Passport requirements for border crossings

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
I took this information below directly from the US Passport site. You do not need a passport in 2007 for border crossings by vehicle. The information being given to some of our members by the company where they are getting treatment is not correct. I cannot emphasize enough to always check information out for yourself and not rely on others for such things as hotel requests, passport info, etc. I know everyone is excited to go and get feeling better, but it is also important to not just accept everything we are told. Jeannine and I found this out on many different occasions. I would urge anyone who wishes to read more about passport requirements to visit the site I mentioned and read it for yourself. Call if you think you need to verify it. This does not mean that you don't need proof of citizenship to go to Mexico, you just don't need the passport for a border crossing. For air travel, the information given by the company where you are going appears to be correct. You will be in a medical van however and even though the driver may speed a little, it is far from air travel. Hope this helps.

Do I need a passport to go on a cruise or to travel by vehicle across the land border to Canada or Mexico?

No, but it is recommended that U.S. citizens carry and present government-issued identification when requested. Although not currently required to present a document, U.S. citizens arriving by land and sea must still establish to the satisfaction of the inspecting officer that they are U.S. citizens.

As early as January 2008, the Departments of Homeland Security and State will begin to implement WHTI at land and sea ports of entry. A Notice of Proposed Rule Making outlining a phased implementation is expected to be published in the Federal Register within the next two weeks.

Bev12452

again thanks

I am again indebted to you for the information I didn't check it out like you have said do many times I went to my Dr yesterday and he was less then pleased with my choice he said I should wait for awhile to see how the previous people make out but I sat firm and said I was going and I needed a new script for xanex and my medical records he did say he would continue to be my Dr I really was disappointed with his response my pulmo still hasn't gotten back to me all I get from his office is that he wants to see me and I am on the emergency to see list, well I have been on this list since last week good thing it isn't a real emergency. hopefully I won't need either of these guys again ssd in their infinite wisdom decided I no longer am going to receive ssd checks so off I go to ss office and declare myself disabled I can't wait for the month of Aug to be over and hopefully Sept will be better well wish me luck dealing with the govt thankfully I just had my pft done and with a12% lung function I don't know how they can determine I am fit for work maybe they heard about the cells and know something before me well off I go to meet the giant Bev inFL

Bev12452

pasport

I called the passport office and spoke to someone and she said as long as we are going in Oct and coming back the same day all we need to carry is our Birth certificates and a driver liceanse or state issued phto Id it is only 6 here in FL so I got straight through anyone else can try and call to verify off to SS Bev in FL

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
Bev

That is correct. All you need to travel to Mexico or Canada until Dec 31 2007 is a photo ID and a birth certificate. Beginning January 1, 2008 you will need a passport.

rosech44

passport's

I have always been aware that we should be good til Jan 08---We just thought we might go ahead and apply, as I might want to go down for prescriptions sometime---I have saved a bundle n RX's in Mexico--of course--Hopefully I won't be needing a lot of my Med's----:D

I'm sure we won't need the passports--was just going to follow the orders from Anna and Dr.

Rose

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Don't always follow the doctor's orders

I'm glad we got this straightened out because some people may want to save their money and not get a passport. I have no clue where the office and the doctor you spoke to came up with the passport info, but I knew it was wrong for driving across the border. Just a word of caution - when Jeannine and I went we actually got several conflicting bits of information from the office and the doctor we worked with. We chose the doctor's advice, hands down, but the doctor you spoke to is also new. It never hurts to question something or check for yourself. We actually got two separate supplement protocols. The one that is in the book you bought is the one we follow as closely as possible. The reason we wanted the Puritan's Pride link on our forum is that this is a very affordable place to stock your new supplement and vitamin store that you will be opening. It sure does seem that way when you look at all the recommended items. We do the best we can. If you can't find something, don't tear yourself up about it. The Amino 1500 is a good one to consolidate many of the amino acids that are recommended and you can also get the zinc, C, E, etc. in a good multi-vitamin. The Puritan's Pride link from here also allows you to get an extra $10.00 off as I mentioned before if you order $75.00 or more. The code is PP07ENT. You three are going to tear the town up I'm afraid. Make sure to call the hotel directly with any requests. The hotel you will be in has a shuttle that you can use according to Mary Jo. Jeannine and I didn't have problems like that. We were practically at the KOA campground it seemed. Things are getting better for the new Pioneers.