Stem Cell Therapy Awareness Day

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
One of our forum members, Kaye, suggested that a stem cell awareness day might not be a bad idea. Then it was found that there was one already in California and another global effort to have a day for stem cell awareness.

It was decided by the ICMS core group that this was still a good idea. I expanded the idea to make it Stem Cell Therapy Awareness Day and that is what it will be. We are hoping that the Texans for Stem Cell Research will join forces with ICMS to make this a reality. They have indicated an interest. They have a great group that has had a positive influence on stem cell issues in Texas. We are shooting for next spring in Austin if all goes well and it will include a rally at the capital.

We are needing to make an all out effort to get the membership up for supporters of ICMS. If you have not joined or have not asked your family and friends to join, now is the time. It is simple, takes just a few moments and it shows the world you are serious about safe stem cell treatment becoming a reality all across the U.S. and the world. ICMS is a non profit group. They have no interest in anything other than bringing safe stem cell therapy to us. If you have not joined, go to www.safestemcells.org and do so. Send this out to your circle of friends. Post it on Facebook or My Space or your own blog. Let's really work at getting more supporters. You don't need to be sick or know anyone that's sick to care about stem cell therapy. Some day you just might need it however so there is no time like the present to get behind this grassroots effort.

I want to thank Kaye for coming up with this idea. Any time that anyone on this forum has an idea for ICMS don't hesitate to post it. It's all of us that are going to make this happen. If you have a doctor who supports stem cell therapy or gives treatments, please urge them to sign up at www.stemcelldocs.org

Kaye

Stem Cell Awareness

Barbara,
Thank you for the credit, but I think it was SammyJo's idea. Hopefully when the public sees that doctors and patients are supporting it, they will support it also. I am still having trouble getting people to realize that we are talking about cells taken from our own bodies. Sometimes I can see the realization come over their face - yea, I made a difference.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I do want to give credit where credit is due, so thank you SammyJo. It will take awhile for some people to grasp the concept of how our own stem cells can help us if we are already sick. All you can do is keep up the hard work and not get discouraged as you are doing. When the idea hits the mark, it is rewarding.

I also want to thank each and everyone of you that are working to get the word out and membership numbers up for ICMS. It will make great press to be able to announce a substantial number of members when we start giving press releases for the Stem Cell Therapy Awareness Day and other functions that ICMS will have a presence at.