querie Re Ask the Doctor ISCI

TESS37

I just read the Ask the Doctor from Rita Alexander from ISCI. Someone asked her the question if they are treating children that have CP they said no with they reasons for not doing so. Then when I went on there website and they say they are treating CP infants as young as 6mths old. I dont have a child with CP but thought those who do might like to know this. Im a bit confused as to why they said no on the ask the doctor and yes on they website.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I couldn't find any reference on their website to indicate that they are treating CP patients. Please copy and paste that portion and reply. Are you sure you were on the right website?

JC the Fox

Press Release

http://www.istemcelli.com/cp_pressrelease.html

ISCI Executive Director Rita Alexander maintains, ??Every parent wants their child to live a happy, healthy life as a baby, as a toddler, as a first grader. CP is a tremendously overwhelming condition--it?s really hard to understand the daily frustrations parents go through when a child is diagnosed with CP. And while the condition can?t be completely cured,? says Alexander ?our stem cell treatment is dramatically improving the quality of life for many children, much beyond their parent?s expectations. The results are truly amazing.?

Cerebral Palsy is not a disease like chicken pox or measles. It is an umbrella term for a group of related disorders stemming from different causes. The condition seriously affects muscle movement, and is caused by abnormalities in the brain. One million children in the US are afflicted with CP, and more will be diagnosed as we see an increase in the survival of premature infants and multiple births.

According to Alexander CP is often associated with injury in the womb or during birth, and especially evident in premature infants. Alexander notes, ?The earlier we can treat an infant or child with Stem Cell Therapy the greater the positive impacts on their future development. ? She continues, ?We?re working with very young children and infants. Stem Cell Therapy is a very gentle treatment, it?s gentle enough for a six month old baby.?

Last edited:

TESS37

Hi Barbara im not sure how copy and paste but when i clicked on there website which was highlighted on the ask the doctor it came up with a small box on the left of there website where you can fill out your details and it listed underneath Parkinson CP autoimmune disease and then you click on any of them it then comes up with how they are treating these conditions with stemcells. CP one says they treat as young as 6mths old. Parkinsons one has testimonal letters from patients that have had there treatment. Thanks Tess

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Tess - If you will look under your first post in this thread, JC found it and responded. I, in turn, responded to him. One way or the other, we will find out. Thanks for bringing this up as it does not seem to go with the information that Ms. Alexander gave on the Ask the Doctor or to me on the phone.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Reply from

We were treating children with placenta tissue transplants. The doctor is open to treating children above the age of 12 but the weight of the child is a determining factor. We can offer placenta treatments for children.

My apology for the confusion.

Take care,

Rita