antibiotic

Bev12452

OK group another question my local Dr's are not exactly behind me so I don't know if they will give me a script for the antibiotic so I call my new best friend Ana and she says they no longer do scripts for the antibiotic so does anyone have any suggestions or should I try to go on my trip without it and just load up on the vitamins Bev in FL

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Bev

I would try calling the doctor and explaining the problem to her. Ana is an administrator, but it may be that they do want your own doctor to prescribe these now. I don't know if it was a problem for them or what. Worse case scenario, have the doctor give you a prescription you can pick up once you reach San Diego. You can also try e-mailing Dr. F and asking him. I do know they seemed a little edgy about a person having a prescription prescribed by a doctor from another state, but that should not preclude them being able to get you a prescription in California that you could get filled once you got there. I think you said you were going early. Anyway, call Dr. R first and tell her the situation. Ana is not a doctor as you know. Then if no luck, I would for sure check with Dr. F if your own doctors refuse to do anything. That is a shame that you don't have their cooperation.

Bev12452

thank you again

once again you have come to my aid I called Ed yesterday and he gave me Dr F phone number and I left a msg but he hasn't gotten back to me if you could send me his email address I would really appreciate it I think he also has offices here in Florida so if he writes a script it would be from the same state I spoke to my Aunt last night and she suggested I just start taking airborne 1 week before I leave she swears by it but I don't know if it would interfere with the procedure again I want to thank you and Jeannine for everything I don't know what i would have done without the both of you I don't know how you did it without anyone to answer all the questions that have thrown at the two of you Bev in FL

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Antibiotics

Airborne shouldn't interfere with anything. I believe Larry took some because he flew. If you do not hear back from my doctor, try doing what I suggested as you will be going to California early. I became extremely ill in California a couple of years ago and a local doctor prescribed medications for me that I picked up at Long's Drug Store near Monterey. This should really not be a problem. Did you call Dr. R or just Ed? Jeannine and I probably had it easier than you all that are going now because no one knew anything. Sometimes things are simpler that way if that makes any sense.

Bev12452

well I used my last resort I called my GYN Dr and he was kind enough to return my call he will give me an antibiotic I just need to let him know which one I will need cause he generally doesn't take care of things that far up is the z pack what most of you took or something stronger he said he would help me anyway he could next time I go I am going to have to laugh at his stupid jokes Bev in FL

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Bev has really been creative

Bev - this is a new one and a source that the men on this forum will not be able to use I am afraid. Well, give that doc a star! I would go with either antibiotic you wish. Perhaps, if cost is a factor, find out which one is cheaper. Unfortunately, I did not have the option of an antibiotic pre treatment as you know from reading the frightening tale in our book.