We need to take Vitamin C+E daily for Emphysema/COPD

Vancouverman

Hello Dear people

I read an interesting science paper. There were tests done on mice. They developed emphysema due to cigarettesmoke.

And after they developed emphysema they got treatment with Vitamin C+E. And it seems to repair and fix some of the collagen and Elastin fibers in the lung. Unfortunately it did not completely reverse emphysema. But at least it did really repair something fundamental in the lungs.. And it seems to generate new elastin fibers "de novo"..

I will take vitamin c+e supplements from now on. At least its not toxic...

Supplementation with vitamins C and E improves mouse lung repair

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I have taken C and E for years. I take both the Gamma E and Natural E. I use Life Extension brand as we offer them on our SeaChange site and I believe they are excellent quality. I think it is wise to avoid synthetic E and some types of C that aren't that absorbent however.

http://www.levitamins.com/96632/Home

Vancouverman

hello. yes that sounds interesting. So that means you have taken these vitamins for many years. But now you don't take any Vitamin pills anymore?

How is Jeannine doing? Did she already have her valves for the lungs? Well I cant wait to see her improvements then.. I wish her the best health..

greetings.

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
Vancouver - No valves for me. They claimed my DLCO was too low even though everything else was fine. The trial has strict guidelines from the FDA and they dare not risk it.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Vancouverman - I still take both forms of Vitamin E daily as well as C and quite a few other supplements.