passports

Bev12452

Here we go again today I started the whole thing all over on the phone all day calling around to get my passsport started the us govt says you don't need a passport until dec so they said no to the passport so then I call the passport office again not until dec he says call the mexican embassy in washington which I did the man at the embassy says to get into Mexico all you need is a birth certificate and photo ID but to get back out they want you to have applied for a passport so we are back to square one this is getting to be such a joke if it weren't for such a serious reason it would be funny but after all the money has been spent I am going along and applying for the pasport ordered two birth certificates today one to send in with the passport application and one to carry with me I also found out I am not staying at the hotel that Rose is staying at I hope I am not alone where they put me but ana did say she would make my reservations for me I will wait until around the 15 to confirm hope everyone else had a better day Bev in FL

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Passports and hotel

Bev - You do not need a passport for border crossing by foot or car. Please people, do not get a passport unless you want one for the future. It is a waste of time and money. Also, I would suggest you call Ed and see if you can get at the same hotel as Rose if that is something you both want. I think this would be nice and I think he will do his best to try to arrange it. He has asked that we call him directly for things like this and not to call the SCB office. They will not help you with requests such as this. He also wants everyone to know that you do not need a passport. I think maybe you are too worried about this issue and I want to reassure you that you do not need one. You have called the passport agency, a legislator, I posted the info directly from the U.S. Passport Office which is what others use to get correct information and you are still worried about it. Maybe, it is best that you do get one, but for the rest of the people going, please save your money. If you plan on going in 2008, then it is good to apply at least 3 months ahead of time. If you are going this year, have no fear, I seriously doubt anyone will even ask you for your identification, let alone a passport.

John

Pioneer Founding member
Barb is 100% correct about the passport requirements or lack of them. I wasted my money getting a passport and THEY DIDN'T EVEN LOOK AT IT!!!! I went for the treatment last Thursday and on the return to the US the driver of the van for SCB told me to stay in the van because I was on supplemental O2. My girlfriend and son had to get out of the van and walk through a building where they had their ID checked. When the border guard came to the van he asked me and a man in a wheel chair that went with us what country were were citizens of. We both said, "United States" and he said, "OK" and walked away. I had my passport in my hand and he didn't even glance at it. Anyway you are going to stress yourself out over nothing. YOU DO NO NEED A PASSPORT UNTIL NEXT YEAR. PERIOD. Your license or other forms of ID are fine if you are walking or driving across the border. Would it be a good idea to get a passport? Sure even if you aren't leaving the country it's a good idea but at this point in time YOU DO NOT NEED A PASSPORT if you walk or drive across the border. Hope that clears it up if you still had a question. If you still don't believe us then continue to badger the government about it but we've been there and back with no problem.
John

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Donations

Thank you John for your very up to the minute information on passports. If anyone is just wanting to spend money, I have a better cause than buying a passport you do not need. You can always hit the donate button on the bottom of this forum and help maintain this forum and our fund that we are establishing. If you don't like that idea, brighten someone's day and leave a big tip some place. Not into that? Do something nice for someone you love. Take them out somewhere. Still not liking that idea? Have your cat or dog spayed or neutered if you've been putting it off. No way, huh? Well, then take the $100.00 and rip it up and throw it up in the air for confetti and have a party. I think I have heard enough about passports. Just hating to see people waste their time and money.

Bev12452

I BELIEVE I BELIEVE I am taking my bit=birth certificate and driver license and I will leave my O2 on so like John I have to stay on the bus I stress out so easy I would look guilty will be glad when it gets time to go too much time on my hands now thinking and stressing need to stop Barbara do you have a job for me sure could use one maybe I will call ed and ask him if he needs help lol I drive the poor boy crazy now can you imagine what I would do if he had to deal with me everyday well to all my new friends keep well and hopefully we will all meet one day Bev in FL

rosech44

Birth Certificates

Mine And Hubby's Birthcertifictes Do Not, Have Raised Seals--the 3 Boys Do, But I Guess They Didn't Use Them Way Back Then!!!lol

Rose