treatment for COPD

katebraque

I have just returned from receiving adult stem cell treatment for COPD. The treatment was given on 8/8/08. I am noticing small changes and my body is feeling energized. Will report on a weekly basis. I feel good about this.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Thanks Kate for letting us know. For other members, this was a private trial that Kate participated in using autologous stem cell treatment. I am looking forward to hearing your progress reports. When the green light is given, we can give more information on this new company, but they are still in the testing stage at this time.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Jeff - From time to time, new companies may conduct private trials. This is what Kate participated in. At this time, I don't believe that Kate is able to give any more information because many companies do want complete confidentiality from participants until the trial is complete. Hopefully, this is soon and information will then be given out. I am also participating in a trial next month and will report as soon as I can. I did e-mail the coordinator of the trial Kate was in and at this time, the company is not ready to release information.

jeff1226

Stem Cell Trial

Thanks Barbara for your reply to my message to Kate. I know that the participants in a clinical trial are bound by confidentiality and that the results of a trial are not available until completion of the trial. However, the identity of the trial and where it is being conducted is not confidential. If it is a clinical trial in the US, the name of the trial, eligibility criteria and locations for the trial are listed on the clinical trials government web site. The only clinical trial of stem cells for COPD that I am aware of is by Osiris for Prochymal. Perhaps Kate went outside the US and the "trial" is not being conducted by a known pharmaceutical company or research facility. Please clarify if possible. Thanks, Jeff

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Jeff - You are correct. This is a privately held company conducting a trial outside the US. The participants are bound by a confidentiality agreement.