use of LDN for COPD

barb s

I have read that taking LDN- low dose naltrexone is helpful for COPD patients because it boosts the immune system, and that Auto immune Disease is a component of COPD. You must have a Doctor write a script for it. Does anyone take this and if so, how is it working for you? Are there side effects?
I would like to know more about this!

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
It dawned on me that there has been some previous discussion on LDN before on this forum. If you click on search and put in the word Naltrexone, the threads will come up that address the subject. One of our members, Gator, who has MS did add Naltrexone to his regimen. His thread is one that will come up in the search.

There is also an organization that has been formed to study its potential.

http://www.lowdosenaltrexone.org/

alg

Just a thought

Just a thought !

If the immune system is a problem with COPD then why do you want to "BOOST" it, wouldn't this cause additional worsening ?

The immune system is so complex what part of it is "BOOSTED" ?

barb s

Ldn

Just a thought !

If the immune system is a problem with COPD then why do you want to "BOOST" it, wouldn't this cause additional worsening ?

The immune system is so complex what part of it is "BOOSTED" ?
LDN supposedly would help the immune system to work better than before. Auto Immune Disease is one where your immune system is not working as it should.