This helps me breathe

jgp

Barb; started to get short winded and I look up this old article that helped before. The website is http://perf2ndwind.org/html/breathing.html one of the exercises that helps a lot of people and not only copd patients. The last exercise chest excursion which wakes up intercostal muscles that we as we age, forget to use. It is easy to do and results some times can be amazing. Hope this helps. God bless jgp

terryl

Third stem cell treatment

Thank you jgp for this excellent article. I hope you are feeling better!
Good morning Barb and all. I too am getting short of breath and am contemplating going for my third stem cell treatment. I had two done in Dallas in 2013. Both worked for about a month.

The clinic I am looking at is in Manhattan, KS. They charge $8900 for the first treatment and $6900 for the second. If you desire, they will freeze your cells after the first treatment so they don't have to stick you again on the second. My first and second treatments were $5000 and $2000 respectively.

Is $8900 the new going rate? For that money, does anyone know of a better place for treatment? Has the protocol changed in the last couple years? Has anyone been healed?

I do agree with Barb that relieving the inflammation is half the game and, if even for a month of normal breathing and living, $8900 would be money well spent.

Anyone have any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions.

Thanks in advance
Terry

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Terry - Is there something that the clinic in Manhattan is doing that impressed you over others? Storing the cells is indeed an advantage in my opinion, but I would want to know what other clinics are charging if storing is the only difference in protocol. Have you inquired anywhere else?

terryl

Terry - Is there something that the clinic in Manhattan is doing that impressed you over others? Storing the cells is indeed an advantage in my opinion, but I would want to know what other clinics are charging if storing is the only difference in protocol. Have you inquired anywhere else?
I chose them because, one, it is an easy drive from the house, two, all three doctors there have been treated themselves, orthopedically, and three, they are part of the Cell Surgical Network. Since my first two treatment were done by the Cell Surgical Network, I thought I would get a break on the price. No luck!

I did check into santos group in Honduras and they claimed anywhere from 300 to 600 million cells transferred and the price was around $10,000. It sounded good but, I would need a passport and be away from my home concentrator for about 4 days.

I am open to suggestions.

Thanks again
Terry

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
The price is ouchy for sure, but then so is the clinic in Honduras, not to mention the cost of getting there. Is it also an adipose treatment? Are these therapies all same day, IV infusion?

terryl

The price is ouchy for sure, but then so is the clinic in Honduras, not to mention the cost of getting there. Is it also an adipose treatment? Are these therapies all same day, IV infusion?
Yes, it is adipose, takes about 3 hours start to finish, is IV'ed and nebulized. Here is there website kansasrmc.com. I can fly to Tampa pretty cheap on Aligant Air or drive to Dallas in about 10 hours from the midwest. Looking for ideas and experience.

Thanks again
Terry

terryl

Sorry I wasn't clear. Is the clinic in Honduras doing adipose?
Per santoh, also known as stemcells, and Ken West from GARM in Honduras, first my question, then his answer. Do you know of 4 clinics that have a leg up on all others? Thanks and belated Happy Thanksgiving! Terry

Good afternoon Kenwest!

I have been following you on Stem Cell Pioneers and had the usual questions. How many COPD treatments has your clinic done, what is the success rate, is it strictly adipose, how many cells do you return, how long does one stay at the treatment center, is one treatment enough, and finally, what is the cost and is it all inclusive, minus airfare?

Thanks in advance
terryl

Sent from Windows Mail

Ken West
AttachmentsOct 30

to me
Terryl,

Let me address your questions to the best of my ability. We currently use a process to separate cells for human fat (adipose tissue) that allows us to treat patients via nebulizer. Our process was developed and exists in only 4 clinics in the world. All other clinics use a method that separates stem cells from fat with enzymes. The resultant stromal vascular fraction (SVF) contains less progenitor cells and is "thicker" which makes delivery of SVF via nebulizer possible only by further diluting the SVF. Usually they dilute with Sterile Saline, but the result is that patients get a very small amount of stem cells during treatment resulting in patients having to have multiple treatments.

Our process, which is a proprietary, is mechanical, using no drugs, enzymes or other chemicals. We deliver 300 - 600 million cells per a 20cc volume. This is the most important and significant difference between GARM (Global Alliance for Regenerative Medicine) and all other providers. As I stated there are 3 other clinics that use a very similar process and we stay in contact with them. This process is quite new and we treated our first 4 patients on June 4 & 5 this year. I am pleased to say that two of those four patients have given up all supplemental oxygen. One during his seventh week after treatment and one just this month about 4 months after treatment.. The other two have significantly reduced their supplemental oxygen levels and continue to improve.

The other 3 clinics have had similar experiences but I cannot provide an exact number of patients at this time. The process takes about 2 - 3 hours total and while we accept the possibility that some patients might need repeat treatments, we have yet to do so as we are new to this process. However, we do treat many other illnesses and injuries and after treating thousands of patients, we have NEVER given a second treatment to a patient.

We believe that this is due to our process. To be clear we have used this process for 4 years but have recently "fine tuned it" to the point that allow us to treat COPD without having to dilute the SVF. Our process delivers to highest number of cells in the industry without any drugs of chemicals.

The cost is $9995.00 and rooms at the Parrot Tree Plantation are all suites with full kitchen, laundry, etc. Suites are $150 per night tax and breakfast included. Roatan, Hn. is a 2 1/2 hour flight from Houston and similar flights are available from Miami and Atlanta.

I just re-read your email to make sure I had answered all of your questions. The one I had not addressed is if we use only adipose tissue. Yes we use only adipose tissue for many reasons. Most importantly there are more stem cells in adipose and there are better cells in adipose. See Reference 1 below.

1. http://online.liebertpub.com/doi/abs/10.1089/scd.2011.0722
Same or Not the Same? Comparison of Adipose Tissue-Derived Versus Bone Marrow-Derived Mesenchymal Stem and Stromal Cells
Stem Cells and Development. September 20, 2012, 21(14): 2724-2752. doi:10.1089/scd.2011.0722.

Also I am attaching our Patient Education Reference Guide for COPD. In it, we reference seven articles about COPD and stem cell therapy and over 50 articles all together.

I hope this answers your questions. I am available by phone at (504) 957-4353. Also please note that Dr. Glenn Terry, the Medical Director of GARM will be the the guest doctor for the "Ask the Doctor" segment for stemcellpioneers.com in December.

Warmest Regards,

Ken West