Please pray...

Mysty119

My younger sister just went through carotid artery surgery yesterday for 90% blockage and came through it well. But today, I found out that my older sister was in the hospital to have an anurism operated on and is in a coma. The doctors say the next 4 or 5 days are critical as to her outcome.
Please pray for her total recovery and for her family. Thank you.

Achillian

Thinking of you, Bea

Bea, what an awful time for you and your family. My thoughts and prayers will be with you.
Anne.

Mysty119

laraephenix

Thank you for your compassion.
I just received a phone call from my brother-in-law; (the husband of my younger sister who had her right carotid artery cleaned out two days ago). He is taking Diane into the emergency room as she is now suffering severe head pain. I will wait to hear from him as to her prognosis and care.
Thanks again.

Mysty119

To all of you--

Thank you, so much for your thoughts and prayers. It is so great to have such a supportive forum. My younger sister, Diane, who went to the emergency room because of her head aching so----the docs did a scan and everything is okay there. They gave her something for her pain and she went home---she is doing good now.
My older sister, Jean, she is still in a coma. She had gone in to have her thyroid operation as they felt she had cancer there; and they had found the anurism in the process. They were afraid to do her thyroid surgery because the anurism may burst in the process. So,---they "coiled" the anurism to keep it from bursting. It burst as they were coiling it!!!! As of last night, they will not know much for about another two weeks.
Thank you, again----for all of your wonderful comments. This forum gives us a special place to bring our problems, air them, and receive honest and compassionate replies. Bless you all!!!!!!

Mysty119

Update

I found out today that my older sister that is in the coma, now has better coloring; and when you tickle her feet, she moves her toes. Next week, they are hoping to finally be able to do an EEG. Also, they will be taking out her intubation tube and do a tracheotomy on her. They will also remove the feeding tube from her mouth and put it directly into her stomach. They are doing this to protect her from having damaged vocal chords.
We should know much more next week.
Thank you all again for all your wonderful words.

Last edited:

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Bea - I hope next week's news is good news. As always, I will be thinking about you and hope your sister gets well soon.

Mysty119

update

The last time I posted regarding my sister that is in a coma, we had a small shred of hope. Three weeks ago, the doctor told Jean's (my sister)daughters and husband that she had only about a 5% chance of coming out of the coma. She had heard a few noises and was now looking at you as you moved. The doc said that if she did come out of the coma, she may be nothing more than a vegetable.
Three days ago, she started trying to talk. They had taken the intubation tube out so as not to harm her vocal chords from it being in too long; and had inserted a trach tube. Not only that, but if you asked her who you were---she told you. She knew everyone!!! Her grandchildren would show her things, like a flower, a playing card, money, etc. and she knew what everything was!!! They had her up out of bed and sat her in a chair for 5 hours on Wednesday!!! Yesterday, they managed to have her try to get up to stand from a chair. She managed to get her butt off the seat. But that in itself was great!!!! She had been in a coma since Sept 9th!!!
I brought one of the roses I had brought her, to her nose for her to smell. I told her to smell----she did. And I said, "Pretty, huh?" She gave me a HUGE smile!!!!! All those prayers worked.....as they always do. And I and her family thank you all for them. Please continue to pray for her recovery!!! And again----thank you all for being so supportive. As always.

hegy

what wonderful news, I am soooooo happy for you, you're sister and all the family, the miracle of prayer power musn't ever be denied or forgotten.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Bea - You have made my day

Outstanding news!!!!!! I am very happy to hear this from you and once again it proves to me that some doctors just don't understand that there are other factors that may help get us well.

shazza

The last time I posted regarding my sister that is in a coma, we had a small shred of hope. Three weeks ago, the doctor told Jean's (my sister)daughters and husband that she had only about a 5% chance of coming out of the coma. She had heard a few noises and was now looking at you as you moved. The doc said that if she did come out of the coma, she may be nothing more than a vegetable.
Three days ago, she started trying to talk. They had taken the intubation tube out so as not to harm her vocal chords from it being in too long; and had inserted a trach tube. Not only that, but if you asked her who you were---she told you. She knew everyone!!! Her grandchildren would show her things, like a flower, a playing card, money, etc. and she knew what everything was!!! They had her up out of bed and sat her in a chair for 5 hours on Wednesday!!! Yesterday, they managed to have her try to get up to stand from a chair. She managed to get her butt off the seat. But that in itself was great!!!! She had been in a coma since Sept 9th!!!
I brought one of the roses I had brought her, to her nose for her to smell. I told her to smell----she did. And I said, "Pretty, huh?" She gave me a HUGE smile!!!!! All those prayers worked.....as they always do. And I and her family thank you all for them. Please continue to pray for her recovery!!! And again----thank you all for being so supportive. As always.
hi
thats brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mysty119

Hooray!!!!!!!!!!

My sister Jean, that was in the coma and finally came out of it, will be moved to a local rehab facility this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so thankful to all of you who, as always, were there for me and mine!!!!

shazza

hi bea

My sister Jean, that was in the coma and finally came out of it, will be moved to a local rehab facility this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so thankful to all of you who, as always, were there for me and mine!!!!
thats wonderful news!!!!!!!!!!
sharon