Next Big Market: Our stem cells....their money!

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
These articles always make it seem like Big Pharma invented adult stem cells and the treatments that use them. Suddenly, we should feel comforted that Big Pharma aka Big Money is here to save the day. I see it as a way to control the market and technology. Not a healthy idea if you ask me.

It may not be healthy but what we have now isn't good either.

My son has a detached retina in his right eye. He needs to have a new retina attached in order to see from that eye. We just returned from the Bascom Palmer Eye Institute in Florida. If Pfizer gets in to this thru the company they are investing in, EyeCyte, and can produce a new retina from stem cells taken from his hip, I am for it. My hope is that they will work out clinical studies with the big eye institutes like Bascom and Palmer in the next couple of years.
http://stemcellumbilicalcordblood.com/treatable-diseases/stem-cell-treatment-repairing-damaged-retina/

Big Pharma is not going to release the grip on the FDA until they are ready to profit from it. It is the American way. In the meantime Mexico is only a short flight away.
David Snow