Medications

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I wanted to announce that I have reduced my use of Atrovent. The doctor has me taking 2 puffs 4X a day. I cut this down yesterday to 3X a day. My need for medication is slowing down fairly dramatically. I do not clock watch any more and I have to remind myself to take Advair twice a day. I don't even feel like I need it that much in the morning and I used to be so SOB I could barely take a shower without being in respiratory pain. That's a new term I just invented. Respiratory pain. I think you can all relate. The doctor where I had the treatment said many patients get off of all medications after stem cell treatments. I would be very happy to be one of those. I first started to notice the need was being decreased around the 7 week post treatment period. It has gotten even better in the last two weeks and I will decrease as I feel I can. When I think of all the different medications I have been given over the years, the horrible side effects Prednisone had gave me and the cost of all these things, I just wish that I had been able to have stem cell therapy years ago.

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
Barb

That's wonderful news!!

My husband gets angry with me because I hardly use my Xoponex inhaler or nebulizer anymore. I did resort to it for a few days this week because I had a slight cold, but I haven't has the need to use it today and it's already 1:00pm here.

Last edited:

Connie Golden

Post Stem Cell Medications

I have all the suggested supplements in hand, the StemEnhance is being shipped, I'm puffing away with my little yellow Power Lung but I'm still in a fog regarding which medications to continue and which to drop post treatment. Since I have received no written advise on this matter, I assume that this is covered by the Doctors in San Diego/Tijuana. You have mentioned other instructions such as no xrays for six months, staying away from microwaves, etc. Again, was this something that will be covered in California? I have read your texts that some meds are preferable over others.
Can someone enlighten me. I"m taking a different group of inhalers: Flovent, Pulmacort, Spiriva, Abuterol plus lasix, Singulair, Theo 24, Prednisone and Enbrel.

Say, do you charge by the hour?

Love you guys, Connie

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
Connie

Continue taking whatever it is you've been taking. If there is a need to change anything Dr F will let you know.

Bev12452

Dr f

are we ever going to have any contact with the infamous Dr F I have only had one short conversation with Dr r and she said Dr F was in Hawaii I am really looking forward to seeing him I have so many questions I hope he doesn't mind well we will be leaving in a week and I am getting nervous it is such a long trip but hubby is being so calm and sweet I think he knows I am having a little problem with everything I have a question for the forum about the stem enhance are you recommending it at 59 a bottle it is a little steep with everything else but if you think it is worth the money I will definitely get it my puppies will just have to go without a few toys for awhile they will have to wait for Santa Bev in FL

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
Bev

I've never met Dr F but I have spoken with him on several occasions and communicate via email with him on a regular basis. He had planned to be in San Diego by now but the sale of his medical practice in Hawaii fell through. He has said he is hoping to be there by the end of the year.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Meds

Connie - You seem to be taking a lot of meds. I would ask the doctor for sure. We are not doctors so that is certainly not anything I want to give advice about. Our doctor gave us a certain regimen he wanted us to follow which I did to the letter. I think he may have altered it to allow a patient to continue using his or her medicines that are working best for them, but again you really should ask. Remember, you are all Pioneers too. There may be things that are changed for good reason as this treatment becomes more and more refined. I think a plus for getting to continue with the meds you take now is that you already have the prescriptions for those. If the meds are not what you need, however, I think that a discussion with Dr. F is needed if you cannot get the information from Dr. R. One way or the other, you should check. Don't wait to receive something like this in the mail. I think I will try to slip this question in the "Ask The Doctor" column. It is a good one.

Bev - I cannot tell you one way or the other about Stem Enhance. Different people react differently. I have tried it, but as I said in the Stem Enhance thread, I don't believe it was a good time for me to evaluate it because I was unable to distinguish whether my treatment or the product was giving me an extra boost. I still wouldn't know. Maybe, others will join in on the Stem Enhance thread with their experiences. Danny said he got nothing from it. I have witnessed the good stuff it has done for Cathryn, so I don't know what to tell you. She is a dynamo. Someone told me that my problems would all be solved with Spireva. I never found that it did a bit of good and yet others swear by it. The only way to evaluate something like this is to try it yourself if you can and then report in the Stem Enhance thread. Even at that, it may vary in individual users. Remember, that Cathryn is a forum sponsor. This does not mean that we are endorsing the product. The same is true for the other forum sponsors. We have asked people to sponsor that we feel have products or companies that would be of interest to our forum members. Their sponsorship helps maintain this forum. If anyone knows of someone that would like to sponsor a link on this forum, please contact Jeannine. I think personally that the links are a feature that is interesting to our members.

Last edited:

rosech44

Stem Enhance

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't all the supplements we've purchased, to Enhance our cellls????? If that is the case, why take Stem Enhance, wouldn't that be like double dosing????? :confused: If the Dr. says to take it, I will, otherwise, I will stick to the Diet and the supplements I have already purchased.

Just my little brain talking----Rose

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Supplement confusion

Many of the supplements are to enhance the engraftment process and each one has a different purpose. Many are antioxidants, some protect against inflammation, others protect the vascular system, etc. Dr. F is actually writing a book on it which should be very interesting. Stem Enhance is not that type of product and should not interfere with the supplements you are given in the protocol. To me it gave me an energy boost.