Step 1 and Step 2

Mysty119

For those of you who have had the stem cell therapy---
Step 1 would be an x-ray, a report, a CT scan or Pulmonary Function Test, perhaps. Ones that were done PRE-stem cell therapy.
Step 2 would be a second one of these types of testing done POST stem cell therapy.
I know some of you have written of some differences you've felt and experienced that have happened to you. But have you had any of these tests done where you or you doctor could "see" a physical improvement in your lungs?
I know I'm going to have some second tests done after my therapy just so I can hang the new results up where everyone can see them!!!!!

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Excellent idea. My only caution would be not to have the post testing done too soon. I was getting asked if I had testing done a couple of months after I had therapy. I seriously do not enjoy visiting my doctor that much to just go in for "fun" and at two months, to me, it would have just been silly. Others that do not suffer from diseases such as COPD are going to know whether stem cell therapy has helped them in measurable ways or not without visiting their doctors. If a person can start walking again for instance, this is going to be obvious to everyone. Sick lungs don't show they say so for those with similar situations, testing would be the only way to scientifically test progress. I am sure this is why the Osiris trial will be for a full year so that progress can be measured and documented.

J

JC the Fox

Osiris testing

Even though I didn't get into the Osiris trial, I was given all the protocol procedures that would be followed. 4 injections by IV were to be given in 30 day intervals, and new spirometry tests would be performed monthly for a year, as would a 6-minute walking test.

When Osiris will publish the test results is not indicated; but, there will be a lot of quantitative information gathered each month.