New category to be added for diabetes

barbara

Pioneer Founding member
Robert - I am glad you got signed up. I told my son, Darin, that we needed to add Diabetes and he will (type 1 and 2 will be together for now). We are having a big fundraising project today that we are all involved in for my Optimist Club, but I hope he can get to it this weekend. In the meantime, start a thread anywhere you like (other diseases?) Your birthday is the same as my dad's. I am driving a golf cart for 4 hours today if that tells you how I feel. We haul people from the parking lots to a race track for a fee to raise money for our club. Robert, I truly want to find help for you. I am just blown away about how good I feel. COPD which is what I have, was not a disease being treated originally either. It got discovered by accident when cardiac patients who received stem cell therapy also had significant improvement in lung function. The doctor then decided to try it on one of his employees that had emphysema and VOILA it worked to significantly improve this man's lungs. Being one of the very first people in the world to have treatment for COPD is awesome and yet it was scary. I can't decide if I was brave or stupid, but the better I get I think I will just say fortunate. What about the rest of you Pioneers that have gotten treatment - how do you rate yourself?

Jeannine

Pioneer Founding member
Barb

Darin must have read my mind. Diabetes is an important topic and so much progress has been made with stem cells for Diabetics. I will be watching Nelson's progress as my husband is a Type 2 Diabetic but only in the mild stages so we are anxious to see how Nelson improves.