shouldering on

blotr01

Hello,

I have recently been diagnosed with severe arthritis in the shoulder. The arthritis is a result from a nasty infection after rotator cuff surgery and have been actively looking into stem cell therapy and gathering as much information as possible. Being to young and to active for a complete shoulder replacement surgery I was hoping that I might come across some threads where some one has gone through with stem cell treatment of the shoulder and has given feedback as to how they have faired since. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
You might check with Regenexx. I believe that other clinics would also have treatments for arthritis, but Regenexx specializes in orthopedic stem cell treatments. Some people who have arthritis do report that it completely disappears after they have stem cell treatment even though the arthritis is not what they were being treated for. Hopefully, someone else will respond to your post that has had experience along these lines.

Judy3

Hope so--I need some arthritis stem cells. At my last appt. with Dr. Grekos he mentioned the clinic in Denver (I think it was).

blotr01

Barbara,

Thanks for your reply. I actually ran across Regenexx's web site a little over a month ago when I was looking for some recent advances in treating arthritis. I went ahead and filled out the online questioner and I received an response from them that day. I have not sent them my MRI's and the findings report mainly because I was hoping to get some feedback, weather it be positive or negative, about having this procedure done in the shoulder joint.

So far I've read postings about successful arthritic knee, hip, ankle, and hand procedures but not much has been reported about the shoulder. On Regenexx's web site their is one case of a shoulder that has been treated for arthritis where they show the before and after treatment MRI's and it clearly shows that synovial fluid is again present in the joint but again this is only one example of a successful treatment. I hope this doesn't sound like I'm second guessing the treatment that people have recieved at Regenexx, I'm actually very positive that this may be exactly what I need but I guess I'm looking for more positive feedback before I make the ultimate decision.