NuCell

J

JC the Fox

I came across this company while doing a google search for "emphysema stem cell." They say that patients can now use the product. Problem is, there is no home page or contact list or order information. Has anyone heard of them? The web page I found them at is www.intcorm.com/emphysema.htm

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Who and Where are you?

I have seen the two people on the NuCell site somewhere else and I can't put my finger on it. I guess if they have no way to be contacted, it might be a good idea to put this company on your BEWARE list. What an odd website to say the least.

J

JC the Fox

Duh...

I got smart in my old age and eliminated the "/emphysema.htm" and tried that. I was taken to www.intcorm.com, and there is, in fact, a home page. The company is called ICORM, and has hospitals (?) in Argentina, Peru, Thailand, and Singapore.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Map of countries with permissive stem cell policies

This site shows you a map where the countries with the most liberal policies regarding stem cells are located. You can almost count on these countries having clinics and doctors actively treating people. There are quite a lot of them throughout the world. This particular map concerns embryonic stem cell research, but I think you will find that other stem cell treatments are most likely to be taking place in these areas also.

http://mbbnet.umn.edu/scmap.html

hlichten

Super Moderator
I came across this company while doing a google search for "emphysema stem cell." They say that patients can now use the product. Problem is, there is no home page or contact list or order information. Has anyone heard of them? The web page I found them at is www.intcorm.com/emphysema.htm
I must say,
I have never seen LESS information on a supposed medical website.
That is about the weakest site possible, it tells you nothing.
If it is "under construction" they should say so, not allow access to this.

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Harv - The second site JC found is more complete. I would have to say that someone forgot to take an old site down or something because no one would have a site up that was that bad. There are more and more clinics and companies getting in the act, so again, research well before making any decisions. With the cost of stem cells being so little, any company that is charging outlandish amounts should be avoided in my opinion and when it comes to your own cells, the same is true. How much should you be charged for the procedure? If the price seems out of line, it probably is. Safety needs to be the first concern, but effectiveness and price come in a close second and third for me. Anybody else want to chime in as to what should be major considerations?

I must say I have never seen a membership required to get a newsletter from someone unless they are mailing them out. The site that JC found charges $10.00 to join the Club. That is a different approach to marketing.