New treatments

lbart12587

go to utub check out medical breakthrough emphysema and watch,

allso go to www,caring.com new treatment for copd his surgerg should be ok in 2012

I am hopeing these will work i have been looking into stem cell but seems like its a short term treatment,who can afford to go back every 6 or 3 months.i cann't even afford 1 treatment and its $30,000 at germany and mexico is $17.000 to $30.000 then your second treatment is less.but not buy much,
Looks like my only choice is lung transplant only thing my insurance might cover.thet raised my code payment from 30 to 80 for my spiriva so now i cann;t take it any more,guess they are trying to kill us off.gla

Pat

spiriva

Please stay on spiriva if you can possibly figure out how to afford it. I've been on it for at least 6 years and I think it has helped to stop the progression of my disease. Good Luck. Pat

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
Spiriva is probably helping more than anyone realizes. I posted the other day about my experiment to see exactly how Spiriva was or wasn't helping me. Well it only took two days for me to notice how my airways were closing up on me. Went back on Spiriva and it solved the problem almost right away. I've been on Spiriva since Dec 2005. I'm not craxy about a few of the side effects (vision issues and skin wrinkling) but the alternatives aren't worth it.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I get mine at All Day Chemist as jgp suggested. I only use it every other day. I believe that is the recommended dosage or at least every 36 hours, but most doctors just tell their patients to use it daily as they don't think we have a brain to remember when we took it if we don't take it daily. Cost for one month using it every other day is $4.95 plus postage.

Everett

wrinkled vision

Jeannine--I thought that my wrinkles and need for new glasses was from too many days in the pastures horseback working cattle or maybe the 77 years it took to get this far down the road. That's my excuse anyway. Take good care

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
Everett

The wrinkles from Spiriva aren't wrinkles from aging. For some people *myslef included) the cause like an onion peel wrinkling on the arms. The eye issues -
I went from a 20/10 for distance to 20/50 in less than two years and started with a cataract.

Everett

spiriva

lbart12587,
If you an go to yahoo and type in "drug maker spiriva" that should bring up SpirivaHandiHaler as the first selecton. click on it and go down past the how spiriva works. There is a place called partnership for prescripton assistance. Click ot that and take their help needed program. They may be able to give you a way to greatly reduced drug fees to even free med spiriva. It goes on an as needed basis and income gross annually.

Last edited: