Complete blood workup

Everett

It is important to not get too focused on our current health problems that we do not have a complete physical at least annually and a blood workup. It should be done fasting espicially for blood sugar. The good Dr F did one one me when I went for my stem cell transplant and I came up diabetic. It was prevalent on my mother's side of the family. I thought that I was going to escape the disease but no such luck. I have had it retested here at home but it was even worse here even fasting. Oh well---what's one more pill. I should be thankful its not an injection and I have mother's paraphenelia for testing so that's one plus. I go back to Dr. F Nov. 22nd and 23rd. It just so happens that the 23rd is our anniversary. Linda wont ever be able to say I never take her any where on our anniversary now will she?
God's Speed

Pat

Everett, I too am diabetic and get my testing supplies free through Medicare and my other insurance. Meters should be tested periodically to make sure they are accurate. There are several companies that offer free meters, testing strips, testing solution and lancets. I'd recommend going to a diabetic educator (ie a specially trained dietician that can help you control your disease with diet. You will need a referral from a physician. I always thought diabetes was pretty straight forward but have discovered it is a balancing act between eating enough carbohydrate, but not too much. . I haven't checked your blog...can you tell if you are any better? What did you have done? Pat

Everett

diabetes

Thanks Pat. I have made a feeble attempt in controlling it with diet but need to get with a diatician for serious care. I can proudly say tht I haven't had one bite of Blue Bell Ice Cream in several days. I was a pint a day man and do love it.A jouney of a thousand miles------------