Question regarding ICM

alex

Was wondering what type of stem cells ICM uses. I looked on their web site and it seems that they only use adult stem cells. Is this correct?

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Icm

Adult stem cells can also refer to umbilical cord stem cells which is what ICM has mostly been using. They also told one of our members that they were doing autologous stem cell therapy, but when questioned by the member who actually went there, he would have been the first for his particular problem, so he declined treatment. I have invited ICM to participate and I did have contact with them several times privately, however, I have not been in touch for awhile. You might try contacting CellMedicine on our forum. He was doing a lot of work with them, but lately he has been pretty busy with some of his own research and patents. It is time to get an update from ICM so I will contact them again. If anyone has had treatment there recently, we would love to have you post.

alex

Icm

Barbara,

I sent them an email; will see what they reply.

This is what I found in their Q&A section: "Either the following day or two days later, at a local private hospital arranged by your physician stem cells will be harvested from your blood, bone marrow, or fat." That's why I thought that they are not using UCBSCs.

I also contacted Dr. Peimer, China, and am waiting for Dr. Fredda to contact me.

Thanks for your reply.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I also contacted a researcher who works closely with them to get the very latest on what is going on there since you had already e-mailed them directly.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
My notes on ICM have been found

I found my notes on ICM which were graciously sent to me by one of their representatives. She has broken down various diseases and given the protocol for each one. Since your husband's condition is not listed specifically on the lists she sent me, it would be important for you to call them again or e-mail them. They do have an 800 number. The lists I have show that autologous cells are used for stroke/traumatic brain injury with an option to add allogeneic mesenchymals. They actually have 3 options for this condition with stays between 10 days to 2 weeks. The least amount of time one needs to expect to stay in Costa Rica would be 7 days according to their schedule and that would be for autisum and CP. The list is very extensive so I won't give all the information here for each disease, but I am sure they will be happy to give you the options they offer for your husband. Let us know if you will. Thanks.