Prefered clinics, locations & costs

jackenterry

I am very interested in a stem cell proceedure for emphysema and would
like to know of a legitimate clinic and the cost involved.

Thanks, Jackenterry

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Jackenterry - I would suggest you look through the Ask the Doctor section. It seems like almost all the hosts have been asked a question or two about lung disease. I believe most of the contact information is up to date. I did add Dr. Feinerman's new information as he recently moved his clinic to Miami. As for price, it varies drastically.

jtosti

Feinerman

Feinerman no longer in Miami. Has moved on. I did not feel confident in talking to his replacement. I know of one case that had no success whatsoever.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
jtosti -Dr. Feinerman's new information is listed in the Company Posted Information section of this forum. Also, he requested that we update his Ask the Doctor information. I believe you are talking about his old location in Sarasota with the Jouvence Medical Clinic. He just moved to Miami. His company is called STEMCELLREGENMED.

I do not know anything about the doctor at Jouvence who replaced him. I do know that Dr. Feinerman is now using growth factors for some conditions which is something that was not available until fairly recently. It would be nice to hear from anyone who has had treatment with the new protocol. His new clinic in Miami just opened at the beginning of this month I believe. He felt it was a more suitable location as he travels to Peru fairly often.

If anyone has been treated at Jouvence by Dr. Burks, it would also be nice to hear about their experience and what that protocol consists of.

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
I am hoping to get down to Miami to get treated at Dr F's new clinic some time in late Jan or Feb depending on weather, work schedules, etc.

I am waiting for Dr F to return from Peru where he is involved with several treatments before I can get a firm date for treatment.

I think we might drive because flying is a real pain with the oxygen and the entire exhausting ordeal. By driving we can stop and visit family and friends along the way.

jtosti

Dr. Feinerman

I am anxious t speak with Feinerman again because after he left, I became very suspicious about the clinic. I was in the process of making plans to go to Jouvence and was put in touch with a patient who had been treated by Feinerman. He told me that he had received great benefit from the treatment. After Feinerman left, I re-contacted the gentleman, who was then about 6 months removed from his treatment and he related that he had fallen down, and though neither he nor his doctor could understand why, he had lost all benefit from the treatment. He returned to Jouvence and the new Dr. and they provided a second treatment at a discounted price. As of 8 weeks after the 2nd treatment, he had received no benefit and doubted he would live until Xmas.

In the meantime, the people at Jouvence did not tell me that Feinerman had moved down the road, but said that he had was practicing only out of the country.

There is another suspicious aspect to my experience. I have been treated for bladder cancer for several years and told Feinerman about it. At first he declined to treat me. My urologist/oncologist wrote a letter explaining that the cancer I had was of very low grade and his opinion in monitoring my situation over a period of 10 was that stem cell treatment would not affect the bladder cancer. Feinerman then agreed to treatment.

However, when I then tried to make plans to go there, Feinerman had been replaced and the new guy would not treat me unless he had recent biopsy report from my urologist.

Take it for what is worth, but I decided to look elsewhere.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
At least they were both being cautious which is more than you will find at some clinics, although requiring a biopsy rather than just a referral from your own personal doctor seems overly cautious. In the U.S., however, physicians are well aware of the litigious society they work in, so I can understand to an extent where they were coming from.

I can't imagine why a fall would have caused the patient to have all of his improvements disappear. If you contact Dr. Feinerman, that would be a good question to ask him. Stress, infection, a broken bone, depression come to my mind as being factors that effect a person negatively.

I hope you will continue to update us on your plans. I imagine Jouvence was sorry to see Dr. Feinerman move "down the road", but it would be more appropriate to just tell those that inquire that he is no longer working with them, then to give inaccurate information.