Oxygen

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I searched through the forum for a thread on Oxygen and couldn't find one. Andrea has e-mailed me a few questions on O2 for her upcoming trip to get stem cell therapy. I told her I would post for her and hopefully some of you can put her fears to rest or tell her that she should rent a continuous flow unit if you think she should. I really don't know, so the more opinions the merrier. Below is her e-mail to me:

You mention continuous flow oxygen, what kind (brand) of portable concentrator are you talking about. It might be possible for me to rent one. I do have frequent spells where I have trouble catching my breath and it is scary. I use M-6 tanks most of my waking hours. I plan on taking several M-6 with me and use two to get from San Diego to Mexico and back. One tank lasts me about 3 hours (not continuous flow). Do you think this will work? Lincare is my provider and I thought I would have them deliver oxygen to the hotel in San Diego once I know when I will be there. My portable I will use while driving and possibly at night sleeping. I do have a larger portable that I can use at night but it is a pain to move around. Any suggestions?

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
When I went for stem cell treatment I had bought a Sequal Eclipse that has continuous flow and can plug into an electrical outlet or a cigarette lighter outlet plus it has batteries.

I understand that you can rent one from http://www.traveloxygen.org/

Tell Craig or Gordon I referred you

chris63

portable oxygen concentrator

I purchased a portable oxygen concentrator very much like the helios. It will allow 3ml per hr, and it is very protable. weighs about 4.5 #'s. Comes with built in battery, cord to recharge and also a cord that plugs into cigerette lighter in car. I used it to fly up to new york this past summer. it worked out well. Most of the airlines allow you to bring them with you to use. Mine is a aresep. You can start to rent these from your oxygen supplier. you can go on line and type in" portable oxygen concentrator ". there are several on the market.
Also, I am now going to join the ranks of those going for stem cell theraphyfor copd.. I had phone interview with Dr.f. on dec. 13. some new and exciting info came out of it. They are opening an office in tampa florida and you can opt to go to cayman islands. Only found out it is more money to go there. Have no idea why. closer than Mexico for people on east coast. Will keep you posted.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
More money for a good reason

The reason it is more expensive to go to the Cayman Islands is that the expenses are higher there. Everything in the Caribbean is higher than Mexico. This company is also considering flying people from Tampa and this will add to the cost. Tampa would be a pre check clinic and then you would fly to Grand Cayman. This would add a lot compared to a simple van ride to Mexico for this company. It is just a matter of economics that is adding to the cost.

rosech44

For Andrea

If Her 02 Providor Is Lincare, She Should Be Able To Get Everything She Needs Thru Them--i Rented An Inogen 1 From Them, Used It In The Car, And On The Trip To Mexico, It Has 1 Battery, But You Have To Ask For A Spare, And The Cords To Both, Plug Into Ac, And Dc In The Car---just In Case We Took My Portable And Some Spare Tanks, But Was Able To Do The Whole Mexico Trip, Just Using The Inogen 1---need To Advise Lincare Asap, Of Your Needs So They Can Make Arraingements To Have It In Stock When You Need It---also, They Will Deliver Concentrator, And Or Oxygen To Your Rooms----

Good Luck

Bev12452

office in Tampa

I have been to see the Dr in Tampa DR Ron is a really nice and compassionate man gets right to the point I went to see him after I had already had the treatment and am using him for follow up care and as my primary Dr you will really like him and his staff

Bev12452

lincaire

I also have lincaire as my provider I went with my m tanks but my conserving device broke on my way out they were there when I arrived in San Diego on Sunday with a new device and brought out 8 tanks for me to make the trip home great to work with I wish my local supplier was as good good luck on your trip