received my detox kit

Bev12452

Today I received my kit for the detox and the vitamin list another dumb question no where can I find when to start the detox all I can find is that I need to take it three times a day did it make anyone sick or were there any side effects fro the detox I really don't want to be on the road and have to go to the bathroom every hour it will take me forever to get there I called my new best friend today and told her the info she was telling us about just applying for the passport was not right that will only be in effect until Sept 30 after that if you are flying you need a passport not just the fact that you applied so all that nonsense for nothing Ed should be the patient rep at least he know whats going on or if he doesn't he trys' to find out anyway counting the days and blowing on my new toy Bev in FL

Susan

Hi Bev,

Howard received his Detox kit yesterday. His appt. is Sept. 20. He started the program with one "dose" of 10 drops of each ""potion" this evening. He said he could not taste anything in the pure water water we mixed it into and so far has had no side effects (4 hours later).

Since we are driving to CA (5 days) we too are concerned about having to make frequent stops.

We have 5 days before we leave so will try it for a couple of days and see what (if anything) happens.

The fine print in the Detox instructions says there is enough "potion" to do a 4-week cleanse. Of course, we don't have that much time. So will do what we can. Somewhere I think I recall being advised that a 2-week cleanse prior to treatment was recommended. We don't have that much time, either, unless we use it while we travel (remains to be seen whether there are any side effects).

All our best to you. We are getting excited (but dreading the long drive).

Susan

Bev12452

Good Luck

Susan where are you driving from we are in Florida and I am dreading the drive also mostly cause my husband won't let me drive and it so boring being a passenger luckily He will make a bed in the back of the car so I can sleep well keep in touch and I wish you both the best of luck and hope you have great results from the procedure Bev in FL

Connie Golden

Oh Boy! DeTox

I guess we're all on target as I received my kit. No droppers so I'll stop by Wal-mart. I also received my six months supply of supplements. I had to clean out two rather large cabinet sections to house them. When I have the energy I'll make the inventory lists. If I get all these down in six months I will surely become the bionic woman. I don't think we need to worry much about any ill effects from the detox. I have never heard of any and I have known several people who have done this. If you want to get really excited, read any of the disclaimers that come with your regular Rx medications. I can hardly wait to get to San Diego/Tijuana.

All best,
Connie

Susan

Detox and supplements

Bev and Connie,

So so good with the Detox. 3 "doses" have been taken and no bad effects.

Did both of you get a list of supplements? We did but it was not as long as I expected. Only 9 items plus blueberries. Of course it did say 1st Regiment. Did y'all the same thing?

Bev, we are driving from Pickens County in West Alabama/East Mississippi. We are right on the Noxubee/Pickens line. Howard has agreed to let me do some of the driving (a first for him) but only because I think he knows he can't do it all now.

Susan

Connie Golden

Supplements

I got a list of supplements out of "the book" and Barbara was good enough to send me another version that she and Jeannine had worked out since it was not easy to find exact quantities with different distributers. Maybe Barbara will comment on this. I went on the Puritan Pride site and tried to compute how much I would need for the six months. Actually, it looks like it should serve me for six years.

All best,
Connie

Connie Golden

Post Script: supplements

Bev,

Look again at the info sheet you received. I think you may have been reading dietary rules and not the mega list of supplements yet to come.
Connie

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Supplements

The supplement list you received from the company is NOT the same as the one that Dr. F has asked us to take. I have mentioned this many times and to no avail. I stick with what the doctor asked me to take and that is the list I suppled to all of you that are getting ready to go. I thought I sent you one too Susan. We do have a list in our book and I am happy to clarify it for those that need it. I asked Ed when I first got home and he said he never got any list when he went and neither did Jeannine. I got the list directly from the doctor and was also sent the partial list from the company. Now, the list is being sent from the company on a more regular basis, but it is still not the list the doctor recommended to us. It has some of the same things, but not all. For my money, I am sticking with the doc and will for the 6 month post stem cell protocol period. Puritan's Pride is soooooooooooooooo much cheaper than anywhere else. I thought I could open a store personally and I know Larry made that comment after we bought all the stuff, but I actually had to reorder the other day. With Puritan's you get some good deals so you do end up with a lot more bottles than if you just bought one at a time at a vitamin store, but for the price difference I will find space to store the Puritan's Pride stock. As for the detox, Jeannine and I never even got any. They didn't get it sent to us, so I sure wouldn't get my panties in a twist over that one or boxers in a bunch if you are of the male gender. I would try it starting whenever you get it and if it causes problems and you are driving, I would probably pitch the stuff at the next rest stop. Just my opinion. Barb

Susan

Supplement list

Barb,

YES! You did go to considerable trouble to see that Howard had the list of supplements that the Dr. recommended to you. We appreciate that very much.

When you know me better, you will find that I am somewhat of a sleuth and when I find discrepancies, I love to get to the bottom of them. What I am wondering is why the two lists are different and why Dr. F.'s list and the list SCB is distributing don't concur?

In no way am I questioning your recommendation. And no, it did NOT fall on deaf ears. I was just wondering why the difference??

No way to know at this point, I suppose.

BTW, you mentioned a plan for grant writing. In the ones I have dealt with, a group must be a 501-C-3 non-profit organization to qualify for most of them. I have no experience whatsoever with health related grants, tho, so this may not hold true for those groups applying for this type of funding.

Susan

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Hi Susan

As for the discrepancies, I think no one has actually figured this out yet. I did try at first, my requests went totally unanswered at the company and so I decided to rely on the doctor who I should have been relying on in the first place. This is a medical procedure and that is where my decision comes from. It is like getting passport advice from someone that doesn't work at the passport office and you know how that ended up. I don't think anyone is going to suffer greatly for not taking every single mg of every supplement on either list, but I just felt since this was such a new procedure, why not behave myself for once and follow the good doctor's instructions? There are some bio tech companies that don't even mention a supplement program and others that would have you take even more than the list we have. I do know that my doctor's wish is to some day have the supplements available in a powder form that would be taken once or twice a day in a juice drink or similar, thereby eliminating the need to take all the individual supplements. We have done our best to eliminate some of the individual supplements and vitamins by showing you which products from Puritan's Pride are made in a combo forum. There are several of these and that eliminates a whole lot of pills.

As for grants, we are in the initial research stages for this. Feathers and Friends Rescue and Refuge, Inc. is my 501c3 non profit corporation which I set up several years ago for my bird refuge. Maybe, we could add stem cell therapy into the mix! HA It didn't take much doing, but I am like you in that I am not that familiar with health grants. There are quite a few foundations out there and maybe that is one reason. If anyone out there has information about this, please let us know. Foundations vs non profits I believe are determined by the IRS. I have to send in forms to show that my non profit status should remain and that I should not be considered a foundation. The bottom line is that all of it just takes more paper and you know how the government likes paper.

rosech44

supplements

I got my 6 month supply of supplements from Puritan Pride yesterday---Not sure where I will keep all this, but somewhere--no Detox Kit yet--maybe Monday----

Again thanks Barb for the help with the list---Rose

Bev12452

detox

Barbara I just read your post and had to laugh you have a great way of putting everything in perspective I know I for one am worrying over everything and you have always been there to talk me off the ceiling but the line about not getting our panties twisted put everything into the right place keep you sense of humor and hopefully the people following your lead will be able to take some of the load from you and help with the emails I don't know if I would have gone as far as I have if it hadn't been for you for that I believe i will owe you my good life that is yet to come and I will be here to help in anyway that I can Bev in FL

rosech44

Detox

I still haven't received my detox kit, but did get my confirmation number for hotel--Ana was waiting for proof I had paid:rolleyes:--I already had my receipt for paying, so she looked it up and sent the confirmation, Detox is on the way---So they say!!! LOL

Must make Reservations for Motels on the way--today

TIK TOK TIK TOK--OUR CLOCK IS TICKING:D

Rose

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Typical office snafu

Rose - Jeannine and I NEVER received our detox kit. I guess that's why people keep telling me I'm full of it. Anyway, if it makes you sick in anyway, I wouldn't put too much worry into it. Find the nearest dumpster and toss it. Did you see my post about Ruth, Maxine and Jesse? The weather is beautiful they said. Everyone is very excited about tomorrow when Jesse and Ruth get their treatment. Maxine is the caregiver in the party, so she has her hands full I am sure. It won't be long is right. It is amazing how quickly the date sneaks up on you.

Susan

Detox and Reservations

Rose,

If we pool our resources, maybe we can come up with a complete package. We don't have our room reservation confirmation yet and we are leaving day after tomorrow.
The Detox program has proven to have had no serious consequences for Howard, just mild stomach cramps and very slight diarrhea the first couple of days. I guess we will stay on it for another couple of days and see how it goes.

I am packing now....

Susan

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Hotel confirmation

Susan - Have you checked directly with the hotel to make sure you have a confirmed reservation and also request anything special you might want - ground floor, non smoking, etc.? I would give up on the office at this point and check with the hotel. If you have a confirmation there, then there is nothing to worry about. You can also call Ed if you want, but I would think the hotel is your best bet. Having been in the travel business much longer than I should have been, the hotel is your best source of accurate info. The nice thing too if the hotel fouls up and you have a name of who you talked to, most of them will compensate you for their snafu in some way. I am glad Howard is detoxing like a gentleman.

Bev12452

good luck and safe trip

Susan good luck on your trip I hope it is a calm one for you we may pass each othe on the highway hubby is read to go now don't know wwhere hes going but he is ready. have a safe trip and we will all be here waiting any info you have I hope howard has th esame great results as the reat of the group Bev in FL

rosech44

cofirmation number

Susan----

Ana didn't even know I had paid, so she didn't send me my confirmation, until I called her, she then pulled my file and found that I had paid--so she immediately e-mailed me the confirmation---we did call the hotel tho, to make sure we were on ground floor which we are, if we have to walk very far, we can call bellhop and he will come pick us up--I think they have golf carts or something to haul us around on--no charge, but, I think we have to tip the bell hop-- or at least we probably should----

Have a wonderful and safe trip----Rose

Susan

Reservations

We did call hotel and all is in order for us. We have the ADA room which we requested non smoking. We made a note of the person we spoke with and the reservation number. All seems to be in place.

Susan

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Have a very safe trip.

Susan, I am glad you just called the hotel directly. Works like a charm. Have a good trip and I hope Howard will not do too much back seating driving when you are at the wheel. I find a roll of duct tape can be handy when traveling with your husband. The report is that the weather is very nice so let's hope it holds for you two. We will look forward to hearing from you when you can.