dish.
In a bowl, mix the tofu, turkey, bread crumbs, soup mix, green pepper, and eggs. Place the mixture into the prepared pan, and mold into a loaf shape.
In a saucepan over low heat, blend the brown sugar, soy sauce, and mustard.
Bake the meatloaf 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Drizzle with the sauce mixture, and continue baking 15 minutes, or to an internal temperature of 180 degrees F (80 degrees C).

rosech44

Turkey Loaf

Healthy Turkey Loaf
Submitted by: Susan
Rated: 4 out of 5 by 87 members Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes Ready In: 40 Minutes
Yields: 5 servings

"Lean ground turkey in a flavorful mixture of salsa, bell pepper, egg and onion. The ease of meatloaf without the calories! Easily frozen and baked later for a quick meal."
INGREDIENTS:
1/2 pound ground turkey
1 egg
1/4 cup salsa
1/8 cup chopped red bell
pepper 1/8 cup chopped yellow bell
pepper
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
lemon pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl combine the turkey, egg, salsa, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, onion, bread crumbs and lemon pepper. Mix well with hands until blended. Press mixture into a loaf pan.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
stem cell diet recipe modifications

Rose - I do have to give you a T for trying, but for me, the recipe would need to have a vegetarian substitute for the turkey. Also, many recipes can be modified to give you even more "bang for your stem cells" by adding flax seed, cumin, etc. I'll bet if Susan just slipped in the tofu filler, Howard wouldn't even notice. I have so many people ask me how I can eat the chili I make when it has ground beef in it. After, they are done with their second bowl at least, I let them know that there isn't any ground beef in it, just soy crumbles. It's all in the perception many times. The recipe book that Jeannine is working on will have recipes that contain at least 3 of the items on the post stem cell diet that we were advised to use. Some people have no such restrictions given to them, so I have to keep in mind, not everyone can become a convert to tofu. Just wishful thinking on my part and the animals. If anyone has a special recipe that they would like to see in the Pioneer cookbook, please e-mail it to Jeannine. I have already inundated her with some of my specials and I don't think even one of them has tofu in it. I had better scrape some of those up for Howard at least.

rosech44

Frog Eye Salad

This old time favorite is delicious as a salad or dessert. The recipe uses a tiny round pasta called Acine di' Pepe (like orzo, but round) which gives it an interesting texture similar to tapioca.

Frog's Eye Salad

1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
1 (20-ounce) can pineapple chunks in its own juice, undrained
2 (11-ounce) cans mandarin orange segments, drained
1 large egg, beaten
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 1/3 cups (8 ounces) Acine di Pepe Pasta, uncooked
3 1/2 cups (8 ounces) frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed and divided
3 cups miniature marshmallows
1/2 cup flaked coconut
Maraschino cherries (optional)
In medium saucepan, stir together sugar, flour and salt.
Drain pineapple, reserving juice to equal 1 cup. With whisk, gradually stir juice and egg into sugar mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a boil. Stir in lemon juice. Cool mixture to room temperature.
Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water to cool quickly; drain well.
In large bowl, stir together pineapple juice mixture and pasta. Cover; refrigerate several hours or overnight.
Add crushed pineapple and chunks, oranges, 2 cups whipped topping, marshmallows and coconut; mix gently and thoroughly. Cover; refrigerate until cold.
Top with remaining whipped topping; garnish with cherries, if desired.
Makes 12 servings.

Jan

Pioneer Founding member
World's Best Soup for Diseases, or Soup "not to Die For

The Nutrients contained in this soup will lower the risk, have a protective effect, or improve the symptoms for the following diseases: Many forms of cancer (also, emphysema), cataracts, macular degeneration, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, heart attack, stroke, asthma, high blood pressure, migraines, declines in brain function, high cholesterol and prevention of breast cancer. The most essential nutrients (in order of importance) are contained in: spirulina, spinach, RED bell peppers and soy beans. Of course, organic veggies are preferred (or soak veggies in a mild to medium vinegar solution for 30 min. to remove pesticides).
by dr stever

http://www.recipezaar.com/153656

Bev12452

turkey loaf

Susan and Rose just finished eating the turkey loaf from your recipe and man I was really surprised it was so tasty and not dry at all I will definitely do it again it was fast to make LOVED IT anymore of those fast dinner recipes out there thank you for helping me stick to the diet

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Consider the source

I had a talk with a doctor that is a very strict as far as thinking that our foods are contaminated and full of things we shouldn't be eating. I asked him why beef would not be allowed on the stem cell diet I was given and yet turkey, chicken and fish were with no restrictions. He was as baffled as I was. He said he would never consume any meat that was not organic fed free range. He also gave me a lecture that vegetables and fruits should be as organic as possible. He said hybrids and genetically altered foods are making us sick at an alarming rate. He even uses seeds that are organic to grow his own tomatoes. Of course, most of us cannot spend our lives doing all of this type of thing, but we can be careful of our sources where we get our food. Organic and free range might cost more, but what is it costing us to be ill from altered food? This man is 80 years old and looks 60 at the most. His wife doesn't even have gray hair and is in her 70's. They both remain very active and he is still practicing. There is something to what he preaches. The self discipline required to extend our lives into quality old age may not be what some of us can do, but we can make the best effort possible. He said to consider the source first and foremost in anything we eat. Good advice in my opinion. He also said that wild game was the best if you are a meat eater.

rosech44

wild game

The reason wild game is the best for us, is because they are free range--and the fat is not marbled thru the meat, it is, as a rule under the skin b'tween hide and body, insulates them---and peels right off---wild game does not have to hang to age, there is no fat marbled so nothing to age and break down. I am talking about Deer and Elk---Grouse is better than chicken.~~~~Moose meat is similar to Elk--never ate antelope, etc. Bears, can stay in the woods-----LOL:D

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Rose - thank you for your very logical explanation. He also said wild turkey was the best kind of turkey. Now, the only wild turkey I am familiar with is the kind that comes in a bottle. I seriously doubt this is what he had in mind.

rosech44

Wild Turkey

I'm Inclined To Agree With You, I Really Doubt The Bottled Wild Turkey Is What He Had In Mind----lol

Jane

Disguise veggies

I know some are having a problem eating sufficient vegetables. I heard of a cook book written by Jennifer Seinfield on the Rachel Ray show. The book is called Deceptively Delicious. These are recipes for purees that she add/coats other foods with just to get them in her kids. A taste test was done at an elementary school and the kids loved the foods (chicken nugets coated in broccoli) and others. I copied down the recipes on the website and also the purees for beets, broccoli, butternut squash, carrots, caulifloer, spinach, sweet potatoes. My husband loves mashed potatoes, so I add mashed cauliflower and he loves that too. I would be happy to send the recipes that I have to any of you interested.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Veggies in disguise

These purees would be of special interest to many of us since these items are on the stem cell diet we follow. It is so interesting to hear how kids actually loved the "sauce" put on something that they have already accepted. I know we would be appreciative of any of the recipes you would like to post on the forum. Some of the forum "kids" need help to make sure they eat their veggies. Thanks so much.

Jane

Purees

The purees that I mentioned and a chocolate cake

Chocolate Cake (with Beets)
Created by Jessica Seinfeld
From the book Deceptively Delicious
Makes a 9-inch cake

A scrumptious, traditional chocolate cake that just happens to be fortified with beets. A fabulous alternative to the usual birthday cake!

INGREDIENTS
Batter:
? Nonstick cooking spray
? 1 cup firmly packed light or dark brown sugar
? 1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil, or trans-fat-free soft tub of margarine spread
? 1 large egg
? 2 large egg whites
? 3 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
? 1/2 cup beet puree
? 1/2 cup lowfat (1%) buttermilk
? 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
? 2 cups all-purpose flour
? 1 tsp. baking soda
? 1/4 tsp. salt

Cream Cheese Frosting:
? 1 (8-ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese
? 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
? 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
? 1 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract

Preheat the oven to 350?. Coat a 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.

In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the brown sugar with the oil or margarine until creamy. Add the whole egg and egg whites one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the melted chocolate, beet puree, buttermilk and vanilla.

Add the flour, baking soda and salt, and beat until smooth.

Pour the batter into the pan and bake until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center, 35 to 40 minutes. Let the cake cool 5 minutes in pan before turning out onto a rack to cool completely.

Meanwhile, make the frosting. Beat the cream cheese with the confectioners' sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla until smooth. Slice the cake in half horizontally. Spread the frosting over the top and between layers of the cooled cake.

Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Beets - PREP
Leave them whole (trim any stems to 1 inch) and unpeeled.

COOK
Wrap in aluminum foil and roast at 400? for about 1 hour (they're done when they can be pierced with the tip of a sharp knife).

PUREE
After peeling, place in a food processor or blender for about 2 minutes.

RELATED RECIPE
Chicken Nuggets, Chocolate Cake
-----------
Broccoli - PREP
Cut into florets.

COOK
Steam for 6 to 7 minutes. Florets should be tender but still bright green (if they turn an olive green color, they're overcooked).

PUREE
In a food processor or blender for about 2 minutes. Add a few teaspoons of water if needed for a smooth, creamy texture.

----------
Butternut Squash
PREP
Cut off the stem, cut squash in half lengthwise and scrape out seeds.

COOK
Roast the halves of a cookie sheet, flesh-side down, at 400? for 45 to 50 minutes.

PUREE
Scoop out the flesh and puree in a food processor or blender for about 2 minutes.

RELATED RECIPEMacaroni and Cheese 1, Quesadillas

----------
Carrots

PREP- Peel, trim the ends and cut into 3-inch chunks.

COOK
Steam for 10 to 12 minutes.

PUREE
In a food processor or blender for about 2 minutes, with a few teaspoons of water if needed for a smooth texture.

RELATED RECIPEItalian Meatloaf, Brownies

Cauliflower - PREP
Cut off florets and discard core.

COOK
Steam for 8 to 10 minutes.

PUREE
In a food processor or blender for about 2 minutes, with a few teaspoons of water if needed for a smooth, creamy texture.

RELATED RECIPE
Scrambled Eggs, Macaroni and Cheese 1
--------------

Spinach - PREP
No prep at all for baby spinach. For mature spinach, fold leaves in half lengthwise with the stem outside, then strip the stem off the leaf.

COOK
Steam for 30 to 40 seconds, or cook in a skillet with 1 tablespoon of water for about 90 seconds, or just until wilted.

PUREE
In a food processor or blender for about 2 minutes, until smooth and creamy.

RELATED RECIPE
Chicken Nuggets, Blueberry Oatmeal Bars, Brownies

Sweet Potatoes - PREP
Do not peel. Cut into quarters, if steaming. Leave whole, if roasting.

COOK
Steam for 40 to 45 minutes. Roast at 400? for 50 to 60 minutes.

PUREE
Scoop out the flesh and puree in a food processor or blender.

RELATED RECIPE
Pancakes, Chicken Nuggets

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Many thanks

Thank you Jane. These sound really easy to make. I hope some of our timid veggie eaters will try them out. No one will have to twist my arm. Great idea this lady had!

Jane

Brownies (with Carrot and Spinach)&Sweet Potato Pancakes

Brownies (with Carrot and Spinach)
Makes 12 brownies

These brownies fool everyone! You won't believe how scrumptious they are (or how good they are for you) until you make them yourself. Just don't serve them warm?it's not until they're completely cool that the spinach flavor totally disappears.

INGREDIENTS
? Nonstick cooking spray
? 3 oz. semisweet or bittersweet chocolate
? 1/2 cup carrot puree
? 1/2 cup spinach puree
? 1/2 cup firmly packed light or dark brown sugar
? 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
? 2 Tbsp. trans-fat-free soft tub margarine spread
? 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
? 2 large egg whites
? 3/4 cup oat flour or all-purpose flour
? 1/2 tsp. baking powder
? 1/2 tsp. salt

Preheat the oven to 350?. Coat an 8" x 8" baking pan with cooking spray.

Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or over a very low flame.

In a large bowl, combine the melted chocolate, vegetable purees, sugar, cocoa powder, margarine and vanilla and whisk until smooth and creamy, 1 to 2 minutes.

Whisk in egg whites. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt with a wooden spoon.

Pour the batter into the pan and bake 35 to 40 minutes. Cool completely in the pan before cutting into 12 bars.
----------------------------
Pancakes (with Sweet Potato)
Serves 4

Sweet potato puree both sweetens and boosts the nutrition of this simple, quick breakfast.

INGREDIENTS
? 1 cup water
? 1/2 cup sweet potato puree
? 1/4 tsp. cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice (optional)
? 1 cup pancake mix
? Nonstick cooking spray
? 1 Tbsp. canola or vegetable oil
? Pure maple syrup, for serving

In a large bowl, mix the water, sweet potato puree, and cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice, if using. Add the pancake mix and stir just to combine?the batter should be lumpy.

Coat a griddle or large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set it over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add the oil, and spoon the batter onto the griddle or pan, using 1/4 cup batter for each pancake.

Cook until bubbles form on top of the pancakes and the batter is set, 2 to 3 minutes. Then use a spatula to flip the pancakes and cook them until golden brown on the other side, 2 to 3 minutes.

Bev12452

v8 infusion

I drink alot of the v8 infusion the blueberry pomagranate plus vegetables it says it has 1/2 cup fruit and 1/2 cup vegetables in each 8 oz does that count towards the fruit and vegetable reguirements just wondering also have started taking THAI GO found it in the health food store really good stuff plus my colliadial silver as an antibiotic so far it is working used it when I went to CA no sickness so I am sticking with it

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
A juicy subject

Sure, juice counts as long as the product is mostly juice. I drink a lot of juice. I like it and now studies are showing that juice drinkers tend to have a lot less chance of getting Alzheimer's so there's another plus. Some of the "juice" products only contain 10% real juice, so that's why I said to check. Would you care to give us more info on the Thai GO product you are talking about? What is it? Anytime, someone finds something that helps them, I am always eager to hear about it. Thanks for your good posting, Bev.

Jane

Recipes

Bev,
I don't know anything about the VA Infusion, have drunk one bottle and liked the taste but I stick to water. My husband that has COPD drinks a veggie mix, low sodium that he adds Cayenne to (makes the lungs weep) loosen the mucous and apple juice, grape juice and orange juice and water. We put blue berries on our cereal and balanas. I found a German mix of dried fruit, nuts and oats that I mix equal parts (1/8c) with buckwheat and 1/2 cu oatmeal to 1 cup water, add flax seed meal, soy milk, cinnamon, little sugar. Be sure to keep your flax and all nuts in the freezer so that it will not go rancid.
I am glad to know someone else that uses colodial silver. It works for me!