Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AB Negative

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pat Chronister

Pioneer Member
Blood type

I asked what type of blood I have. Dr. said it wasn't in the file and unless there had ever been a reason to know it - e.g., transfusion, etc - it was not an automatic part of patient's file. He wouldn't order it done just for my curiosity. He said anyone with universal blood type (forget whether that's O positive or negative) can be a donor with their blood available for anyone EXCEPT another universal donor. "Universal blood" donor cannot receive transfusion of universal blood. They have a choice of two other blood types (forget which ones he said). Thought I'd mention this bit of info - hope I got it right!

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
Pat

That's probably true. The only reason I found about my blood type is because my husband and I had the RH factor and they needed to tell me because I had negative blood and my husband had positive, so when my children were born their blood types were tested immediately so if they had positive blood I needed a shot to protect future pregnancies. It's called RH factor and 2 of my 4 kids had positive so I needed shots.

Pat Chronister

Pioneer Member
Blood Type

Jeannine, For my education, why would you need a shot AFTER child birth to protect you from FUTURE pregnancy problem?