Pulmonary Fibrosis: Pluristem goes for Indication for lung disease !

Vancouverman

http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/globes/docview.asp?did=1000770385

Unbelievable good news. This israeli company is very keen in bringing a stem cell therapy to the market for indication and treating of pulmonary fibrosis. So far they did great in reducing pulmonary fibrosis in mice. (Still, I wanna see their studies....:)) These are allogene stem cells from womans placenta.

Now they are going to conduct additional tests. I assume human clinical test will start soon.. This is will be done in Israel. On their website I can't find information about their lung trials yet. But this seems to be some pre-released information from their marketing department. But it seems to be credible.

I assume this kind of stem-cell-medicine will be available and approved in Israel first..
--
By the way, my theory is, that every COPD-, Emphysema sufferer got a little pulmonary fibrosis too on cellular level...But very small amount. And probably can't be seen on x-ray or CTs.

-----
http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/globes/docview.asp?did=1000770385

The preclinical tests found reduced pulmonary fibrosis and improving lung function in mice treated with the company's placental stem cells.

Pluristem Therapeutics Ltd. (Nasdaq:pSTI; DAX: PJT: PLTR) reports positive results in preclinical test of its PLacental eXpanded (PLX) cells for the treatment of pulmonary fibrosis. It found reduced pulmonary fibrosis (scarring of the lung tissue) and improving lung function in a group of diseases collectively called interstitial lung disease (ILD).
The study at the University of Alberta in Canada by principal investigator Professor Bernard Thebaud assessed the preventive therapeutic potential of Pluristem's PLX cells in pulmonary fibrosis. Mice treated with PLX cells showed a 70% statistically significant decrease in collagen protein deposition in the lungs, compared with the control group. This reduction, attributed to the PLX treatment, emphasizes its potential to treat the pathogenic endpoint of pulmonary fibrosis. The treatment also improved lung capacity, represented by greater weight gain and improved oxygen saturation in the treated mice compared with the control group.