Our Hotel

rosech44

I just talked to Ana---

Connie--Beverley, and I will all be at the same hotel, resort There is a big convention going on, and Ana had to change us to a different one to get us all together---So not to worry Ladies, we will be together---

the name of the place is---Paradise Resort and Spa---until it changes--LOL

John--where did you stay????

Rose

Last edited:

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Rose - you have got the right attitude!

When Rose says until it changes, this could be very true. You just need to be prepared and not get uptight because everything will work out for you. This applies to post stem cell conditions when you get home also. If you are blue or confused, get on the forum and we will be there to reassure you that this is normal. Everyone has different progress and the time frame is not cut and dried. Be prepared and if you bought our book refer to our detailed daily logs to see how little tiny things were happening and then we would have a set back only to have several glorious days after that and on and on. We are now in a much steadier improvement stage, but no one told us anything. We were on our own, so again, we are here to help with any questions you may have. Barb

John

Pioneer Founding member
Rose,
I stayed at the Kona Kai. It's on the bay on one side and has a marina on the other. Thats on Shelter Island if you want to google earth on it.
John

rosech44

hotel

Thanks John---

The Kona Kai, is where we were going to stay, but Ana moved us to this other one--it looks to be great, but it is sprawled out, looks like a lot of walking to get from place to place---

Rose

Bev12452

confirmation

Ana has sent my confirmation number to me already I am going in on Sunday so my room is confirmed for the whole week it really looks like a nice place but very expensive the additional nights are 279 a night and of course my husband found out that there is room service so he is happy they have high speed INTERNET connections so we will be able to send pictures as we go I will be bringing my bathing suit even if I don't swim I will sit in the pool I am looking forward to getting it going whatever Ed said to Ana really got her back into business mode I'm glad we are going to be together i have been in a mental meltdown for a couple of days so I need to hear some good news anyone out there have any thanks Bev in FL

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
There's always good news for me

Hi Bev - You are getting antsy I can tell. I would suggest you make a quick call to the hotel just to make sure that is the best rate they can offer for those extra nights. Sometimes, AAA, senior discount (they never seem to check how old any one is), weekend, whatever, there may be better rates. As far as keeping busy until time to go, you need to start doing your PowerLung and do any other exercises you can that will help build up your strength, especially upper body. Start your journal with how horrible or good you feel each day. Start it before treatment if you haven't already. Post on the forum so that we can keep discussions going and help each other, take care of your cats, write a review for Amazon about our book if you can (Rose had to have actually purchased something from Amazon to post which is ridiculous, but maybe you have done this at some time previously) and continue to be excited. Mental condition is very important. It will ultimately give you more energy and a better outlook after your treatment. Start looking for recipes that fit the new diet. I like to get veggie recipes from recipes@meatoutmondays.org I signed up and they send me a new recipe every week. It's free so why not? Mainly, just try to stay calm because you have some time before you go. Review our book again so that when you get home and you are totally blotto you will know this is okay. I get so many e-mails worrying about little things and this is natural. You are going to have ups and downs and don't try to do too much too soon. Keep with your O2 and don't think you are going to be able to do things others haven't in the first few weeks. The progress is slow, but steady and measurable if you use your journal, oximeter and peak flow meter if you have one. You can also just tell from common sense that you are progressing. Your family may notice it first and then they will remind you that you just did something you hadn't been able to do in a long time. It is really a great experience to once again be regaining your health instead of losing it. Also, look at the San Diego weather before you go. It can get really cold there when the wind whips off the water. Did you decide to take the antibiotic before you go? If so, get that arranged with the doctor, not Ana. It doesn't sound like your own pulmo would be the one to ask. Hang in there. Find us some new recipes. We are thinking of writing a Pioneers Stem Cell Diet recipe book. I think Jeannine will be doing this on alternate Saturdays between 1 am and 3 am when she has the most spare time. Seriously, we would love to have any help with this project which we will turn into a fund raiser for the forum.

rosech44

Antsy

I'm getting antsy too----I don't even have a swimsuit guess I'll have to look for one---

We will be traveling from The Dalles Oregon, down the Columbia River to Portland Or, then down I-5 to San diego--- we plan to arrive on the 3rd--
I go to the Dr. in the morning, my records should already be faxed--I hope, I need to get our trip itinerary to Ana--Hubby wants me to find a room just north of L A for the 2nd, then he can drive in early the third, hoping to miss big traffic---

I'm not sure what kind of altitudes we will go thru, but, when we went to Yuma, the first 2 yrs. we went thru utah, and that was pretty high, it doesn't bother me unless I get out of the car--then the altitude does it's number----

I've been using the powerlung, haven't noticed any difference yet, but then I don't remember anyone saying it would change things overnight--LOL
Guess I better get busy getting the supplements, too---
I asked Dr. R about an antibiotic, and she said no, not unless I came down with something---she said it is best not to use antiobiotic, unless your sick---

counting down the days---Rose

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Antibiotic

Hi Rose, No bathing suit huh? Well, there's always skinny dipping. Keep using that PowerLung. When it seems too easy, you need to tighten up the settings. It will give you results, but you're right it takes time. I am going to send my doctor an e-mail and ask again about the antibiotic. After you catch a bug traveling or in the hospital or hotel or wherever, is not the best time to then try to practice prevention. Jeannine and I were exposed to something pretty awful and the doctor said that in the future he was going to have all respiratory patients take an antibiotic prior to treatment. I will check with him to see if that has changed. The new doctor just may not be as familiar with lung patients as my doctor is. We are different because the lungs are exposed whereas a kidney or heart, etc. is protected inside your body. I will let you all know what he answers.

rosech44

no bathing suit

THE LAST ONE I BOUGHT WAS A SIZE 10--I MIGHT BE ABLE TO GET ONE LEG IN IT--- NO SKINNY DIPPING FOR ME---:eek:

I SURE HOPE DR. R IS GOING TO BE A GOOD ONE--- I TRIED LOOKING HER UP AND COULDN'T FIND HER---

I REFUSE TO GET WORRIED BOUT IT---I HAVE AN RX FOR ZITHROMAX IN MY WALLET, MY DR. GIVES ME ONE TO CARRY, SO IF I GET SICK OUT OF TOWN, I CAN START TREATING MYSELF----HAVE NEVER HAD TO FILL IT--HAVEN'T BEEN SICK SINCE I STARTED THE LCT--3 YRS AGO--

ROSE

TonyinDallas

Antibiotics

I have been reading on the question of taking antibiotics before getting the stem cells.
I take antibiotics every day. Bactrim daily and zithromax once a week. I have to take the zithromax due to chronic rejection.
From all I have read, it seems I will be a first to get stem cells that has already had a lung transplant.
I am extremely curious to which lung the stem cells will work on. My native lung which is pretty well totally shot as my lung function before my transplant was 9% of normal. That would make my function on my right lung now at about 4 or maybe 5 %. My left lung is doing all the work and I am at 26% lung function.
I can only pray it will work on both lungs.
My trip is a few months away at the minimum as I am looking into the financing for the stem cell treatment.
It will happen!
I can't wait to add a page to my web site about "STEM CELLS"
Tony in Dallas
Keep on keepin' on
www.geocities.com/thamel5038

rosech44

Tony

Tony---
I can't wait for you to get your cells and post it to your website----we refinanced our house to come up with the money----

hang in there, your time is coming---Rose

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Antibiotics

Tony - The only reason that my doctor recommends the antibiotic prior to stem cell therapy is in case you would pick up a bacterial bug along the way or even at the hospital. Anyone, who has read the book Jeannine and I wrote can understand why this is standard procedure for all COPD patients getting stem cell therapy where we got ours. It is optional. For you, you are already taking this and I am sure that nothing else would be required. I think the question you pose is a good one for the doctor. Please let us know what he says since you will be contacting him regarding Alzheimer's treatment too. I am not a doctor, so I really can't answer your question, but I know it will help your native lung. This is a real interesting question and one which I know others will want to hear the answer to.

Joy

Antibiotics

I guess taking antibiotics is likely a safety issue for people receiving stem cells. I am so happy for Tony going for treatment for stem cells, and I may go also when able. This is a very helpful forum where we can communicate our thoughts and questions. I have been reading through all the Pulmonary messages, but have not posted until now.
Joy