Stem cell for brain injury

jillybug

i have recently started researching stem cell treatment for my 8 year old daughter who fell ill with encephalitis 2 years ago resulting in extensive brain damage. I am finding it hard to dig through all the information available online because it tends to be biased one way or another. I was hoping that people would be able to tell me their personal experiences to help guide me through the process and decision making.

Thanks,

Jillian

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
When you say researching, do you mean searching for clinics that say they treat brain injury or are you researching scientific journals and possible clinical trials?

jillybug

I guess a bit of both. I am looking through research studies that were done to help decide if stem cell treatment is a good option for us to try. I guess our biggest concern wouldn't be if the treatment itself had success or not but that we are unsure if we would be putting her at risk for something unforeseen that might arise from the treatment itself. There are currently some places that say they will do the treatment however they are offering different options of treatments etc its hard to pick through and find the best option especially having to make such a decision relying only on online resources

pink7

stem cell for brain injury

My friend's child has a similar condition as your daughter. She took her child to Panama for stem cell treatment and this was 9 months ago.There is improvement in speech and also better cognition. There is no improvement to short term memory.