Stem Cells for Addison's Disease?

Animalca

I'm a new member with a daughter who has pulmonary hypertension. We have been exploring stem cells treatments for her, and in the process, a friend whose daughter has ADDISON'S DISEASE has asked me to be on the lookout for any stem cell treatment that might help her daughter. Does anyone know of stem cell treatments that might benefit someone with Addison's Disease?

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I would be more than happy to ask some of our doctor participants if they are treating it. Let me know if you would like me to do that. Perhaps, someone else will respond too.

Animalca

Addison's Disease treated with stem cells?

Barbara, that would be so much appreciated, thank you! Addison's is not a "sexy" disease (in the words of one doctor/researcher) as there are so few people who have it. If any of the people you know might know anything about the possibility of treating it with stem cells my friends and I would greatly appreciate it!

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I have heard back from two sources. One said no and the other said they have not treated it, but would be willing to. If you are interested, let me know.

Animalca

Addison's Disease treated with stem cells?

Yes, I think the parents would be very interested to communicate with the person who said they would be willing to treat their daughter with Addison's disease. Let me get a hold of them and ask them to communicate directly with you...thank you!

danc

addisons

Please do send on any information or persons directly to me. thank you. I will communicate with my daughter about it directly. Please let me know the name of the doctor and where he is located. My daughter is based in Portland area.