15 month update

Howard

Hello evereyone.
I am still hanging around and continuing to improve...slowly, but surely. I recently registered a FEV1 of 17% so I am still gaining one percentage point per quarter instead of losing one. Therefore, I believe those little suckers are still working. My workout routine on the treadmill has now increased to 1.9 miles per hour for thirty minutes and I can do all of my exercising now on 1 Lpm oxygen. I haven?t been able to walk outside as much because of the colder temps but I spend less time on O2 in the house. I spent 41 hours last weekend without any at all. Of course, I didn?t do any serious physical activity at all. My hospice nurse said this week that one of my lungs sounds as strong as a ?normal? person?s. (Wonder if she could check my brain? Never mind!) I read the articles that have been appearing on the forum about Spiriva and told my Doc about them and he said that is a bunch of ?bull?. However, I cut back to taking it every other day and have not noticed any decrease in function and some of my ?shakiness? has eased. I am taking a new regimen of supplements as recommended by Doctor Fraden-Read at ?formerly? Stem Cell Biotherapy and I seem to be doing OK on them. My wife, and award-winning caregiver Susan, will vouch that I am a strange person....what works as advertised for some people has a negative affect on me and sometimes even serious effects. So we are surprised that what she recommended is doing good from the get go. Also, I forgot to mention in my last update that my doctor now considers me in ?stable? condition so I may be losing my hospice nurse shortly. That is good news but we are gonna miss her.

Merry Christmas to all and to all the wonderful little Stem Cells, Goodnight!

Mysty119

Howard

This is all great news, Howard. Especially the part where you continue to progress. Progressing slowly is better than not progressing at all. Hang in there. Sounds like you are doing really good with exercising. It truly DOES make a difference.
And a very Merry Christmas to you, too!!!!

Bev12452

congratulations

Great news Howard it gives the rest of us the hope for a Christmas miracle I do hope you continue to improve through the new year thanks for the great post do you mind sharing the supplement list Dr Read had given you I would love to stop some but not if it going to hurt the cells
Bev