Two Month Update

Howard

Update

My PFT yesterday was a bit confusing. After the first two tests the operator reported the FEV1 results as 17, the third one dropped to 15 (understandable). After a couple of shots of Albuterol it shot up to 19. When we were leaving and got a copy of the results it only read the 15. I guess they "book" the lowest number. Anyway, August it was 14 so any improvment in an unimprovable disease is progress. Prior to this test I was losing a point a quarter, thus we are happy with the results. But, you should have seen Susan jumping up and down when she heard that 17, not only once, but twice. I'm happy.

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
Howard

Every little bit helps when it comes to your FEV1.

Mine had dropped to 27% by August 2006 but lately it is 30-31% where it was two years ago so I can't complain and that is before inhalers. Of course I would prefer a normal FEV1 but we need to be happy with what life hands us don't we?

Howard

30-31 was where I was when I was retired in 1990 with one Proventil (sp) inhaler. Told a friend the other day if I could get back there I would be ecstatic.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Howard is up!

I think we all have the potential to get our FEV1 numbers up. I am still feeling like I am improving and I am at the 8 month mark. I think this is good news for you Howard, but more importantly, to me is that I feel so much better. I think you are feeling better also. I am not too test oriented, so when I can just feel 25, then 50, then 75% better than I did, I consider that great progress. I am not by any means the way I was before any symptoms of COPD appeared, but I am now at the point where I can wake up everyday and not guess if I will be able to do anything but sit on the couch. I can go without O2 frequently and I never have that feeling like some huge weight is on my chest. I don't have much mucous problem and I have lots of energy to do what I want. I am still hopeful that someday I can reach 100 percent and it may be with complementary treatments besides just having stem cell therapy. I continue to explore such things as laser, HBOT, GenF20 product, and a few others.