SCB: File BBB Complaint

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
BB is the best defense - Buyer Beware

I am not sure how effective this would be as treatment given by this company does require you to sign a release form that pretty much lets them off the hook for anything. It's not a money back guarantee or anything like that and poor customer service (as far as pre treatment goes) is probably not something the BBB would do a thing about. Again, buyer beware in these types of situations.

Tami03

Re stemcell Biotherapy

First let me say that I took my 18 month old daughter on MAy22 of 2008 and have been treated very well by everyone at Stemcell Biotherapy. The doctors are wonderful and the staff go above and beyond any I have ever seen. My questions were answered my fears were put to rest and the entire experience was more than I ever dreamed of. Stemcell Biotherapy gave me hope for my daughter they were the only ones to ever do so. I don't have ANY complaints and I owe them so much for giving my baby a chance where no one else ever would.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I am glad you had a good experience there. I also did at first. Please keep us posted as to your daughter's progress. I sincerely hope the treatment will help.
I do believe that SCB accepts all patients that apply. Many companies are restricted as far as age and disease, some for good reason.

Last edited:

Tami03

Re stemcell Biotherapy

SCBI have been nothing if not completely supportive and generous to a fault. There may be people out there who aren't as determined as I am about finding and securing treatment. But if you are SCBI is for you. SCBI is the only company in which I entrusted my daughter's life to. That should stand for something. I would consider everyone at SCBI to be a part of my extended family. I am the type of mom who fights for her children and I have and will continue to do so. All her American doctors didn't want me to have this procedure, my husband was against it and so were my family. But I fought and won the most important people over, my husband and my family. I hope that whoever does the research for themselves or their loved ones that they make their own judgements and use their own experiences, which is hard because it is scary to make that leap but their are people out there who can support you and encourage you in whatever decision you may come to and wherever you do decide to go.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Red Flag warning still in effect for SCB

I am very happy that you are satisfied, however, the forum has red flagged SCB because of issues such as not providing certification for proof of purity of the cells. Safety has to overcome every other issue there is in my opinion. Were you given a certificate of purity? If so, perhaps they have had time to reevaluate their policy of not providing it. Until this issue is cleared up, this forum will continue with their Buyer Beware warning issued for this company. Several people have landed in the hospital after treatment or become very ill. There is absolutely no proof that this had anything to do with their stem cell therapy at SCB, however, when two people go on the same day and come down with the same thing, I would have to ask is it coincidence or is it something else? I can speak from experience as I was one of these people. At the time, I believed everything I was told from SCB, but I no longer find that I can do that. I have learned too much in the time since I have had therapy. This is my personal accounting and I have been told by others that they shared a similar experience.
It's not really nice we are talking about here, but something well beyond that. Again, just my opinion.

Tami03

Re stemcell Biotherapy

it isn't worth it. Good luck with all your interests but I have found that stemcell pioneers is not the place for me. There are so many people out there looking for help that if I can help one person than I will but the founder I have been coorsponding with seems to want to black list a company who can help so many people. To me there seems to be underlining issues with that. So I wish you all well and good luck in all your treatments and research.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Safety before kindness

Tami - I am trying to get a point across that safety is something very important. I am glad you had a great experience. You did not let us know if you were given a certificate of purity, but perhaps you don't find this important. I have no underlying issues on this forum. Jeannine has also posted her concerns about what has happened to several of our members. She spent 8 days in the hospital. You are free to have your opinion, but your daughter just got treatment. I know you are excited, but please come back with your comments six months to a year from now and give us an update. I initially was as excited as you. I am not trying to undermine your enthusiasm. I have asked the CEO of SCB to comment on his certification program and his reply was something similar to yours. Where does that get anyone? Other companies are providing certification, why isn't SCB? You are a good cheerleader for them, but you are not going to convince me that anyone should disregard safety because people are friendly or helpful. I was a patient there, I did have some improvement, but certainly not what was promised. I also was extremely ill after treatment and also when I had the infusion, I literally collapsed. The CEO was filming the treatment, but the camera was immediately turned off. I was told that this type of reaction happened a lot. Now, I am finding out from reliable sources that this type of thing should never happen. Why turn off the camera? Why not inform a person that this type of thing could happen? This forum was started because no one gave Jeannine or me any help as to what we should expect when we got treatment or when we went home after our treatment. We felt totally isolated. The forum is for support and stem cell discussion. You would come across as a more reliable source if you simply stated how your daughter had improved with a time line and what your expectations were for her. Instead, you are sounding like a paid announcement for SCB and we really would prefer that it be taken elsewhere. You will not get me to budge on the certification issue - sorry. Not now, not ever.