Research

normbourne

As a matter of interest, I have just come across a site, "The Australian Stem Cell Centre" which is a government inititative, researching Stem Cell treatments, etc.

It has all sorts of info and publicises various functions & conventions, taking place worldwide, in particular, "Stem Cell Awareness Day", an on line event, which is slated for 23rd September '09, which will feature Videos seminars, etc. by leaders in the field.

I think that it is encouraging to see a goverment supporting such research
and augurs well for the future.

Norm

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Norm - This site was mentioned before, but I found it to be a rather odd site because of the commercial aspect of it. They were endorsing a clinic and a for profit site and yet they claimed to be independent and non profit.

normbourne

Australian Stemcell Centre

The site isn't a commercial site, it is a site, informing one of an organisation, funded by the Australian Government, dedicated to the research of stem cells. and the disseminating of information, and as such I believe their site is certainly worth a visit.

http://www.stemcellcentre.edu.au

Regards,

Norm

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Now that you have posted the link, it is not the same site that was posted before. I agree with you completely that it is worth a visit. There is another Australian site that once you get into it is mainly a push for treatment at certain clinics. It claims to be a non profit site which I found to be rather strange at best. This site looks good. Thanks Norm for following up on this.

normbourne

The site I mentioned before, is "the Adult Stemcell Foundation" and it is to this, I believe, you refer.

While mention is made of a clinic, and other matters, I do believe it is a "Not for profit site", in that they do not receive commissions, etc.

They are simply making people aware of various options that are available, in much the same way as the forum does, where we discuss various clinics, the treatments available there, our experiences, and so on.

Regards,

Norm.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I'm still not convinced of that because they aren't really discussing a lot of clinics or treatments but perhaps these people asked to be on their site and they simply accepted to get some discussion going. I really don't know, but they need to include more or eliminate the few to make it more credible in my opinion.