Stem Cell Treatment 1-31-08 :)

B.J.

Hi All, Hope this finds everyone doing well.

I had my stem cell transplant Jan31,08 and wanted to share my experience with you all.

I went because I have and Autoimmune Disease which is call Polymyositis/myopathy/myositis. It is very rare and over the last 12 yrs I have exhausted all medical,medications, etc. that were used to treat my disease without any results except my Cell Cept :( transplant Drug ) which helps to keep my CPK'S down.
Now, for my journey of researching Stem Cell transplant which I have been doing for a few years now. Finally I was running out of time and I did not have 5-10 years to wait to see if and when FDA would approve this treatment for my disease in the USA. With much research and sleepless nights on the computer I finally made a decisions to go through the Stem Cell Transplant and SCB seem to be the right one for me and the closest to where I live.

I have to say that my experience with SCB was a very good one as everyone at SCB could not have been more helpful with all of me questions. I was bless to meet Audie, his wife Sherry, Leon, Andrea, her husband Lee and her daughter Michelle. Oh such sweet kind and loving people and I know that our bond together will last forever.

The trip into Mexico went very smooth and the Clinic was very nice and of course very sterile. The treatment for me went very well, no allergic reactions and only took about 30 minutes at most. They even allowed pictures to be taken through the entire process. Certainly getting the stem cell transplant was one of the most important things I have ever done in my life and to have it on pictures if wonderful.
Casey from SBC was with us the entire trip and was in the room through the whole procedure and the Dr. there was great and explained every thing that was happening in detail. Entering Mexico and coming back through security was very smooth and did not take long at all. This was great as we were all very tired and ready to get back to our hotel.
I know it has only been 6 days since my Stem Cell Transplant and I am able to move my toes and I could not do before. Does it mean that the Stem Cells are beginning to find their place in my body in this short time?? I cannot answer that right now however, it does seem strange that this is happening only after the transplant and I over all feel wonderful so far. Hopefully there will more and more improvement over the months to come.

I know this has been long and if you are still reading God Bless you! :) I just wanted to share what has and is happening with ME and hope to have more updates very soon that I will share with you all.

Everyone hang in there and never give up hope.

Does this make me a True Stem Cell Transplant Pioneer :D !?

Miracles can and do happen!!

Last edited:

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
BJ

That is fabulous news. And yes, Barb and I noticed some improvements fairly early on but then they would go away and only to return a few days later. It was a three steps forward and two steps back journey for many months. Lately the roller coaster ride is on its final ride I think. Not some many ups and downs and I am fairly sure I will feel the same way every day - much better than I did a year ago. I would say my health has improved about 60% over what it had been.

I am so glad to hear you had such a positive experience and I hope the others who went with you will post about their expereiences as well.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
BJ gains Pioneer status

B.J. - Such great news to hear that everything went smoothly and you are wiggling your toes. That is no coincidence. Yes, you are a true Pioneer and you may now add your treatment date to your signature if you would like. Check Forum 101 for the instructions and welcome back! I look forward to many (long is okay by me) more updates from you.

rosech44

Welcome New Pioneer

BJ----Great Post, Thankyou, And It Wasn't To Long. It Was Very Informative, We Will Be Watching For Your Future Updates, Telling Us Of All The Improvements---Keep A Positive Attitude

Best Wishes

shazza

hi

its wonderful news bj!!! im in touch with the SCB clinic and hope to go there very soon!!!
sharon

B.J.

So Thankful !

Rose,Barbara,Jeannine and Sharon,

Thanks for caring and I feel as if a hugh load has been lifted off of me since the stem cell transplant as I was under so much stress for so many years researching and wondering what I should are should not do. Just the thought of my disease progressing to the point that I can no longer take care of myself and depending totally on others to care for me was just a nightmare for me. I just can not do that to my family.

I now feel like I have done everything I can possible do and with God's help the stem cell transplant cells will find their way to where every my body needs them and I will start to recover at least to the point I can start to do little things without asking for help. I think we have all been guilty of taking life for granted during the days where we could just jump up and do things without thinking about how our body is working for us. Now we know how precious every little breath is and ever step that we take. Our bodies are truly amazing.

Thank you all again for your support as it means the world to me.

ccadams

great news BJ

great news could you pass along the contact info of clinic in mexico
thank-you
carol conforti-adams

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
It's on its way

Carol - You may have received other replies, but I will send you various resource information in a private message.

Jody

Barbara, I'm a new member as of today. I'm very interested in the Mexico clinic. Would you email me also?
Thanks,
Jody

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Welcome Jody

Jody - Welcome aboard. I have sent you an e-mail with the information you requested.

Sammi

Research

I love hearing your messages and am happy to hear the positive ones. I am doing some research for my sister because she is really interested, but seems to be overwhelmed and also leary. She's has tried so many treatments but nothing has worked for her yet. Please post any new updates with how you are doing since the treatments. I am new to this forum. Sammi

stem cell treatment 1/31/08

hI B.J. that's such great news. I think we are all finding out how our bodies are changeing. I've noticed that my fingernails are stronger, more energy and for the last 3 days I've used my Albuterol inhaler 3 times. That's a lot less than the normal 8-10 times a day. So you know, we really did the the right thing by making that trip to Mexico. Plus, we got to meet some great people. Keep up the good work, Patty

Patty

treatment 1/31/08