Stem Cell Side Effects ??

Ed in NH

Hi All:

I've been wondering if anyone has experienced side effects attributable to your stem cell therapy. It seems that virtually anything you put in your body will cause some unknown (not necessarily unwanted) side effects, however subtle. Maybe stem cells, by their nature, do not cause any side effects; but I must admit that just doesn't ring true.

Anyway, in my internet travels I came across a few obscure (and perhaps purely anecdotal) articles on stem cell side effects. An example of such is found here:

http://www.chestjournal.org/cgi/content/abstract/126/2/642

Don't get me wrong. I'm not looking to poke holes in the efficacy of stem cell therapy (as it looks like I will be trying same) or burst anyone's particular bubble. I am simply hoping you folks might share any negative/unwanted side effects from your treatment(s).

Peace

Ed

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Side effects

Hi Ed -

You're darn right there can be side effects, especially if you get contaminated cells. This is one reason I am really pushing the safety issue as far as certification goes from companies that are doing uc cell treatments. I believe as time goes on and more treatments are given and results are documented that more side effects will be known. These could include the proliferation of cancer cells if someone were in a pre cancerous state prior to treatment. There are also things such as hot flashes that I have incurred and others have reported such things as more shortness of breath, swollen ankles, and sleepiness. I am sure our members can contribute more. Some positive side effects include increased energy, hair growth, relief from arthritis, a more positive attitude, etc.

jill

Banned
Side effects

A couple of day's after my treatment I had swollen gland's in my neck,they went away in a few day's,and an overall "yuk" feeling.
I'm still sob but it's only been 3 week's

side effects

Hi Ed,
I had my stem cell treatment 6 months ago today and have had not one side effect. My breathing is better , I have more energy, I can now go up stairs with no problem and just feel good. Don't get me wrong, I have had some bad days but they are few and far between. I would do it all over again if I needed to. Take care, Patty

Had treatment 1/31/08

Mysty119

Patty

I am so glad you posted this. It gives me so much hope as I will be going for my cells soon. I am very happy for you.