MEDISTEM/CM, Does anyone know of this company??

Dr Jeff Peimer

Response

Forums are great for airing views, but when looking at treatments for diseases, it can be misleading when a patient gives a personal experience that can affect other patients' lives.

I, as well as other stem cell practitioners, am taking a risk treating patients with stem cells since I do not have the permission of the medical community and therefore am prone to being ostracised by mainstream medicine.

To protect my integrity as a medical practitioner I strongly urge you to try always to substantiate claims with the facts and, to verify the source of these facts before allowing them to be read by a community that is desperate for help, that is not forthcoming, from the broader medical community.

Never allow yourself to be treated unless the company can provide you with a certificate of analysis that states the origin, testing, type and number of cells signed by a microbiologist.

Jeff

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
More than just science

Dr. Peimer, I appreciate your advice, but this is also a forum run by patients who have had therapy at several different locations. It is meant to be used as a learning tool and also one for support which no clinic to my knowledge gives their patients. You are sent home and of course you can make a phone call to the doctor involved, but that is about it. How about the day to day emotions and changes that are taking place? Do you let your patients know in detail what to expect? Do you give them support on a daily basis? There is a lot more than just pure science involved. I would like you to be able to address your questions directly to the source and then we can all enjoy a two sided "debate" as you will. I know there are very many different opinions with stem cell therapy and yours are appreciated, but we also must allow others to voice their opinions and respond to what you are saying. I hope you can understand this. I am not a doctor and I don't give out medical advice. I tell people what is happening to me and others on the forum do the same thing. Everyone, ideally, should have a doctor that they can talk to about stem cell therapy, but this is the real world and many times the only doctor they get to talk to about this is the one giving the stem cell therapy or someone like yourself who appears on a forum. Not necessarily the best way to get help, but sometimes the only way. I do not regret that I was one of the first people in the world to have umbilical cord stem cell therapy for COPD. To be honest with you, it was actually refreshing not to have all the worries and red tape that go along with everything that is done here in the U.S. as far as a medical procedure. Just my opinion, but I tell it like it is.

Dr Jeff Peimer

I am also a patient

Dear Barbara

I am also a patient and have also had stem cell therapy. In the course of treating patients I have also counselled many and understand what patients go through when they are told that nothing more can be done for them by their own doctors.

I hope our never feel under-informed or neglected by my company's counsellors. We take pride in open lines of communication with our patients and telephone them regularly.

It is fantastic that you have had a response to your therapy and that you are telling the world about it. I commend you for that.

I support your site and have also started a forum on the Regenecell site. I hope you can contribute to it.

Kind regards.

Jeff

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Thanks for the invite. What I like about this forum and why we started it was to help get the word out about this exciting technology and to give patients support since we are all patients that administer the forum. Also, we like the fact that different doctors and companies can respond. We do not endorse specific companies, clinics or doctors and this gives our forum readers the opportunity to see responses from different sources. That kind of support cannot be duplicated by any doctor unless he has had treatment also. I am glad you know what it's like and also that you have a good staff. I was not insinuating that the company where I went was not able to help patients or that the doctors were not helpful. I was simply stating that there is a difference between a counselor, office staff, doctor and a patient's viewpoint. We try to provide the patient's viewpoint and will leave the others to provide their own help and advice to those that seek it. There also reaches a point that no office staff or counselor or doctor is willing to respond to questions from patients on a 24/7 basis. The forum is a good way to help those that may have questions also that they are not wanting to talk to the doctor or his staff about. Sorry, but this does happen. I am not talking about medical advice, but other questions of a more personal nature or simply chit chat about the hotel, etc. Only a forum can provide this in my opinion. The other problem that must be addressed is that some of the clinics are operated by foreign doctors and staff and a daily communication can be difficult, not just in terms of the language barrier, but also the logistics of location. Phoning may just not be an option for some people in these cases. We are not endorsing any company or doctors and it will remain that way. I certainly would not shy away from a foreign clinic. Some of them are operated by some very brilliant doctors in my opinion. And to some on this forum, companies here in the U.S. are foreign!

Last edited:

shazza

learning so much!!!

hi
becoming a member of this forum is the best thing l ever did, im learning so much, im also getting back a confidence that l had lost over the last few years!!
sharon

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Shazza -

I think I had better print your comments out for those days when I feel a little blue. Thank you!

shazza

hi jeff

I await your reply.

l emailed the woman who l mentioned to you whos daughter had stemcell treatment in china and she hasnt answered, she has a website for her daughter and l even tried to contact her through that!!
she posts daily updates about her daughter but avoids mentioning the stemcell treatment
sharon

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
China

I think it is a little unusual that she wouldn't want to mention the stem cell treatment, don't you? I know I am anxious to let everyone know so that it can benefit others. I hope you get a response from her at some point. I know you will persevere. Keep us posted.

shazza

hi barbara

I think it is a little unusual that she wouldn't want to mention the stem cell treatment, don't you? I know I am anxious to let everyone know so that it can benefit others. I hope you get a response from her at some point. I know you will persevere. Keep us posted.
ive still not had a response and after emailing her a few times l dont think l will, her daughter had the treatment in may just after her return she came down with an infection and needed some surgery on her tendons (tese were unrelated) ive always been led to believe that stemcells will travel to the site that needs repair and think the infection and her surgery are why the treatment hasnt worked, l also thnk the drs should have told her that this could happen and it concerns me that shes already fundraising to take back there!!!
all her energy is focused on getting her daughter well and shes tried all sorts
and l noticed some time ago that she never wanted to here anything negative about anything she tried!! l understand how she feels until l joined this forum a few months ago l felt that same sense of desperation, and it was like l was wearing blinkers and could only focus on getting better!! l also know a parent will do anything for there child no matter how old they are!!!
l think some clinics (the fraudulant 1s) play on this very thing!!
sharon

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I sincerely hope she wasn't a victim of a fraudulent company. Maybe, you should e-mail her again and tell her to join our forum. She can always join under some name that no one would recognize and maybe she would feel more comfortable posting under anonymity especially if there are problems that she may not be able to recognize yet. She is probably thinking that the infection problem overshadowed any other progress and trying again is her best action. I don't know if this is right or wrong personally, but it would be nice to hear from her.

oashman

What is Regenecell?

Dear Concerned Biologist.

The inferences you have made about Regenecell are incorrect. I am the resident physician and have a medical degree (MBChB - the equivalent of MD) from the University of Cape Town from which I qualified in 1989.

We understand that people with degenerative diseases can be misled by charlatans and therefore encourage patients to do research. We provide a link to the NIH and major research universities on our website. The cost you mentioned is excessive - our cost is Euro 12 000.

I would sincerely appreciate , if you mention Regenecell, that the correct information is cited. For any further information please do not hesitate to contact me at jeff@regenecell.com.
Dear Dr. I am just wondering, what is Regenecell? Are you a treatment centre or a research company? Where are you? I have searched your website, and there is no contact info, no telephone or address, just a generic toll-free US/UK number. Why is that? Thanks

Kendall

Medistem/cm

im a member of a forum called topix.net and was just checking if anyone had replyed to my post, someone had posted, calling himself concerned biologist from stanford CA his post says- "take extreme caution in dealing with any of these stem cell companies especially MEDISTEM/CM costa rica,india, mexico and regenecell each of these companies are run by frauds....no one within the company has any medical training and NO scienific backround the snake oil they are selling is just B.S if you are considering going to any of these mentioned groups do your homework. Call the NIH or major research universities and ask their opinion you'll be amazed and it will probably save your life and $30.000 USD

The people working for these companies say they have docteral degrees but no one can seem to find out and information about where they completed their medical training the universities listed do NOT offer the academics they are claiming

moreover there is nothing in the scientific literature to suggest what they are providing has any benificial affects"

im wary of anyone who doesnt put their name to something and if this person really is a scientist l believe scientists here in the UK and in some other countries want years more of studying stem cells before they are used on the general population!! im in agreement that companies need to be checked though!
sharon
I don't know why all of the posts inregard to this original message are coming back to me. I am not the concerned biologist by anymeans. I was asking if anyone has been to Costa Rica for treatment. That is all! Please don't send any more posts of this nature back to me. Thank you, Kendall

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
The Forum's thinking process

When you "subscribe" to a thread on the forum, the forum not having a mind of its own, believes you are interested in that subject for ever more. Please just delete the messages you don't want to read. The forum is not saying you should reply to the messages, it is just informing you that you might be interested in someone else's reply. You are an active poster, so you may get more of these than other people. Twenty lashes for the mindless forum software! Sorry, that's all I can do.

Kendall

When you "subscribe" to a thread on the forum, the forum not having a mind of its own, believes you are interested in that subject for ever more. Please just delete the messages you don't want to read. The forum is not saying you should reply to the messages, it is just informing you that you might be interested in someone else's reply. You are an active poster, so you may get more of these than other people. Twenty lashes for the mindless forum software! Sorry, that's all I can do.
Thank you Barbara! That makes me feel better. I was starting to take it personally. Kendall

shazza

hi

l had a type of encephalitis called acute disseminated encephalomyelitis, so far ive not come across anyone else whos been treated for it, but l know of a young girl who had treatment a few months ago in china, she had a different type of encephalitis but she got a virus when she came home and also had surgery and up to now shows no signs of improvment. do you know of anyone with this disease who has been treated?
sharon
l finally got an answer from the woman who took her daughter to china!! she said she heard bad things about a clinic in mexico, but didnt say which clinic or what she had heard, l emailed her back saying that there are 2 clinics in mexico, which did she mean and what had she heard. she said she had heard a lot of good things about the clinic in china and is fundraising to take her daughter back there. l must admit to being concerned as when she first announced she was going to china, as at 1 minute she was so dismissive of stemcell treatment and then only weeks later she announced she was going!!!
at the moment shes in kansas having taken her daughter for hyperbaric treatment!!
sharon

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Hyperbaric

Hi Shazza - That was a long wait for an answer for sure. Also, there are many clinics in Mexico. When she says Mexico, that's a big country. It would be like saying I heard some bad things about a hospital in the U.S. or the U.K. and then not telling us which one. Hopefully, she will continue to update you. Hyperbaric therapy is a viable treatment for many diseases. Unfortunately, they have the same problem that stem cell companies have. They are up against doctors not being familiar with it, the expense of installing Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment (HBOT) equipment and training someone, very few med schools teach this as a subject, pharmaceutical companies NOT wanting this treatment to become widespread, etc. Most continuing education for doctors comes from pharmaceutical companies and these companies have no interest in doctors learning about something they don't sell or benefit from. It seems strange that here in the U.S. less than 50 med schools teach HBOT or even have chambers compared to Italy where every school is teaching it. I think there are great possibilities for HBOT as a therapy in itself and also has a complementary therapy after stem cell treatment. It never ceases to amaze me how much influence pharmaceutical companies have on our lives. They truly would like to have us medicated in one way or another from cradle to grave in my opinion.