MEDISTEM/CM, Does anyone know of this company??

shazza

im a member of a forum called topix.net and was just checking if anyone had replyed to my post, someone had posted, calling himself concerned biologist from stanford CA his post says- "take extreme caution in dealing with any of these stem cell companies especially MEDISTEM/CM costa rica,india, mexico and regenecell each of these companies are run by frauds....no one within the company has any medical training and NO scienific backround the snake oil they are selling is just B.S if you are considering going to any of these mentioned groups do your homework. Call the NIH or major research universities and ask their opinion you'll be amazed and it will probably save your life and $30.000 USD

The people working for these companies say they have docteral degrees but no one can seem to find out and information about where they completed their medical training the universities listed do NOT offer the academics they are claiming

moreover there is nothing in the scientific literature to suggest what they are providing has any benificial affects"

im wary of anyone who doesnt put their name to something and if this person really is a scientist l believe scientists here in the UK and in some other countries want years more of studying stem cells before they are used on the general population!! im in agreement that companies need to be checked though!
sharon

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Costa Rica

Hi Sharon,

The language that this so called scientist used doesn't fit with the way a degreed scientist would talk in my opinion. This is probably a do-it-yourself on the internet scientist who is proclaiming all of the things you mentioned. I have given you information before on the company in Costa Rica where Nassin's brother went. I would deal directly with them for any inquiries you may have. I believe that they are a licensee of the company you mentioned. Yes, beware, but don't listen to so called internet scientists either. Do your homework as you are doing and you will be able to make a decision based on what you find and from the experiences of those who have treatment as well as the doctors involved with these companies. Insist on talking to a doctor. You can google them to see what their credentials and background are and then ask all the questions you can think of. We have a list of references and companies in the book you will be getting. I have also found some publications I am going to recommend in another post today, but I have to do a few things first before undoubtedly devoting myself to the battle again for most of the day. We have had an onslaught lately of naysayers. Is it a full moon?

Additionally, Sharon if you would like to invite him to post in our fraudulent company category with supportable documentation for his claims, please invite this concerned citizen. A couple of the companies that he mentioned are dubious in my mind also mostly because of the cost. Anyone that is charging $30000+ had darn well provide me with a whole lot of patients I can talk to, backgrounds on their doctors, etc. and prove to me why their treatment would be better for me than one that costs much less and is working for me. I was accused on another forum of endorsing a company merely because they have a sponsor ad on this forum. We have invited other reputable companies to sponsor and this company happened to be the first to respond. We do not endorse any company on this forum. We are not doctors, nor do we claim to be. We are satisfied patients that are willing to let others intrude into our lives so that they too may have a future rather than dying unnecessarily of some horrible disease. We are looking for sponsors because of the fund we have established that one day will hopefully be able to provide someone who cannot afford the full cost of treatment another chance at life.

Last edited:

shazza

Hi Sharon,

The language that this so called scientist used doesn't fit with the way a degreed scientist would talk in my opinion. This is probably a do-it-yourself on the internet scientist who is proclaiming all of the things you mentioned. I have given you information before on the company in Costa Rica where Nassin's brother went. I would deal directly with them for any inquiries you may have. I believe that they are a licensee of the company you mentioned. Yes, beware, but don't listen to so called internet scientists either. Do your homework as you are doing and you will be able to make a decision based on what you find and from the experiences of those who have treatment as well as the doctors involved with these companies. Insist on talking to a doctor. You can google them to see what their credentials and background are and then ask all the questions you can think of. We have a list of references and companies in the book you will be getting. I have also found some publications I am going to recommend in another post today, but I have to do a few things first before undoubtedly devoting myself to the battle again for most of the day. We have had an onslaught lately of naysayers. Is it a full moon?

Additionally, Sharon if you would like to invite him to post in our fraudulent company category with supportable documentation for his claims, please invite this concerned citizen. A couple of the companies that he mentioned are dubious in my mind also mostly because of the cost. Anyone that is charging $30000+ had darn well provide me with a whole lot of patients I can talk to, backgrounds on their doctors, etc. and prove to me why their treatment would be better for me than one that costs much less and is working for me. I was accused on another forum of endorsing a company merely because they have a sponsor ad on this forum. We have invited other reputable companies to sponsor and this company happened to be the first to respond. We do not endorse any company on this forum. We are not doctors, nor do we claim to be. We are satisfied patients that are willing to let others intrude into our lives so that they too may have a future rather than dying unnecessarily of some horrible disease. We are looking for sponsors because of the fund we have established that one day will hopefully be able to provide someone who cannot afford the full cost of treatment another chance at life.
hi barbara
ive left quite a long letter questining the motives of "concerned biologist"
like l told you im very wary of anyone who does things anonymously and why does he/she only name one clinic and the others are reffered to by country?
in my post l caution anybody to check out a clinic before hand there money out but also say that for us it maybe the only chance for any of us to get any improvement and for many of us anything would be worth the chance to lead a normal life, l think we are the guinea pigs for this treatment and why dont the scientists moniter what happens to us!!
sharon

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
The "concern" is overwhelming, NOT

This is typical of these bashers. They don't seem to have any bone to their back if you know what I mean. I knew you would be on top of it for a good reply so that at least the others on the forum can think about what you have to say rather than just the concerned biologist. I posted a Time magazine article here yesterday and one of the parts of the article was that scientists are bemoaning the fact that in order to test the safety of stem cell therapy they really need humans to do this and yet how can they compromise the safety of a human by asking them to participate in clinical trials. I thought to myself how ridiculous all of this is when there are those of us who have willingly become guinea pigs and almost all of us would be willing to have a researcher, doctor or any legitimate group check us out and monitor our progress. There is a real problem going on here in the United States and perhaps in the UK too. Too much money is at stake for powerful pharmaceutical companies that actually do control our FDA to some extent. It is going to take a private group to blast this thing wide open and expose what is going on. The media is another example. They have yet to even figure out what stem cell therapy really is and most of the press goes to embryonic stem cell political grandstanding rather than informing the public of what is already available albeit not usually in the U.S. It's an uphill climb for sure. The great thing is that now that I have had my treatment, I can once again walk uphill and I intend to keep on truckin'.

Kendall

Treatment in Costa Rica

Hi, Has anyone had Stem Cell Therapy at Cell Medicine in San Jose, Costa Rica? Thank you!

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Costa Rica

Nassin's brother had successful treatment there for COPD and I believe Harv is considering it for cardiac treatment. You may want to contact them by private message to ask if you do not receive an answer on the open forum.

shazza

hi barbara

This is typical of these bashers. They don't seem to have any bone to their back if you know what I mean. I knew you would be on top of it for a good reply so that at least the others on the forum can think about what you have to say rather than just the concerned biologist. I posted a Time magazine article here yesterday and one of the parts of the article was that scientists are bemoaning the fact that in order to test the safety of stem cell therapy they really need humans to do this and yet how can they compromise the safety of a human by asking them to participate in clinical trials. I thought to myself how ridiculous all of this is when there are those of us who have willingly become guinea pigs and almost all of us would be willing to have a researcher, doctor or any legitimate group check us out and monitor our progress. There is a real problem going on here in the United States and perhaps in the UK too. Too much money is at stake for powerful pharmaceutical companies that actually do control our FDA to some extent. It is going to take a private group to blast this thing wide open and expose what is going on. The media is another example. They have yet to even figure out what stem cell therapy really is and most of the press goes to embryonic stem cell political grandstanding rather than informing the public of what is already available albeit not usually in the U.S. It's an uphill climb for sure. The great thing is that now that I have had my treatment, I can once again walk uphill and I intend to keep on truckin'.
l would willingly do a clinical trial if any were on offer for my illness, in my favourites theres listed universities, research clinics, ive also listed anything to do with a clinical trial and written to all of these places explaining my illness and putting my name forward for any future clinical trial!
sharon

Dr Jeff Peimer

Reply to concerned biologist

Dear Concerned Biologist.

The inferences you have made about Regenecell are incorrect. I am the resident physician and have a medical degree (MBChB - the equivalent of MD) from the University of Cape Town from which I qualified in 1989.

We understand that people with degenerative diseases can be misled by charlatans and therefore encourage patients to do research. We provide a link to the NIH and major research universities on our website. The cost you mentioned is excessive - our cost is Euro 12 000.

I would sincerely appreciate , if you mention Regenecell, that the correct information is cited. For any further information please do not hesitate to contact me at jeff@regenecell.com.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Message to Dr. Peimer

Dr. Peimer,

Someone who called himself "A Concerned Biologist" made these references. No one on this forum did and we certainly would like this so called biologist to post on here and back up his apparent accusations. I will be in touch with you and I am sure some to the other Pioneers will also. We certainly invite your opinions on this forum. Thank you.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Special message to Dr. Peimer

Dr. Peimer,

I don't know if you are aware of this, but Jeannine and I wrote a book called, "Stem Cell Pioneers". Your company is listed in our book under Resources for Stem Cell Therapy. We only selected companies that we felt were reliable, however, we do not endorse any of the companies that we list and ask readers to conduct their own research. The mysterious "concerned biologist" is still at large and sounds like a naysayer who is just trying to cause trouble for some malicious reason. This person is not a member of our forum. I am really happy that you have joined us.

shazza

hi jeff

welcome!!! some people on here have had stemcell transplants and some are like me and going to have them in the future!! l have a type of encephalitis called acute disseminated encephalomyelitis it left me unable to walk or talk my right side is paralysed and my left side was left weak. l was going to a clinic in rotterdam but it was closed by the dutch government late last year, im afraid my desperation got the better of me and l didnt research it thoroughly enough!! l dont ever want to make that mistake again, and am researching each clinic as much as l can, l want to be 100% certain that im handing my money over to the right people, im glad to have the chance to talk to a dr who has experience in this field!!!
sharon

shazza

hi jeff

Dear Sharon
know of a young girl
I am happy to answer any of your questions. You may also email me at jeff@regenecell.com.

Jeff
l had a type of encephalitis called acute disseminated encephalomyelitis, so far ive not come across anyone else whos been treated for it, but l know of a young girl who had treatment a few months ago in china, she had a different type of encephalitis but she got a virus when she came home and also had surgery and up to now shows no signs of improvment. do you know of anyone with this disease who has been treated?
sharon

Dr Jeff Peimer

Encephalitis

I do not know of anyone who has had treatment for that, but we do know that cells will enter the central nervous system, repair and regenerate neural cells. Why they work efectively in certain cns conditions and not others is unclear. Theoretically they should improve the patient's state of disability.

If the treatment in China did not include mesenchymal cells then maybe the patient still has a chance at responding to an injection of these cells.

Can you find out what kind of cells were used and also the method of infusion? The amount of cells (as long as more than about 4 million) is not as important as the method, type and quality.

Regards.

Jeff

shazza

hi jeff

l will ask and let you know the answer
just now l cannot tansfer out of my wheelchair and im very limited in what l can do, so just to be able to do that would make life so much better for me!
in fact there are so many things that could make my life so much easier, that l would be eternally grateful for even the slightest improvement!
sharon

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Amount of cells vs other factors

I think what Dr. Peimer says is the same as what I have been told by my doctor in that the amount is not as important as the method, type and quality. When Larry went he was given 110 million cells he was told. When Jeannine and I went, we were given 150 million cells (although silly me, I did not take the time to count them so I can't be 100% sure). When we asked why the difference, we were told that essentially the treatment could be effective with a far few number of cells being given. I am looking forward to what you find out also Sharon and we thank Dr. Peimer for taking his time to help on this forum.

Dr Jeff Peimer

number of cells

It costs about $500 to a $1000 to produce a vial containing 2 million good quality cells. How any company can give the large numbers you speak of, within a cost-effective range, is beyond my understanding. This is very suspicious. A placenta and cord will only yield about a million cells.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
A good question

Since I am not the one that has made this statement, I think it would be a good one for us to present to our other doctor that is going to participate in our "Ask the Doctor" segment. That way we don't have to just guess or wonder what someone means when they make a statement because it will come right from the source. I do not like one sided conversations, so this will give all who want to participate a chance to join in. I personally am not hung up on numbers at all which some may find shocking because I know that I feel great. I am looking forward to our new category and I think that it will be very beneficial for our forum members.