Questions to ask?

anney_uk

Thanks to you both

This is my second attempt to reply so hope you don't get me twice !

I am glad to hear that this referred to animal live cells and can see it would be disappointing to lost the initial good effects. I definitely would like to have the umbilical cord stem cells if at all possible - I am very impressed with the progress you have both made.

Anney

Ruth

Questions...

Hi Barbara....This is Tricia again...just wanted to say Thanks for your response and yes, she got the book....now I will plow thru it and see what other questions I can come up with....I very much appreciate having you guys there for support...I'm so looking forward to mom getting this done cause I know she will heal real quick and we can get on the road to traveling again....I'll be in touch...take care and keep getting better.... Tricia :)

rosech44

Live Cell Therapy

Just to touch base on the Live Cell Therapy----It is just a temporary fix, boosters can prolong it, but I was not able to go more than once a year, but it is worth it---I just recently realized that I have not had any kind of cold, flu type illness since before my first live cell treatment--I have had it 3 yrs in a row, this last one, I got to feeling so good, I went nutso here at home, washed walls, climbed up and down stairs walked the treadmill--all in one day--I think, I overdid it, and basically turned the cells off--- I have complete and total confidence in the Dr. I saw in Mexico--He is a warm and caring man, he wants to help his patients. He too has been studying umbilical cord stem cell--I would not hesitate to go to him for it, but as far as I know, he is not ready with it so, I choose to go this way, I don't want to wait anylonger than I have to---
I know of one of his patients that litteraly moved to Az, to be close to him, she is a new woman, and credits him with her new found health.

I would be happy to answer any questions I can, if I can---Don't let the word Mexico scare you off from a treatment, the Office I went to was very clean with warm caring employees, and it appears to me where Barbara and Jeannine went to, is also, a really nice place. It's a shame we have to leave our own country to get help, but we do, and looks like we will have to for some time now----

Rose

anney_uk

Any news on European clinics?

I know Larry was researching the German clinic and wonder if he has any further news. I am really nervous of the journey to San Diego, my health is so poor and the three hour initial wait at Heathrow is extremely off-putting. I can't reallty see my doctor recommending me as being able to
fly either so I may have to apply for the adult stem cells in Germany.

They haven't even done any lungs yet so Yes, I could be the first which would be daunting.

The ideal thing would be for the Canadian company that prepares and produces the cord stem cells to supply them to the German clinic. Would there be a possibility of this, does anyone know?

Thanks for any help
Anney

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
Anney

I doubt that the Canadian lab would be willing to work with the German clinic (proprietary product), but if the German clinic does adult stem cells you would be using your own and wouldn't require a lab to provide them.

Remember - there are three ypes of stem cells:

embryonic - which have so far cured nothing; however everyone seems fixated on this type. More of a political issue than anything else. There is no limit on using these stem cells for research - thiere is simply a limit on the amount of money the government will spend.

umbilical cord - this is the type me, Barb, Larry, Nelson etc received. No ban on these either but they cannot be patented which means not much interest by the pharmaceutical companies.

adult - these are taken from your own bone marrow. This is the type Nassin and Dolores had this past week. No ban on these either but they cannot be patented which means not much interest by the pharmaceutical companies.

anney_uk

Canadian Laboratory

Jeannine - I know you say you doubt the Canadian Laboratory would supply the German clinic but why ? Surely if a lab is supplying cord stem cells they would want more than one outlet for their product? After all, the Canadian people are working on a commercial basis so it makes sense they would need as many clinics as they can supply to be successful.

Is it possible for me to have the details of the Canadian lab so I could research further possibilities?

Thanks for your help
Anney

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Labs

I have to second what Jeannine just said. The question has been asked before and they will not give out the lab information, however, I was told by my doctor that their future plans include a state of the art in house laboratory. I just want to say thank you to the unselfish mother that donated the umbilical cord that gave me a new life, wherever she is and thank you to all the pioneering doctors and companies out there that are willing to help us.

anney_uk

I see...

I think I see, anyway - they are all part of the same concern, is that it? In that case, of course they would not supply anyone else. So I am back to hoping for a European clinic - it SOUNDS as though there is quite a bit of
optimism about it.

Watching 'n waiting.....
Anney

Last edited by a moderator:

anney_uk

I would do the same....

In fact, I would happily do the same but I do have the added problem of a long-haul journey that I know I would not be able to undertake. Perhaps I should think about having adult stem cells in Germany and this may give me more strength to travel and undertake a booster of cord stem cells which Nassin seems to wish to do.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Germany vs the unknown

Anney - it is a dilemma for sure. The German company has never treated a patient with COPD, but it is not the worst thing to be first. There really is no evidence that if you have adult stem cell therapy that you would then need a booster or umbilical cord stem cell therapy. Nassin says he was 77 when he received his therapy with his own cells and that perhaps they were a little tired. He was very pleased with the results and he was off of O2 in about 3 weeks except while sleeping. His medications have been reduced as was his SOB. However, he still had some SOB and wanting to be rid of that, he decided to get a booster which he did last week. Dolores, also got this treatment last week and we are looking forward to some reports from her. The treatment I got is umbilical cord stem cell therapy and those of us that have had it, while progressing more slowly as far as getting off of O2, have seen our SOB disappear almost completely (in my case 100 percent, Larry and Jeannine still have a little and the other Pioneers have not had enough time since treatment to let us know about how they are doing as far as SOB). I am very optimistic that the company where I went may get operations rolling in Europe, but it will certainly be at the end of the year or even the beginning of next year would be my best guess. I do not know if you can wait that long, have the money to try another treatment if the German company's treatment does not help you or what. I feel for you about the travel issue. I was originally going to fly (which I hate to do) to Argentina, when Jeannine found the company where we ended up. I was able to drive and I am very thankful for that, but I would have made it to Argentina knowing what little I knew if that was my only option. I think you will have a tough decision to make whether to be number one in Germany or hang in there until a company is opened nearer to you or make the very long journey to the U.S. I wish I had Lear jet, I would come get you tomorrow and off we would go and not worry about all this. I would not even worry about my aversion to flying if we could have the Lear jet and only use private airports. Enough dreaming, but it was nice to float off for awhile.

anney_uk

Yes to the Lear jet!

Well, what a dream that would be - I'd start packing now! Still, at least there are some possibilities and alternatives, it's just a question of maybe waiting a little and seeing what comes about. The problem as you know, is how hard it is to cope with every day struggling to breathe. I do get utterly exhausted.

If all that wasn't so difficult, I could probably hang on until next year when trials may, stress, may be held in this country. Even with the trials, I could end up getting the placebo. In that case, it could be two years and at age 71 I can't wait that long.

Thanks for your encouragement and help anyway
Anney

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Trials

I think the clinical trials are best left to those in better health. I'm like you in that I would not want to chance being the one not to get the real thing. I know what a daily struggle you are going through. It breaks my heart to read these posts and I will certainly keep you up to date to the minute of whatever I hear. In the meantime, stay hopeful. I am very encouraged from what I have heard, but I do not want you to be totally let down if European plans are not put in place as quickly as we would like by companies (or company) that currently do stem cell therapy for COPD. Are you able to exercise at all to keep your strength up? Even slow upper body exercises done while sitting in a chair can help with the SOB a little. Also, some foods seem to contribute to SOB. Are you taking NAC to keep the mucous down or do you have trouble taking that? I know some people do, but others swear by it. I personally take 2 500 mg capsules a day of it with meals. Are you SOB 24/7 or do you still get a few good days? I pretty much was down to SOB 24/7 when I took the plunge and decided to go for the therapy. I just want you to stay encouraged and know that getting treatment is going to be a reality for you. Time really goes by pretty quickly so just be patient because things will pull together for you. You have the spunk it takes and the desire and the right attitude which is what it takes to wait a little longer. Hang in there Anney,

anney_uk

Nac

Thanks for your help and encouragement. The advice too, is very good and I do try and exercise as much as I am able. The sob is most of the time, sitting is when I am at my best but as soon as movement, so it starts.
Unfortunately, I cannot take NAC in any shape or form, it has a quite violent effect on me but I have a few other supplements that I take from time to time.

We did consider a stairlift but decided against it and I am still managing the stairs once or twice a day.

I agree with you about the trials being for healthier people than myself.

Thanks again
Anney

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Have you tried the Power Lung?

Anney - do you have a PowerLung exercisor to help strengthen your lungs? The inventor of this nifty little device has just joined our forum. His name is Mike Jarvis. I am sure they have distributors in England.I know he would be happy to answer that if you e-mail him. Tell him to give us his answer under the PowerLung category so we will all benefit by knowing the answer. The thing really works and my stem cell doctor recommends the use of a lung exercisor before and after treatment. It will help with SOB even. I even take mine in the car. It makes me feel real good after using it. Also, about that stair lift - save your money, buy a PowerLung because you won't be needing a stair lift after stem cell treatment. Nelson is a good example of this. He just purchased a 2 story house as I have mentioned before. Now, who in their right mind suffering from COPD would purchase a two story house? The answer is someone who is getting rid of that terrible disease because he had stem cell therapy. By the way Nelson, it's about time for an update on here or are you too busy playing tennis?