Respironics EverGo works well

hlichten

Super Moderator
Just got back from a trip overseas. I rented (and may purchase) a
Respironics EverGo portable concentrator, which can be seen here:
http://evergo.respironics.com/
which weighs about 9 pounds, is very small.

This is a pulse-based system, not continuous flow. I am not a COPD patient, and use it for chest pain which I often experience while flying.

It comes on a small cart with handle that extends like a rolling suitcase, or you can carry it on your shoulder. It has 2 batteries, and I took 2 extra batteries.

It also comes with a cigarette lighter adapter for car use, and a power cord for plugging into standard 110/220v outlets. It will charge a set of batteries while being used on a/c power.

I used it for about 12 hours at 5.5 lpm, the maximum setting is 6 lpm. After 12 hours use at 5.5, I had about 1/3 of the life of one set of batteries left and more than 1/2 life of the second set left.

This product appears to greatly exceed the manufacturers specifications.

It is perhaps a bit loud, but was not audible to anyone else on an airplane.

Maintenance consists of washing out a very small foam rubber filter in soapy water and drying it. Very simple.

The unit has a touch-screen display that is extremely easy to operate. I did not need to read the manual to operate it. Works with standard cannulas.

A Respironics dealer in Florida gave me a better rental rate, and better purchase price than anyone else in the country. If anyone is interested, I will PM you the name of the dealer.

Biz

Ever go portable oxyg

How much does this little jewel cost? Does it come with three batteries or does one need to purchase the extra one, what's its cost? Does it have a back pack feature or just the sling like a purse style? Thanx, Biz

peterholt

I suffer from COPD and my French Doc suggested it would be beneficial for me to carry an oxygenator for the transat flights that I make every other month. I have had great success with the Evergo - on Delta, they require prior notice and charge a $25 fee (round trip). They do NOT count the equipment as baggage which with the new baggage charges is worth noting.

TWIGS

Evergo

Will you share the name of the company in Florida?
Thanks!

Just got back from a trip overseas. I rented (and may purchase) a
Respironics EverGo portable concentrator, which can be seen here:
http://evergo.respironics.com/
which weighs about 9 pounds, is very small.

This is a pulse-based system, not continuous flow. I am not a COPD patient, and use it for chest pain which I often experience while flying.

It comes on a small cart with handle that extends like a rolling suitcase, or you can carry it on your shoulder. It has 2 batteries, and I took 2 extra batteries.

It also comes with a cigarette lighter adapter for car use, and a power cord for plugging into standard 110/220v outlets. It will charge a set of batteries while being used on a/c power.

I used it for about 12 hours at 5.5 lpm, the maximum setting is 6 lpm. After 12 hours use at 5.5, I had about 1/3 of the life of one set of batteries left and more than 1/2 life of the second set left.

This product appears to greatly exceed the manufacturers specifications.

It is perhaps a bit loud, but was not audible to anyone else on an airplane.

Maintenance consists of washing out a very small foam rubber filter in soapy water and drying it. Very simple.

The unit has a touch-screen display that is extremely easy to operate. I did not need to read the manual to operate it. Works with standard cannulas.

A Respironics dealer in Florida gave me a better rental rate, and better purchase price than anyone else in the country. If anyone is interested, I will PM you the name of the dealer.