terminally ill people end their own lives.

grimm

IT'S EASIER TO DIE THEN THEN GETTING ACCESS TO LIFE SAVING DRUGS THAT ARE TIED UP FOR YEARS IN TRIALS.

Even under current laws it's very difficult to get someone to talk to.
Many terminal patients can't even get information from several drugs in the research labs,
all they do is send you to their site of current trials which are very, very hard to qualify for.
Drugs in the lab are for the most part off limits. Many die waiting !

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is this the answer to the problem;

SACRAMENTO, Calif. — In a landmark victory for supporters of assisted suicide, the California State Legislature on Friday gave final approval to a bill that would allow doctors to help terminally ill people end their own lives.

Four states — Oregon, Washington, Montana and Vermont — already allow physicians to prescribe life-ending medication to some patients. The California bill, which passed Friday in the State Senate by a vote of 23-14, will now go to Gov. Jerry Brown, who will roughly triple access to doctor-assisted suicide across the country if he signs it. Mr. Brown, a former Jesuit seminarian, has given little indication of his intentions.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
No, it is not the answer in my opinion. Changing the regulatory system to allow access (Right to Try), making it easy for patients to navigate how to do it and include all medications and therapies (i.e. stem cells) is a much better option.

grimm

Trials and such

My intention is to draw attention to the treatments in the labs and university trials that are unavailable to just about everyone. I know this because I have 5 drugs and other treatments in my file, I've done the research on them and (they are working great in the lab).

The FDA just changed the Expanded compassionate use laws , for the better but still a far cry from what it should be.
The right to try laws are useless.

Stem cells , Gene therapy, Cancer stem cell vaccines and checkpoint inhibitors.
these are just a few of the treatments.

The problem is not if they work but how to get a treatment to someone who's dying.
Stem cells are playing a major part in many , many health conditions , money is playing a bigger part.

Barbara , For all you do there's no greater reward then having someone say
"THANK YOU " and meaning it.

Last edited:

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Thank you grimm. You are a valuable member of the Stem Cell Pioneers. I appreciate your comment more than you will know.

I agree that the problem is access. Clinical trials should be open to any and everyone in my opinion. Also, any experimental treatment should be made easily available once proof of concept and safety are established. What the FDA and the naysayers are doing now, is basically legalized murder.